Author
In The News (Read 1,407,682 times)

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 27, 2013, 02:40:09 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Jun 26, 2013, 06:50:49 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Jun 26, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
Speaking of giant wasp nests and bullying, when I was in the third grade an entire wall of my house had become infested with yellow jackets over time. There were huge clouds of wasps buzzing around outside the wall and lots inside the room. My brother and I would check under our bedsheets at night to make sure no wasps would sting us under the blankets. I told my teacher I couldn't finish a special project in time because I had wasps in my bedroom. He didn't believe me and made fun of me in front of the whole class.

Please say you reported that miserable wanker.

I was living in an abusive household at the time and didn't really know any adults I trusted. I just ignored it and moved on. The teacher was a large and imposing man named Mr. Skinner, heh. :D

I'm sorry to hear that. Did affect you a great deal, if I may ask?

It's hard to explain how the years of abuse that proliferated my upbringing have influenced me, exactly. When I was little, I would read about how abuse adversely affects children but I would convince myself that I am "okay," no matter what bad things I experienced.

I decided to run for President of Student Council when I got to the sixth grade. There were a handful of potential candidates but there was only one other student that was a front runner. I waited and watched, secretly discovering that my main opposition was going to make certain promises in his election speech and also had plans for his mom to pass out candy to the kids in the auditorium (Bribery.) I decided I needed to +1 up him if I was going to win, so I wrote a speech about all the things I would fight for, instead of making early promises I may or may not keep. Then I asked my mom to help me with passing out jolly ranchers to all the potential voters on election day with notes attached to vote for me.

Election day came and my opponent spoke of future promises and his ability to accomplish them because he dressed nice and made good grades. I could tell he was nervous but still he managed to get some decent applause from the audience as his mom randomly passed out candy. Then it was my turn, and I spoke confidently and passionately about how I would fight for student rights as President, fight for the reinstatement of Friday morning sock hop with donuts for sale so kids could dance and eat before first period, fight to convince the school district to fund a field trip for the entire school to six flags of Texas (theme park with rollercoasters), and add recycling bins to the cafeteria. My mom helped pass out jolly ranchers taped to paper that said vote for me.

Finally the exact vote count was announced for each candidate over the school PA system and I was elected to President of Student Council by a landslide. I wasn't able to get funding for the extra field trip to six flags park, but I did convince the school to implement recycling bins in the cafeteria and reinstate Friday morning sock hop with dancing and donuts before class. After I had been President for awhile, a very young student came up to me and asked if I was the President and for my signature on his baseball. I asked if he was sure, because I had poor hand writing and didn't want to upset his folks. He begged me, so I signed his baseball with my name and he ran off all happy.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That is a great story. :)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

My shining accomplishment in HS was using the handicap elevator to put a cow on the second floor for our senior prank.

:-[

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 27, 2013, 09:07:25 PM
That is a great story. :)

Thanks. I complimented the other front runner in my speech but tried to convince the voters I could do even better.

Sorry for going off topic. Iit just kind of came out. I don't like to share personal things on the internet but perhaps someone else might read it and take solace.

If anyone wants to read about my circumcision in the first grade, I have more stories lol 

SM

SM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 27, 2013, 09:11:47 PM
My shining accomplishment in HS was using the handicap elevator to put a cow on the second floor for our senior prank.

:-[

:D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

What is bad is that the school supplied the cow itself.  There is this retarded thing the FFA does called cow pasture bingo and they brought one of them to school.

The whole thing took literally 30 seconds to do.  Wait till they leave, muzzle the thing (I used my belt to guide it) walk in to the hallway that has the elevator since it didn't have a security camera, put it in elevator, run upstairs (no room for me), encourage it out.

The school staff looked everywhere for it for like five hours and then they finally found it playing cow pasture bingo (shitting everywhere) by itself upstairs.

We almost didn't think the elevator would be stout enough to get it upstairs.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 28, 2013, 01:07:18 AM
What is bad is that the school supplied the cow itself.  There is this retarded thing the FFA does called cow pasture bingo and they brought one of them to school.

The whole thing took literally 30 seconds to do.  Wait till they leave, muzzle the thing (I used my belt to guide it) walk in to the hallway that has the elevator since it didn't have a security camera, put it in elevator, run upstairs (no room for me), encourage it out.

The school staff looked everywhere for it for like five hours and then they finally found it playing cow pasture bingo (shitting everywhere) by itself upstairs.

We almost didn't think the elevator would be stout enough to get it upstairs.
I bet the janitors loved you.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Nobody knows it was me.

SM

SM

Meanwhile in Kentucky...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 28, 2013, 01:11:48 AM
Nobody knows it was me.
Spoiler
I know...
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

Wow, that was genuinely creep Cal looool

Cvalda

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 28, 2013, 01:25:35 AM
Wow, that was genuinely creep Cal looool
That means I was successful. lol

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 27, 2013, 08:16:15 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 27, 2013, 02:40:09 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Jun 26, 2013, 06:50:49 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Jun 26, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
Speaking of giant wasp nests and bullying, when I was in the third grade an entire wall of my house had become infested with yellow jackets over time. There were huge clouds of wasps buzzing around outside the wall and lots inside the room. My brother and I would check under our bedsheets at night to make sure no wasps would sting us under the blankets. I told my teacher I couldn't finish a special project in time because I had wasps in my bedroom. He didn't believe me and made fun of me in front of the whole class.

Please say you reported that miserable wanker.

I was living in an abusive household at the time and didn't really know any adults I trusted. I just ignored it and moved on. The teacher was a large and imposing man named Mr. Skinner, heh. :D

I'm sorry to hear that. Did affect you a great deal, if I may ask?

It's hard to explain how the years of abuse that proliferated my upbringing have influenced me, exactly. When I was little, I would read about how abuse adversely affects children but I would convince myself that I am "okay," no matter what bad things I experienced.

I decided to run for President of Student Council when I got to the sixth grade. There were a handful of potential candidates but there was only one other student that was a front runner. I waited and watched, secretly discovering that my main opposition was going to make certain promises in his election speech and also had plans for his mom to pass out candy to the kids in the auditorium (Bribery.) I decided I needed to +1 up him if I was going to win, so I wrote a speech about all the things I would fight for, instead of making early promises I may or may not keep. Then I asked my mom to help me with passing out jolly ranchers to all the potential voters on election day with notes attached to vote for me.

Election day came and my opponent spoke of future promises and his ability to accomplish them because he dressed nice and made good grades. I could tell he was nervous but still he managed to get some decent applause from the audience as his mom randomly passed out candy. Then it was my turn, and I spoke confidently and passionately about how I would fight for student rights as President, fight for the reinstatement of Friday morning sock hop with donuts for sale so kids could dance and eat before first period, fight to convince the school district to fund a field trip for the entire school to six flags of Texas (theme park with rollercoasters), and add recycling bins to the cafeteria. My mom helped pass out jolly ranchers taped to paper that said vote for me.

Finally the exact vote count was announced for each candidate over the school PA system and I was elected to President of Student Council by a landslide. I wasn't able to get funding for the extra field trip to six flags park, but I did convince the school to implement recycling bins in the cafeteria and reinstate Friday morning sock hop with dancing and donuts before class. After I had been President for awhile, a very young student came up to me and asked if I was the President and for my signature on his baseball. I asked if he was sure, because I had poor hand writing and didn't want to upset his folks. He begged me, so I signed his baseball with my name and he ran off all happy.

That's an incredible story, thank you for that :) I'm glad the abuse didn't get to you.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Stupid astrophysics, always rewriting itself!

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/06/voyager-unexpected-region/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed