In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,408,176 times)

SM

SM

I don't think the story about them turning around before disappearing has been confirmed.

QuoteWith two stolen visas I imagine they are investigating possible terrorist links without giving much away.

Stolen passports.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yup.

Rong

Rong

Stolen passports are probably quite common.

SM

SM

All the ang mo look same, lah.

DoomRulz

Rong

Rong

Lol straya

SiL

SiL

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm just saying, grabbing a brew after being bitten by a snake is pretty boss.

SiL

SiL

He didn't, he called emergency services like a rational human being.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Then had a brew. He still did it after being bitten.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2014, 12:13:44 AM
I don't think the story about them turning around before disappearing has been confirmed.

QuoteWith two stolen visas I imagine they are investigating possible terrorist links without giving much away.

Stolen passports.

So is the leading theory that the plane completely disintegrated at cruise height without a trace plausible? I want to know why authorities have already written this off as a non-terror attack. A fuel or engine explosion couldn't vaporize all of the debris would it?

Eva

Eva

I'm reading that they might suspect that the pilots or one of the pilots, switched off the transponder manually just before the plane vanished. If so, that could indicate that the person deliberately tried to erase all traces of his actions prior to the plane crashing into the sea, which is a pattern seen previously when pilots have taken drastic measures to commit suicide, attempting to mask the event as an accident in the process.

If that theory is being investigated, that could explain why they are stonewalling the public. It's very bad pr if people fear that travelling with this airline, is like playing a game of Russian Roulette with your life.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It hasn't been written off as a non-terror attack. However before they can investigate the incident as a criminal/terrorist act they have to first find proof. As someone that is not bound by burden as the investigators are, it wholly appears that the aircraft was taken down by some sort of explosion. However at this point there is no evidence that it was a bomb.

The crash is similar to both Pan Am 103 and Air India bomb attacks though. However pitot tube failure such as Air France 447 or the TWA 800 center fuel tank explosion are... we'll actually both those scenarios are very unlikely. At this point it is most likely a bomb that caused this crashed. However like I said, they have yet to find evidence of that.

Air Egypt 990's suicide pilot scenario is also plausible. However they should have found a debris field by now. It's most likely that they plane tore apart at high altitude.

Another thing to take into consideration, mechanical wise about Malaysia flight 370; is that one of it's wingtips was rebuilt. It was broken off after striking another planes tail a few years back.

Eva

Eva

The terrorism angle/theory is severely weakened by no one coming forward, claiming to be the ones orchestrating it. The whole point of terrorism is lost if people aren't made aware that this was an act of terrorism by the terrorists themselves.

SM

SM

QuoteIt hasn't been written off as a non-terror attack.

It pretty much has.  The stolen passports seemed to belong to a couple of Iranian asylum seekers.

And as Eva said, someone would've come forward to claim responsibility by now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed