What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 25,843 times)

The Cruentus

I agree, in fact I would go so far to say its anti fan service since it upturns everything we know and like about the predators.

One scene I did find funny, was when Quinn's estranged wife gave that speech about how good Quinn to encourage the loonies to go with her husband and out of her house. Only for Baxley to say that it sounds like he can look after himself before trying to watch tv.  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 18, 2019, 11:47:19 AM
One scene I did find funny, was when Quinn's estranged wife gave that speech about how good Quinn to encourage the loonies to go with her husband and out of her house. Only for Baxley to say that it sounds like he can look after himself before trying to watch tv.  :laugh:

Yeah, that was funny. The whole Casey waking up in the hotel room scene and when the Fugitive grabbed a hand and gave the soldier driver a thumbs up, both made me laugh too.

Local Trouble

At what point can we just blame toxic fandom and declare that this was actually a good movie?

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 14, 2019, 11:12:32 PM
At what point can we just blame toxic fandom and declare that this was actually a good movie?

Fred already tried and failed. The world just wasn't ready for those kind of lies.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I wonder if Colin Strause ever called members here toxic when he was here. Is the toxic fandom also responsible for AVPR I wonder. Very toxic how members called it AVP Rectum for so long.

Voodoo Magic

Did someone say toxic???

Samhain13

Maybe it should be added to the banned word list. Let's refer to it as the t word from now.

Highland

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 01:13:22 AM
I wonder if Colin Strause ever called members here toxic when he was here. Is the toxic fandom also responsible for AVPR I wonder. Very toxic how members called it AVP Rectum for so long.

No he didn't, cause that word wasn't flavour of the month. He did have a few barney's with Sil though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He and SiL should get together for coffee and reminisce about those days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nq2nXBW_Pc

Samhain13

Samhain13

The two can meet again on the next podcast.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 03:15:31 AM

I would pay to see that.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 15, 2019, 04:06:00 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 03:15:31 AM

I would pay to see that.

After reading that thread, you couldn't pay me enough to see it or hear it.  ;D

Highland

From memory I think Sil bust a nut over the Alien on top of the car with the kids in it. Fair point though. Even they cut it out.

Hang on, did you effect the edit Sil? I think you did.

SiL

Bust a nut implies I thought it was orgasmic  ???

I had no influence on anything. I did rile them up enough to act like teenagers themselves.

Colin called obnoxious fans pricks, and looking back on those threads - yeah, I was a prick. I stand by the resentment I had, not the way I voiced it.

I'd love to connect to the AvPR guys again, apologise, and talk filmmaking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed