In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,408,320 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 20, 2013, 04:05:15 PM
So what can the US government do to prevent future bomb/terrorist attacks? I dont want no wise ass answers such as banning pressure cookers or ball bearings. Is everyone else OK with giving up certain rights in order to feel more safer or secure in the United States? Personally, I don't care anymore, I just want to feel safe in the major cities. Is a ban on Muslim immigration logical?

Are you serious?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Nothing is ever going to be 100% safe.  And I'm not in favor of giving up personal liberties to feel more secure.  Life's a gamble, roll the dice.

Eva

Eva

- Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.

Benjamin Franklin

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 20, 2013, 12:23:17 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 20, 2013, 12:18:12 AM
I think the point here is that an individual can be capable of bad stuff and happen to be Christian, but does that make all Christians bad? No, just the individual who committed the act, but he was Christian regardless. Just like I'm Canadian. But the media and the ignorant will inevitably focus on facts like he/she being a Christian, a bad one but still a Christian, but again that doesn't make them all bad, just the individual who happens to have a Christian background.

You pretty much got my point. Another example that I would say, would be something very basic like, Video Games and Board Games, they both fall under the Category of Games to me.

I got another one.

You can eat double big macs from McDonalds which will contribute to poorer health, or you can eat your own burgers made by game you personally hunted in the wild which has the potential of adding up to 10 years to your life (that says a lot about the crap we put in fast food). But hey, they are both under the label of burger, simple as that.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

So what can the US government do to prevent future bomb/terrorist attacks?

They can't do anything. They've prevented enough potential attacks and bombings already, and what happened this week is just to show that no one will ever be 100% safe. Every time you walk out the door of your home, you're inviting death to come take you.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 20, 2013, 07:27:17 PM

They can't do anything. They've prevented enough potential attacks and bombings already, and what happened this week is just to show that no one will ever be 100% safe. Every time you walk out the door of your home, you're inviting death to come take you.

I think this sounds a bit paranoid. I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, bombings are still rare. It's not like they're regular occurences. I'd be more concerned about a car hitting me as a pedestrian.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Apr 20, 2013, 07:20:40 PM
I guess no one is talking about this terrible earthquake?

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/20/17830252-quake-kills-more-than-150-injures-about-5500-in-china?lite=

Of course not, it didn't happen in America :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The earthquake from two years ago didn't happen in America neither. I don't like it other tragic news gets overshadow. Those people in china lost over 100 people and thousands of people were hurt.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 20, 2013, 07:43:53 PM

I think this sounds a bit paranoid. I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, bombings are still rare. It's not like they're regular occurences. I'd be more concerned about a car hitting me as a pedestrian.

How does it sound paranoid? I'm saying that there is no way to be 100% safe, and because of that it's impossible to completely prevent another bombing of sorts to happen again, I'm also not saying that bombings are a regular occurence. When you leave your home you ARE prone to death, all bets are off, and you yourself just said that you're worried about a car hitting you every time you leave your home, you're basically saying the same thing.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Dude that's DARK. Brilliant, but dark.  :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 20, 2013, 08:09:02 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 20, 2013, 07:43:53 PM

How does it sound paranoid? I'm saying that there is no way to be 100% safe, and because of that it's impossible to completely prevent another bombing of sorts to happen again, I'm also not saying that bombings are a regular occurence. When you leave your home you ARE prone to death, all bets are off, and you yourself just said that you're worried about a car hitting you every time you leave your home, you're basically saying the same thing.

It sounded as if you were saying bombings are something to fear regularly now.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

>:(

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Just throwing this out there.

Death is natural and it's a risk we face every single day. Modern civilization may shield us from nature's laws, but we can never escape her laws. I mean, why do you think only humans and domesticated animals get so obese? Because wild animals take what they need and burn off the calories with all the activity they must do to survive. We take more than what we need (or less in cases such as nutrient filled foods), and we don't do nearly as much activity because of modern conveniences.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 20, 2013, 03:15:34 PM
Quote from: SM on Apr 20, 2013, 06:52:22 AM
Islamist is simply a term to describe extremist Muslims.

So why not call them the latter only?

Because "Muslim" has become a very loaded word that both Islamists (aka Islamic Fundamentalists, or whatever you want to call them) and Islamophobes want to claim and use for their own ideological purposes. By not using the word "Muslim" at all when you talk about these terrorists you move the focus from Muslims in general to the fundamentalist fanatics instead, whom deserve all the bad rep they can get.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Apr 20, 2013, 08:02:48 PM
The earthquake from two years ago didn't happen in America neither. I don't like it other tragic news gets overshadow. Those people in china lost over 100 people and thousands of people were hurt.

Well that's how the media works unfortunately.

It's so sad that the Sichuan province is in a really bad earthquake zone. People I know who have been there say that it is such a beautiful place and the people there are really friendly. It seems like the authorities are doing the best they can to deal with the situation though this time around.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I know it's a bit strange but considering all the police and gunfire during the boston manhunt... aside from a few innocent people being detained I don't think the authorities harmed a single innocent person. I'm must say that I'm pretty impressed. :)

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed