Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,407,976 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 17, 2013, 07:28:06 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 17, 2013, 06:43:21 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 17, 2013, 05:22:28 AM
I'll refer you back to my comment about chopping off the hands of thieves.

That is the extreme end of the argument though isn't it, that would never come to pass because its obviously out of hand (no pun intended (:D))

But eye for an eye when it comes to killing people is ok?

QuoteYou all know exactly what I mean with that UK terrorist case, it was horrific and there is no question of doubt over any of it. The two guys involved enjoyed doing it, show no remorse and revel in their 'achievement'. If the public had a chance to vote on it I'm sure capital punishment would win hands down, no question.

So if the mob is fired up and pissed off enough and demand to see blood then capital punishment should be sanctioned?

QuoteThe same could be said for some of these school shooting in the US, where the shooter survives that is. That kid in the clip above would be torn limb from limb if the parents could get away with it.

Again: so we should let rage, revenge and hatred control our justice system?

In the case of Lee Rigby its not revenge its pure justice. Those two men killed him in cold blood, in broad daylight in front of everyone...and celebrated it. There is NO defense for what they did, none whatsoever, why should they carry on life in prison? they don't deserve it. Plus there trial should be short n sweet, how can they defend themselves?? oh but gee lets not forget about their human rights of course  ::) don't wanna upset the EU  >:(

Its not mob justice its people wanting justice for a terrible crime which has no defense.

There is a limit to how tolerant people can be, if you were a family member involved then I'm sure you would have a different opinion. The family members in that T.J. Lane case showed amazing tolerance and restraint when he pulled those courtroom stunts. I'm amazed no one leapt up and tried to throttle him right there!.

I don't know if these types of people can even be turned around. Yet even if they do later on in life...do they deserve that chance? do they deserve to carry on having those chances after killing innocent people? the murdered people will still remain dead whether the killer becomes a nice guy or not. Doesn't matter how much sorrow or remorse the killer shows later on nothings gonna change what he did so why allow him to carry on?.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 17, 2013, 08:09:57 AM
Negative broski.

I do believe in SEB that you can't be impassioned when ruling on the sentencing.  I just don't believe leaving some of these guys alive while they pull the strings behind bars is justice.
Then why not cut the strings they pull instead? That would actually be much better for society in general.

SEB? Self Enhancement Bias?

SM

SM

QuoteIf a person is a known killer where there is no reasonable doubt that they have killed they should be executed.

But if there is some doubt - let them go?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Dec 17, 2013, 02:10:18 AM
What do guys think of euthanasia since google becoming eerily similar to skynet isn't interesting? Especially for kids and people with lifelong mental illnesses and not just adults with physical problems?

Euthanasia should've been legalised a long time ago. I don't see why a person suffering from a debilitating disease can't end their life if they're able to make a conscious decision whilst still in full control of his or her mental faculties.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Dec 17, 2013, 11:56:15 AM
QuoteIf a person is a known killer where there is no reasonable doubt that they have killed they should be executed.

If there is doubt then you should hold on to them and let the law run its course.  I'm talking about people that go to jail have freely admitted to killing and are rewarded with life.  Some of these fools only get 15-25 years in prison before they are released again in prisons that are overcrowded.

Big time mobsters and gangsters can throw enough cash at lawyers that they can delay the whole process and this is another problem.  They are the ones orchestrating interior and exterior activities that lead to other prisoners and civilians on the outside being killed.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 17, 2013, 05:54:59 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 17, 2013, 11:56:15 AM

If there is doubt then you should hold on to them and let the law run its course.  I'm talking about people that go to jail have freely admitted to killing and are rewarded with life.  Some of these fools only get 15-25 years in prison before they are released again in prisons that are overcrowded.

Big time mobsters and gangsters can throw enough cash at lawyers that they can delay the whole process and this is another problem.  They are the ones orchestrating interior and exterior activities that lead to other prisoners and civilians on the outside being killed.

So in other words you want to take the easy way out since the prison and justice system is faulty and sometimes corrupt we better just kill people off rather than fix the REAL problems? Sounds very short-sighted and brings us down an incredibly slippery slope.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its not an easy choice, its the most logical.

Kill this fool who keeps killing in prison and who is able through the prison system to have civilians killed OUTSIDE of the prison or let him live while he sits back in relative comfort because everybody from the jailer to his bunkmate is afraid of him and let him keep killing without penalty.

There is a responsibility to society to not allow men such power while they are incarcerated.  It is ridiculous.  I think anybody that is FOR such individuals having life in prison where they are still free to play their game just behind bars needs to take an outside look at what they are doing to people both in and out of prison.

Because your basically arguing that these convicted felons lives are more valuable than others in prison that they kill or the people outside that they kill.

Foolishness man. 

Short sighted to me is thinking that these guys aren't killing in jail or outside of jail and that we should just let them be.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 17, 2013, 08:49:18 AM
In the case of Lee Rigby its not revenge its pure justice. Those two men killed him in cold blood, in broad daylight in front of everyone...and celebrated it. There is NO defense for what they did, none whatsoever, why should they carry on life in prison? they don't deserve it. Plus there trial should be short n sweet, how can they defend themselves?? oh but gee lets not forget about their human rights of course  ::) don't wanna upset the EU  >:(

What they did was not unique (but I guess them being black and Muslim, which you underscored in your original post, and caught on camera, made it extra newsworthy) and thus heads would roll if capital punishment was the remedy for those kinds of crimes.

What I'm saying is that once you start accepting the death sentence it all becomes very subjective and  unfair, but most of all it caters to bloodthirsty mob mentality and barbarism.

Your disdain for human rights is really disturbing. Human rights is all we got in the end.

QuoteIts not mob justice its people wanting justice for a terrible crime which has no defense.

So eye for an eye then? It doesn't have an effect on crime and criminals and it only makes the rest of us more inhumane, less empathic and more thirsty for blood. Back to biblical times.

QuoteThere is a limit to how tolerant people can be, if you were a family member involved then I'm sure you would have a different opinion. The family members in that T.J. Lane case showed amazing tolerance and restraint when he pulled those courtroom stunts. I'm amazed no one leapt up and tried to throttle him right there!.

Because not all people are like you.

QuoteI don't know if these types of people can even be turned around. Yet even if they do later on in life...do they deserve that chance? do they deserve to carry on having those chances after killing innocent people? the murdered people will still remain dead whether the killer becomes a nice guy or not. Doesn't matter how much sorrow or remorse the killer shows later on nothings gonna change what he did so why allow him to carry on?.

Carry on behind bars is not really to carry on. Killing the killer won't bring the loved ones back to life, it will only turn the relatives of the victims into empty shells once the 'monster' has been offed. Revenge in this case  is a quick fix that doesn't solve anything - only makes things worse, for everyone.

The justice system is supposed to be bigger than the rest of us and not prone to base decisions/verdicts on hatred, rage and revenge.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Smart phones are apparently a big problem in prisons. I remember seeing a while back on the news that at least a dozen men in one prison were on facebook and constantly calling family and friends with them.

They really should start using RF jammers in prisons to prevent this sort of thing.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Dec 17, 2013, 09:29:29 PM
Smart phones are apparently a big problem in prisons. I remember seeing a while back on the news that at least a dozen men in one prison were on facebook and constantly calling family and friends with them.

They really should start using RF jammers in prisons to prevent this sort of thing.
They hide that shit up their ass?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 17, 2013, 09:21:52 PM
Its not an easy choice, its the most logical.

Kill this fool who keeps killing in prison and who is able through the prison system to have civilians killed OUTSIDE of the prison or let him live while he sits back in relative comfort because everybody from the jailer to his bunkmate is afraid of him and let him keep killing without penalty.

There is a responsibility to society to not allow men such power while they are incarcerated.  It is ridiculous.  I think anybody that is FOR such individuals having life in prison where they are still free to play their game just behind bars needs to take an outside look at what they are doing to people both in and out of prison.

Because your basically arguing that these convicted felons lives are more valuable than others in prison that they kill or the people outside that they kill.

Foolishness man. 

Short sighted to me is thinking that these guys aren't killing in jail or outside of jail and that we should just let them be.

No that's what I'm saying at all.

What I'm saying is that you're looking for a quick fix rather than dealing with the real problem. The prison system needs to be cleaned up from the top to bottom. That's the problem.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't disagree.

However, for people that are guilty as f**k, flaunt their guiltiness, and have admitted to being murderers there is no point keeping them around.

If that makes me cold as f**k than so be it.  They had their chance, and they f**ked it up.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Cal427eb on Dec 17, 2013, 09:29:58 PM
Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Dec 17, 2013, 09:29:29 PM

They hide that shit up their ass?
If you can take a fist, the sky is the limit.  :P

As for capital punishment, if they're too dangerous to keep alive (Ted bundy who escaped twice, or that guy in law abiding citizen), ok, kill them, otherwise simply killing them out of anything other than necessity is a flawed ideology.

A sane society would find some use for criminals rather than sticking them in a hole forever while still maintaining a strong deterrent to crime.

When we can start scanning brains and simulating brains in super computers in real time, we could learn a lot about the especially violent and brutal killers out there, and may even wish we hadn't executed some of them.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Finding use for them isn't going to work because they must be treated humanely.

This isn't Russia, we can't force them into hard labor.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 17, 2013, 09:54:13 PM
Finding use for them isn't going to work because they must be treated humanely.

This isn't Russia, we can't force them into hard labor.
My original response was much longer. Basically I had said that the problem is much deeper than the penal system and that we're not currently set up for making criminals useful, humane or not.

The only thing that immediately comes to mind is future technology that would be a criminologist's and neurologist's wet dream. Why kill them when their brain can aid in catching and understanding other criminals regardless if they want it to or not?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed