In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,407,496 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Gotta love The Wahington Post's original headline.. ::)

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2019, 07:31:14 PM
:laugh:

Yeah, nah, let's not.

And let's not absorb anything about right-wing conspiracy nuts 'WeAreChange' while we're at it.

Um, wearechange is not  a conspiracy theory organization. They have criticized Trump and his policies along with other conservative, right wing politicians just as much as left wing politicians. Also, they actually focus on real issues such as foreign policy, mass surveillance, and other aspects that the mainstream media will not touch. Also, you can't really say that they are "conspiracy nuts" when they actually cite and collaborate information from various online, official news sources, and they are actual on the ground reporting from various locations such as the mess in Venezuela, the Hong Kong protests, and other areas. I really don't know how can say that they are not legitimate when they are at these locations. I mean, the video that I linked is pretty much confirmation that they qualify as actual journalism compared the news outlets like CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc.

Samhain13

Samhain13

You shouldn't bother Darth.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 29, 2019, 07:53:16 PM

https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-uploaded-images/2019-10/e89af620-f98f-11e9-a7fb-7c7ac5390849

They must have considered the way Trump described the guy's death as hatespeech.

Spoiler
Hahaha

[close]

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 29, 2019, 07:59:10 PM
You shouldn't bother Darth.

Wait, why is that?

SM

SM

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Oct 29, 2019, 07:54:53 PM

Yeah, nah, let's not.

And let's not absorb anything about right-wing conspiracy nuts 'WeAreChange' while we're at it.

Um, wearechange is not  a conspiracy theory organization. They have criticized Trump and his policies along with other conservative, right wing politicians just as much as left wing politicians. Also, they actually focus on real issues such as foreign policy, mass surveillance, and other aspects that the mainstream media will not touch. Also, you can't really say that they are "conspiracy nuts" when they actually cite and collaborate information from various online, official news sources, and they are actual on the ground reporting from various locations such as the mess in Venezuela, the Hong Kong protests, and other areas. I really don't know how can say that they are not legitimate when they are at these locations. I mean, the video that I linked is pretty much confirmation that they qualify as actual journalism compared the news outlets like CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc.

If you say so...

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2019, 08:28:26 PM

Yeah, nah, let's not.

If you say so...

Rational Wiki is not a legitimate source. It has just about as much credibility as wikipedia or any other wiki. Have you actually watched any of the videos that I referenced? What makes you think that they are "conspiracy theorists?"

Samhain13

Samhain13

That wiki is quite the biased trash.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Oct 29, 2019, 08:33:23 PM
Rational Wiki is not a legitimate source. It has just about as much credibility as wikipedia or any other wiki. Have you actually watched any of the videos that I referenced? What makes you think that they are "conspiracy theorists?"

Then how about the Southern Poverty Law Center?

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2015/we-are-changes-la-leader-belies-groups-moderate-image

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 29, 2019, 07:53:16 PM

https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-uploaded-images/2019-10/e89af620-f98f-11e9-a7fb-7c7ac5390849

Has Adam Schiff held a press conference about how this guy was preparing to testify about the Ukrainian phone call fiasco yet?

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 29, 2019, 09:16:56 PM

Then how about the Southern Poverty Law Center?

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2015/we-are-changes-la-leader-belies-groups-moderate-image

The Southern Poverty Law Center is also not a legitimate place for factual reporting either. They have been caught up in their own series of controversies over the past few years. For example:
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/10/maajid-nawaz-splc-anti-muslim-extremist/505685/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/03/12/the-hate-list/

Local Trouble

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 29, 2019, 09:54:53 PM
How about Politico?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/this-is-what-its-like-to-read-fake-news-for-two-weeks-214591

Or Politifact?

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/dec/05/how-pizzagate-went-fake-news-real-problem-dc-busin/

Those articles that you cited were deliberate attempts to try and say independent media were reporting that Comet Ping Pong Pizza was where a pedophile ring was being run. That is not what sites like wearechange and many other independent news sources were claiming. They were reporting on all the news stories about political pedophilia that were being covered up. Here is the video in question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE7LmtzNZgg

Also, I can link a video that was made even before the whole pizzagate craze blew up with Podesta's emails. It reported documented incidents of political pedophilia with sources and evidence. The source is  James Corbett. He is another independent journalist who does not lean to left wing or right wing politics. He is 100% anti-statism.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92T6cVlXcyg

SM

SM

Yeah, nah, let's not.

If you say so...

They have receipts.

We have enough right wing sensationalist shitf**kery in the mainstream thanks to Uncle Rupert.  No need to go searching for a bunch of right wingers LARPing as journalists online as well.

If that's where you want to source your news from though, go nuts.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2019, 10:21:18 PM

Yeah, nah, let's not.

If you say so...

They have receipts.

We have enough right wing sensationalist shitf**kery in the mainstream thanks to Uncle Rupert.  No need to go searching for a bunch of right wingers LARPing as journalists online as well.

If that's where you want to source your news from though, go nuts.

Ok, I can definitely tell that you do not want a serious discussion about independent media and their reputation. Instead, you are fallaciously lumping them in the same category as Fox News and other mainstream news organizations without giving reasons as to why they are not legitimate. Instead, your counter argument is stepped in emotionalism. Give me an example in one of their videos where they are far-right wing or have reported inaccurate information.

SM

SM

What would be the point?  You'd just deny it or move the goalposts as you have when LT posts stuff.

You have your biases and I have mine and it would appear they do not meet.  You are however most perceptive that I don't want a serious discussion about independent media.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed