Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,470 times)

SM

SM

Always found it somewhat ironic that LA Confidential's two leads were Australians (neither of whom were actually born in Australia).  ;D

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Pn2501 on Mar 03, 2012, 11:56:28 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 03, 2012, 11:43:53 PM
His accent, tone and delivery are all f**king flawless.

this

Quote from: x2SMONEY on Mar 03, 2012, 11:34:56 PM

Anywho Pearce's accent is incredible in the video. It shows class yet powerful superiority. Hard to believe he's sctually Australain with all the different accents he does in movies. The only one who surpasses him at this in my mind is Gary Oldman...

and this.

Plus his accent isn't purely derived from being English (born in mumbai and an international business man) so the critique that his accent is off, is invalid, and barely noticeable anyway.

There is nothing wrong with his accent. I just don't get that at all. Watch Crowe in Robin Hood. That's a dodgy accent.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

this

Anywho Pearce's accent is incredible in the video. It shows class yet powerful superiority. Hard to believe he's sctually Australain with all the different accents he does in movies. The only one who surpasses him at this in my mind is Gary Oldman...

and this.

Plus his accent isn't purely derived from being English (born in mumbai and an international business man) so the critique that his accent is off, is invalid, and barely noticeable anyway.
Yeah. It seems unique to the character. I just hope he gets more scenes in the movie.

Quote from: SM on Mar 03, 2012, 11:57:14 PM
Always found it somewhat ironic that LA Confidential's two leads were Australians (neither of whom were actually born in Australia).  ;D
One of my top 25 favorite movies  ;D

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 04, 2012, 12:00:26 AM

this

and this.

There is nothing wrong with his accent. I just don't get that at all. Watch Crowe in Robin Hood. That's a dodgy accent.

As I've already said; the people who were moaning about the accent aren't even English themselves and as such they're clueless as to what an English person actually sounds like.  These people are the sort of numpties who think that the appalling "English" accents put on by dodgy American actors in shitty US sitcoms is the real deal.

They're ignorant; ignore them.  ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 01:19:58 AM
As I've already said; the people who were moaning about the accent aren't even English themselves and as such they're clueless as to what an English person actually sounds like.  These people are the sort of numpties who think that the appalling "English" accents put on by dodgy American actors in shitty US sitcoms is the real deal.

::) My partner is English. I've lived in England. And for the record, when my partner also saw the vid, he thought Pearce's accent was hilariously bad.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 04, 2012, 01:35:23 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 01:19:58 AM

::) My partner is English. I've lived in England. And for the record, when my partner also saw the vid, he thought Pearce's accent was hilariously bad.

You failed to mention that your partner's deaf!  ::)

From the sounds of it, your partner no longer resides in England and you yourself are not English.  Whereas, I've lived in England for all of my life so I think that my ear is a little bit better attuned then your partners and certainly your own!  On top of that, Peter Weyland was born in Mumbai, so any perceived discrepancies can be overlooked, yes?  Quit looking for problems where there are none. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 01:45:44 AM
If he were, I'm sure he'd still notice, considering Pearce's accent and entire performance are so hammy, forced and OTT that you could pick it up just by lip reading.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

It doesn't matter. When Meryl Streep put on an Australian accent for A Cry In The Dark my friends who LIVE IN Australia had conflicting opinions. Some thought she was spot on, others thought her accent was laughable.

What's the whole point with this discussion anyway?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 04, 2012, 01:49:21 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 01:45:44 AM
If he were, I'm sure he'd still notice, considering Pearce's accent and entire performance are so hammy, forced and OTT that you could pick it up just by lip reading.

There's not a chance that you're actually going to enjoy 'Prometheus', so I don't know why you'd even bother.  I don't know, maybe you'll find amusement with your partner, slagging off perfectly respectful performances.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 04, 2012, 01:52:10 AMWhat's the whole point with this discussion anyway?

In that case, what's the point with any discussion about a film we've yet to see?

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I meant the discussion about Pearce's accent. It doesn't seem to serve a purpose. Conjecture about the actual film is one thing.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 01:52:46 AM
There's not a chance that you're actually going to enjoy 'Prometheus', so I don't know why you'd even bother.  I don't know, maybe you'll find amusement with your partner, slagging off perfectly respectful performances.
Actually, I don't know who is more hammy and OTT--Guy Pearce or you. ::)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 04, 2012, 01:54:57 AM
I meant the discussion about Pearce's accent. It doesn't seem to serve a purpose. Conjecture about the actual film is one thing.

Nope, it's all relative.  One man's words are worthless to some and interesting to others.  Besides, surely discussing the first performance we've seen from an actor involved with 'Prometheus' is a worthwhile topic of discussion.  You know, because I generally view acting as an integral part of film.

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 04, 2012, 01:55:58 AM

Uh-huh, and I don't know who's more critical; you or Gordon Ramsay!

I suppose now you're going to tell me that Chef Ramsay's English accent is phony sounding!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 01:58:19 AM

Uh-huh, and I don't know who's more critical and melodramatic; you or Gordon Ramsay!
Better to be critical where it's deserved than to just be a blinkered fanboy who's too blinded by excitement and expectation to actually bother casting a critical eye toward anything. ;)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 04, 2012, 02:05:01 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 01:58:19 AM

Uh-huh, and I don't know who's more critical and melodramatic; you or Gordon Ramsay!
Better to be critical where it's deserved than to just be a blinkered fanboy who's too blinded by excitement and expectation to actually bother casting a critical eye toward anything. ;)

Oh please, what a ridiculous statement!  Oh yeah, I'm such a fanboy.  That would explain why I despise 'Alien: Resurrection', both 'AVP' movies and am somewhat resentful towards 'Aliens'.  Yep, I'm not in the least bit critical.  Give me a break!

I'm not expecting the second coming with 'Prometheus'.  In fact, I'm approaching it with a certain amount of caution.  There are potential plot elements which I find to be disconcerting.  I am excited to see the film but I'm well aware that it may not live up to expectations.

So, is there anything else that I'm innocent of, that you'd care to accuse me of?  Or do you think you should leave it at "blinkered fanboy", hmm?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 02:08:17 AM
So, is there anything else that I'm innocent of, that you'd care to accuse me of?
Well, certainly nothing as dumb as "There's not a chance that you're actually going to enjoy 'Prometheus', so I don't know why you'd even bother." ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed