In The News (Read 1,408,121 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

DoomRulz

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Sep 04, 2014, 12:10:43 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 03, 2014, 10:35:51 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/09/03/dnt-arab-mascot-removed-from-school.kesq.html

Dumbasses, that is not a terrorist. :P

Why would you wanna call your team that anyway?  :o
I don't know why but it is their school. Why should they have to rename it because of political correctness or obvious reverse racism. Why isn't the fighting Irish guy banned too?

Also, I forgot England had nuclear weapons. Sounds cute.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

you don't know many irish people

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 04, 2014, 12:31:56 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Sep 04, 2014, 12:10:43 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 03, 2014, 10:35:51 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/09/03/dnt-arab-mascot-removed-from-school.kesq.html

Dumbasses, that is not a terrorist. :P

Why would you wanna call your team that anyway?  :o
I don't know why but it is their school. Why should they have to rename it because of political correctness or obvious reverse racism. Why isn't the fighting Irish guy banned too?

Also, I forgot England had nuclear weapons. Sounds cute.

England doesn't...Scotland does ;) but for how long?

Aspie

Cvalda

Cvalda

QuoteThat said, Mel Feit, director of the New York-based advocacy group the National Center for Men, indicated that this could be an example of sexism in reverse. "The idea that a woman would have to send money to a man who raped her is absolutely off-the-charts ridiculous," he said. "It wouldn't be tolerated, and it shouldn't be tolerated."

Comparing consensual underage sex between two trashy idiots with a six year age difference to actual rape is extremely disingenuous. He certainly didn't consider himself a victim of "rape" til child support payments got involved.

That said, he obviously shouldn't be obligated to pay child support.

Can we go ahead and name this the MRM thread already?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 04, 2014, 02:54:34 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2014, 12:29:45 AM
This actually made me sick.

http://www.examiner.com/article/statutory-rape-victim-forced-to-pay-child-support-for-kid-he-didn-t-know-existed

Now this would make one hell of a debate.
What's to debate?

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 04, 2014, 03:04:09 AM
QuoteThat said, Mel Feit, director of the New York-based advocacy group the National Center for Men, indicated that this could be an example of sexism in reverse. "The idea that a woman would have to send money to a man who raped her is absolutely off-the-charts ridiculous," he said. "It wouldn't be tolerated, and it shouldn't be tolerated."

Comparing consensual underage sex between two trashy idiots with a six year age difference to actual rape is extremely disingenuous. He certainly didn't consider himself a victim of "rape" til child support payments got involved.

He was a victim of statutory rape, even if he didn't realise it at the time. Under the law, that's fact. All that's being said is that if the sexes were reversed, the outcome would be radically different.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I have no problem envisioning that. If it was a chick, it would not be the same.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2014, 03:12:56 AM
He was a victim of statutory rape, even if he didn't realise it at the time. Under the law, that's fact. All that's being said is that if the sexes were reversed, the outcome would be radically different.
Shoulda coulda woulda. Doesn't change the fact that it was still consensual and labeling it "rape" is the kind of legalese people like you hate when, say, a woman uses it after being taken advantage of when drunk or something -- the hypocrisy :laugh:

And for someone "sick" over this isolated incident of injustice, I bet you don't give a shit about the centuries of statutory rape inflicted on, say, child brides, many of them 14 or younger, who were actually raped by their husbands, died from underage pregnancy, etc. A practice that still goes on throughout the world, too :) But I'm not holding my breath. Nothing compared to all this institutionalized male oppression! :'(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Doom has a point, Cvalda. This is f**ked up no matter how you slice it, and bringing up child brides doesn't change that. Yeah that's a despicable and disgusting practice, no one's arguing it isn't, but bringing it up as some kind of counterpoint is incredibly low and unnecessary.

It's funny how you're only a Social Justice Warrior when feminism is involved.

SM

SM

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 04, 2014, 03:04:09 AM

That said, he obviously shouldn't be obligated to pay child support.

Can we go ahead and name this the MRM thread already?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 04, 2014, 04:15:05 AM
It's funny how you're only a Social Justice Warrior when feminism is involved.
It's funny how you apparently can't read.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

How is this case at all related to feminism, apart from sex with a woman being involved?

SM

SM

It is symbolic of mens struggle against oppression.

What have the womans every done for us?

Solidarity, brother.  Sister, sorry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed