In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,408,349 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 20, 2015, 03:21:15 AM
Honestly, I don't think it works that way. The idea that you lower the flag for an arbitrary number of casualties is a patriotic myth as far as I know.

Yeah but come on, it was basically a terrorist attack, I've read up on it and it just sounds like bs to me. Why would he specifically target military personnel on military premises? oh and he's Muslim...I don't buy into what they're trying to sell. The main difference here is the attack was on American soil, not another country, I would have thought that makes a big difference.

If the White House can go all rainbow coloured for same sex marriage (when they should of stayed neutral) then half-staff for this doesn't seem much of a stretch, Jesus!
I honesty don't get your President, he makes some very odd decisions as if he's trying to upset people. I've never known America in such turmoil (in my lifetime).

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4360278467001/gretchens-take-obama-shuns-real-story-on-domestic-terror/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/taxpayers-continue-spend-millions-find-out-why-lesbians-are-fat#.duurc3:10Cn

QuoteA U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) study to understand why lesbians are fat has now cost taxpayers over $3.5 million to-date.

America, your tax dollars at work.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Any of you guys has comments on David Cameron speech on ISIS do you think his ways could work my opinion is that UK should not interfere in Syria but get other Arab states to get involved like the UAE.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Got zero interest in football, but that FIFA guy, Blatter, was just on TV in a press conference and said the following:

"I just called my late mother and she told me, 'Don't worry, it's just a lack of education.'"

None of the reporters seemed to pick up on how he can apparently now communicate to the afterlife at will. :)

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 20, 2015, 04:09:44 PM
Any of you guys has comments on David Cameron speech on ISIS do you think his ways could work my opinion is that UK should not interfere in Syria but get other Arab states to get involved like the UAE.

Yeah, good luck with that utterly impossible task... Remember how they instantly backed off of air strikes in Libya, after promising maximum support?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

It's a sound idea, you're just forgetting that Arabs can't fight wars. Their "professional" military's are garbage, the only forces who have any sort of combat capabilities are groups like the Kurdish YPG, the only problem is that there's not enough of them. Anytime the Iraqi military has gone up against ISIS they retreat and leave all their US weaponry behind. One of the main reasons you see ISIS with things like TOW missiles is because the Iraqis leave the moment they hear a group of ISIS fighters is heading their way and they leave all their shit behind.

Shit even ISIS is dogshit when it comes to fighting wars, they captured a few monkey model Abrams tanks with enough fuel and ammo to last a few months and what do they do? They blow them up in a propaganda video. They still use WW1 infantry charge tactics for Christ sake and they're still kicking the shit out of a relatively modernized army. If a western power were to go full boots on the ground ISIS would revert back to living in caves and planting IEDs at night.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 20, 2015, 05:26:13 PM
It's a sound idea, you're just forgetting that Arabs can't fight wars. Their "professional" military's are garbage, the only forces who have any sort of combat capabilities are groups like the Kurdish YPG, the only problem is that there's not enough of them. Anytime the Iraqi military has gone up against ISIS they retreat and leave all their US weaponry behind. One of the main reasons you see ISIS with things like TOW missiles is because the Iraqis leave the moment they hear a group of ISIS fighters is heading their way and they leave all their shit behind.

Shit even ISIS is dogshit when it comes to fighting wars, they captured a few monkey model Abrams tanks with enough fuel and ammo to last a few months and what do they do? They blow them up in a propaganda video. They still use WW1 infantry charge tactics for Christ sake and they're still kicking the shit out of a relatively modernized army. If a western power were to go full boots on the ground ISIS would revert back to living in caves and planting IEDs at night.
I agree with you my teacher told me that Saudi Arabia was contacted about this but they have equipment but no one to use shows they rely on the west.Why has not the UN been involved my opinion is that other Muslim states should get involved like Pakistan,Malaysia etc..i dont think Turkey would help because of the PKK and the kurds. Pakistan is currently deciding if they should get involved in the war in Yeman no offense the Arabs are coward they just bomb and beside Pakistan should sort out its political problem.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

James Cameron's going to bomb ISIS? That would be amazing... huh David Cameron? Who the hell is that?  :o :P

The truth is they simply do not have the will to fight and we do not have the will to fight for them either. I do wonder where the arbitrary line in the sand is drawn though, the point at which we do make war.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 21, 2015, 12:02:33 AM
James Cameron's going to bomb ISIS? That would be amazing... huh David Cameron? Who the hell is that?  :o :P

The truth is they simply do not have the will to fight and we do not have the will to fight for them either. I do wonder where the arbitrary line in the sand is drawn though, the point at which we do make war.

The line will probably never be drawn, at least not for a while. War hasn't been politically popular since WWII, and as long as the media has access to front line footage they'll find every way to twist it into "the West is the bad guys, pull the troops out of buttf**kistan". Sure war is ugly, but sometimes it needs to be fought, and while it's become apparent you can never outright destroy groups like ISIS, you can at least suppress them.

Speaking of, apparently ISIS groups are infiltrating the Balkans. Who the f**k in ISIS woke up and said, "hey lets f**k with the Balkans, those guys get scared and subdued easy, I bet they are also pussies who will run from war".  It's like they behead a few dudes on camera and suddenly they think they have a handle on atrocities enough to go toe to toe with the Balkans.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

James Cameron's going to bomb ISIS? That would be amazing...

I have the weirdest mental image, right now...

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 21, 2015, 12:19:57 AM
Speaking of, apparently ISIS groups are infiltrating the Balkans. Who the f**k in ISIS woke up and said, "hey lets f**k with the Balkans, those guys get scared and subdued easy, I bet they are also pussies who will run from war".

:laugh:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 21, 2015, 12:19:57 AM

The line will probably never be drawn, at least not for a while. War hasn't been politically popular since WWII, and as long as the media has access to front line footage they'll find every way to twist it into "the West is the bad guys, pull the troops out of buttf**kistan". Sure war is ugly, but sometimes it needs to be fought, and while it's become apparent you can never outright destroy groups like ISIS, you can at least suppress them.

Speaking of, apparently ISIS groups are infiltrating the Balkans. Who the f**k in ISIS woke up and said, "hey lets f**k with the Balkans, those guys get scared and subdued easy, I bet they are also pussies who will run from war".  It's like they behead a few dudes on camera and suddenly they think they have a handle on atrocities enough to go toe to toe with the Balkans.
The guy who read that the two world wars had ties to the Balkan theater, probably. For as dumb as that sounds that is how western ISIS members think. Same thing with the Abrams tanks, for as well built and deadly as they are, it still needs a well trained crew, spare parts and being a dessert environment, a high level of maintenance. All they could do was blow it up for propaganda.

This is what pisses me off about how we conduct war for the past 70 years. When you make war you do it to win war and that means a full surrender of enemy forces unless it is mutuality beneficial to both side to call it off. When you have the overwhelming advantage you use it. I still can't believe the idea of "united nations police action" that was the Korean war, the entire hands off of major supply routes in Vietnam and then having the media portray them as resistance fighters chain ganging supplies to the battle front. The simple truth is that the US military was barred from engaging them. Even the news media's coverage of the slaughter of the Iraqi army that made GHB stop the war prematurely. What the hell was the brass thinking allowing the (studio) media a font row seat to war?

The one thing that I can't stand is this blind eye that way too many people put to the truth. A solider is a weapon. The art of soldiery is to commit mass murder. This peace keeping bullshit has got to go; you want peace keeping send in the cops. War is ugly but soldiers have a job that they are well trained to do, we should let them do that job when called forth.

As ISIS goes, something needs to be done and boots need to go onto the ground before they actually get f**king organized. I just don't see the wisdom of letting this shit simmer like this. The political atmosphere of course isn't going to let that happen. No one wanted to pull troops out of Iraq but it's true, the American Public isn't going to support military action until it swims up and bites us on the ass. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I can't stand seeing people getting their heads cut off in droves. Of course with the last round of sequestration cuts and another round to happen in October... shit what's the point of arguing I suppose.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

QuoteEven the news media's coverage of the slaughter of the Iraqi army that made GHB stop the war prematurely. What the hell was the brass thinking allowing the (studio) media a font row seat to war?

I think that was my favorite part of the Iraq war; A large group of Iraqi mechanized infantry retreating to reorganize is engaged by US aircraft and has the shit slapped out of them. Western media then comes along and takes photos of a few charred bodies and says, "Look at what our evil troops did to these innocent Iraqis! Pull the troops out now!". Then a few civvies get killed by cluster bombs, and the Western media says, "Look at what our evil troops did! Ban cluster bombs!". It's like they don't get that the objective of war is the complete destruction or surrender of the enemy, and no matter how horrible it sounds, civilian casualties will always be a factor.

You really hit the nail on the head rabbit

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 21, 2015, 04:09:08 AM
QuoteEven the news media's coverage of the slaughter of the Iraqi army that made GHB stop the war prematurely. What the hell was the brass thinking allowing the (studio) media a font row seat to war?

I think that was my favorite part of the Iraq war; A large group of Iraqi mechanized infantry retreating to reorganize is engaged by US aircraft and has the shit slapped out of them. Western media then comes along and takes photos of a few charred bodies and says, "Look at what our evil troops did to these innocent Iraqis! Pull the troops out now!".
I remember that part vividly. It really is hypocritical of the media too; as they were the ones waving around Americas Gigantic Military Dong at the beginning of the war. What did they think would happen if you slap that dong across a battle convoy of Iraqi troops? Total destruction, that's what. That shouldn't be surprising though, coming from office workers. People sometimes forget that the news media are nothing more than office workers. They're not prepared for combat and it's harsh realities.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/us/tennessee-naval-reserve-shooting/index.html

More reason to believe that the Chattanooga shooter was more mentally insane than terrorist.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Completely unrelated but CNN knows the AR15 is not an assault rifle, right?

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

About ISIS in the Balkans; while it is a troubling development, most Muslims there are very secular.  If it weren't for the mosques, you might not even know that people like Bosniaks and Albanians were Muslim.  The only way I can see ISIS getting any substantial followers is by playing off anti-Serb sentiment.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 21, 2015, 05:52:54 AM
Completely unrelated but CNN knows the AR15 is not an assault rifle, right?
Unlikely. The 94 federal weapons ban mucked that all up. Still it's a deadly weapon even without automatic fire. :P

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/07/16/former-marine-takes-down-armed-robber-pkg.ktvt

Good job marine.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed