33 (80.5%)
Alien 3
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Aliens vs. Alien 3 (Read 9,939 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If Newt had lived, she could have easily been recast after a time jump for a hypothetical Alien 4.  It happens all the time with child characters who grow up.  I generally hate recastings and even that sort of recasting doesn't bother me.

And I'm not sure her survival in the scenario I proposed would have been any more of a distraction to the audience than either her death or the baffling presence of an egg on the Sulaco.

oduodu

oduodu

i sometimes wonder why they just can t make an animated(to cut down on costs) series on an alternate timeline where they explore an aliens sequel where newt and hicks lived?

or maybe a novel at the very least? there are many takeawys(ideas for newt and hicks) from the alien 3 scripts isn t there?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The comics handled it quite well, barring the last third of the story.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 26, 2024, 07:20:33 PMThe comics handled it quite well, barring the last third of the story.

local

generally speaking do you know what comics were considered the most satisfying in the way they handled the newt hicks issue post aliens?

if this is a too broad question in what section could i ask a question about this ?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Handled it quite well. f**king lol

The Pat Cadigan AlienĀ³ comes the closest to being good and variations thereupon but not as well generally, the Aliens Original Series, good overall on a conceptual level- f**king awful characterisation of returning characters.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 26, 2024, 06:21:19 PMIf Newt had lived, could have easily been recast after a time jump for a hypothetical Alien 4.

You are right that probably would have happened. Thank God they killed Newt then, I can not stand legacy sequels, or passing of the torch stories- they are literally never ever good.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd prefer that Newt simply survived and lived happily ever after off-screen.  I could easily live without turning her into another Amanda Ripley.

SiL

SiL

We can only imagine possibilities that we can get disgusted by to reinforce why what we think is good is the best possible option.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The comics also gave us elephant man.  Checkmate.

SiL

SiL

I'm not sure what part of it growing out of the chair people struggled with.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How does it go to the bathroom?

SiL

SiL

What do you think the chair is?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I like the Alien 3 SE probably more than the Aliens SE.  But I prefer the Aliens TC to both of them. 

Sentry guns, while a cool gameplay mechanic, are kind of a mood stopper. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Real talk.

Also I do not have to imagine possibilities, I just look at literally every other legacy sequel that currently exists, and base my conclusion on that.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 26, 2024, 07:20:33 PMThe comics handled it quite well, barring the last third of the story.

And the fact that Newt was abandoned to a mental hospital for a decade.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 26, 2024, 10:35:38 PM

And the fact that Newt was abandoned to a mental hospital for a decade.

Yeah, that was kinda naff.

Spoiler
Did I use "naff" correctly?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed