In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,407,848 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Saw a Chinese guy get thrown out of the supermarket yesterday for buying a crate of 10 packets of rice (allowed, apparently), taking them out to his car, then coming back in and trying to buy another crate of 10.

Huggs

Huggs

Good. The same thing happened here recently. Some woman had two shopping carts and was filling them both with all the meat in the meat section. And when I say all, I mean everything. She didn't care what it was. Management finally showed up and told her to get out. They said they weren't going to allow somebody to take everything during a national crisis and people were struggling just to find and buy what little they could afford.

Always leave some for the next guy, because one day you will be the next guy.

Huggs

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Damn... that me, third bush from the left.  :-[

Huggs

Huggs

"I'm not sure. The pinecones look different."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

With all these lock-down breakers dressed-up as trees the cops won't be able to see the forest for the trees anymore.  :-\

Huggs

Huggs

"Dispatch, I lost him in the hydrangeas"

Sergeant: "He IS the hydrangeas!"

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It's okay to stop Far-right people from continuing to misinform the mainstream.

https://twitter.com/CNNBusiness/status/1243659506401370112?s

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1243701598334996480?s

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2020, 02:05:54 PM
The panic buying seems to have stopped (Woolies now has TP, mince, and rice in abundance -- pasta's still out though), the shopping malls are empty. It's bizarre and uncomfortable, but it's great.

Still enough Foster's in Aussie?

I would imagine things would get pretty nasty, pretty quick if that were to run out?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 31, 2020, 03:21:00 PM
Good. The same thing happened here recently. Some woman had two shopping carts and was filling them both with all the meat in the meat section. And when I say all, I mean everything. She didn't care what it was. Management finally showed up and told her to get out. They said they weren't going to allow somebody to take everything during a national crisis and people were struggling just to find and buy what little they could afford.

Always leave some for the next guy, because one day you will be the next guy.

I had the same thing happened to me but with water. One woman just decided to fill all of her (>20, 5 littres each one) bottles, build a bunker and live there till everything is over.

InterAlien

InterAlien

Quote from: razeak on Mar 29, 2020, 07:29:29 PM
No Democrat or Republican leaning government has fixed it. Not going to. I didn't see healthcare get magically better under any president, Senate or house. It changed, but the pendulum swings good or bad for different people each administration.

We can cry over Trump or Obama all we want, but if the BS added to the stimulus bill doesn't show you it's not just one side of the aisle, I don't know what will. Our entire government is a disease, not just whatever side sounds like they align with your ideals. Love or hate him, think he's a part or he isn't, one thing Trump got right is that it's a swamp.

Other nations aren't so rosy either. The commonality is corruption through and through, whether it's the U.S., the EU, the UK or anyone else. It's all rife with problems where common people suffer and no one has any moral superiority over the other. It's just in different areas. Orange Man Bad, Obamanation, neither hysterics helped anything.

Cthulhu '20 haha

*Not directed at anyone or any single party, just thoughts on the whole mess in general.

At least the EU/UK has the infrastructure to deal with pandemics - America does not.

Billionaires in America don't pay taxes. They dodge it through loopholes written by their own lobbyists, or store it offshore somewhere. That is why anything resembling public programs in America either don't exist or don't work for the last 40 years. These same people then have labor subsidize their losses, which just happened again with this bill. Not to mention America has the lowest corporate tax rates in the world.

They then spread fear about your taxes "being raised" if you ever question or expose their actions.

I'll give the establishment one thing: their propaganda is even more effective than they are evil.

Kradan

Kradan

So, who's Evil Empire now, huh ?

InterAlien

InterAlien

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 31, 2020, 07:52:00 PM
So, who's Evil Empire now, huh ?

It's us, but probably not for long with this pandemic. Please create a better world than we did.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The irony is seeing fans of the Alien franchise (of all things) tirelessly defend the ideological tenets that prioritize and subsidize the welfare of villainous megacorporations over human beings.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed