Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 45,145 times)

judge death

You poor bastards. Seeing it must be like torture xD

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 17, 2022, 08:37:36 PMI have also seen it. Once. That was enough.
It's an Asylum film. They're like that on purpose

SiL

I'm just glad I didn't give them money for it.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2022, 10:33:43 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 15, 2022, 11:08:11 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 15, 2022, 09:18:23 PMI think the movie looks very good, even some of the CGI.
I pretty much find everything about Scar getting facehugged baffling, this has so many issues in all parts of it from begging to end.

Indeed, Paul W. S. Anderson's bias towards Xenos really shows in the movie. He kills two Preds in 10 mins, and has Scar facehugged, and impaled. Uh.. does he hate Yautja?

Because hunting Aliens supposed to be a challenge not shooting fish in a barrel

All you Predator fans sure got dignified when Requiem came out tho

https://j.gifs.com/mOkqKA@facebook.gif

Actually in the Aliens vs Predator books, Prey, the Preds call Xenomorph's Soft Meat and they call Humans Hard Meat and the harder hunt. The Xenos seen like huntinf boar, and lions.

SiL

It's the opposite. Aliens are hard meat, humans are soft meat. Because Aliens are bony and humans are fleshy. It's not related to difficulty.

426Buddy

Predators prefer hard meat...

:o

SiL

Broken Tusk remarks that Aliens are only good for training newbies on. They're tough and fierce but they're not smart and they don't have weapons.

What I think every bit of media has completely missed is that what would make the Alien an exciting challenge for the Predator is that the Alien is a better hunter. Like sure the Predator can just shoot it -- but the Alien is doing as good, if not better, a job of hunting it as it's doing of hunting the Alien.

That's the real challenge. Predators aren't here for a massacre, they're here to hunt.

Kradan

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 18, 2022, 12:38:09 AMActually in the Aliens vs Predator books, Prey, the Preds call Xenomorph's Soft Meat and they call Humans Hard Meat and the harder hunt. The Xenos seen like huntinf boar, and lions.

Humans are more dangerous than Xenos ? Come on now

SiL

A human with a pulse rifle who knows where the Predator is would be more dangerous to a Predator on account of the whole "long range explosive" thing.

But an Alien is better at sneaking up on a Predator undetected.

Different challenges.

Corporal Hicks

It's part of the reason I'd really like to see a production that just follows one of each creature. I'd like to see more of the Aliens actually posing a challenge to the Predators and limiting the number of participants could really up the tension IMHO.

Huntsman

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2022, 02:58:54 PMBut that's nice to have, especially in a movie called Creature vs Another Creature
Predator fans can use the young unblooded angle as well to explain the defeats they suffer.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 18, 2022, 05:08:50 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 18, 2022, 12:38:09 AMActually in the Aliens vs Predator books, Prey, the Preds call Xenomorph's Soft Meat and they call Humans Hard Meat and the harder hunt. The Xenos seen like huntinf boar, and lions.

Humans are more dangerous than Xenos ? Come on now

Xenos are deadly, but not as intelligent as humans. The Preds who fell to Xenos in AVP were unprovrn teens, while Wolf kicked Xeno A$$.

SiL

Easy to kick ass when your opponents don't fight back.

Kradan

Or when they forget to use their claws and sharp tails

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 19, 2022, 05:58:47 PMXenos are deadly, but not as intelligent as humans
not really no

they're just dumbed down in AvPR (most of the time)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed