Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,508 times)

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

im honestly scratching my head in wonder at this thread!.

the negatively is a bit strange and also people's obsession with the avp canon or not canon seems even stranger.

i think the viral vid is excellent, i think it was a good idea, a nice change and i also think guy pearce nailed it, his accent is fine and he portrays an arrogant egotistical megalomaniac brilliantly in my opinion...

as to the avp canon/not canon malarky! who cares?! . i just want prometheus to be a great movie, i honestly dont give a flying f*** if it goes against avp or sticks with what was established because no matter what happens those films are here to stay wether we like them or not, they aren't going to magically disappear from history or anyones minds just because prometheus has changed a character and lets face it, most the films messed with each others canon and created plot holes because of it.

simple, if in your own mind you want avp as your canon or not as your canon then you are perfectly within your rights to make your own choice, complaining and trying to convince others is a completely futile quest.

now hopefully we get a fantastic movie, i for one am very happy with guy pearces performance and was hoping him or fassbender would be chosen for the next robocop but looks like that hope has been dashed.

thanks

rich

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Mar 01, 2012, 09:58:18 PM
i wonder if guy pearce gets more screen time in the ad than the actual movie

i hope so, i personally think hes a great actor. strange thing is, i used to watch neighbours when i was a kid and couldn't stand him in that! lol. but in his film roles i think hes been brilliant and im looking forward to lockout with him in, i dont get why he keeps getting such small roles to be honest as i think hes worthy of much bigger things.

thanks

rich

SHREK

SHREK

So the mystery behind the space jockeys being a strange alien race for all these years...turns out to be a dude in a suit and humans think theyre gods. great... there goes any of the mystery that was left in the alien films. oh well

Never say no to Panda!

Watch the movie before crying  ::)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SHREK on Mar 01, 2012, 10:25:13 PM
So the mystery behind the space jockeys being a strange alien race for all these years...turns out to be a dude in a suit and humans think theyre gods. great... there goes any of the mystery that was left in the alien films. oh well
If you want to preserve the mystery then don't see the film. You're not being forced into anything.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I believe that this kind of viral campaign is unprecedented, from the caliber of actor they've hired for the piece/s to its exectution. We've all witnessed many many viral campaigns from studios, but I've yet to experience something like this, so grand in scope. It's a game changer, and it's gonna be remembered. The web was abuzz with the TEDTalk when this thing dropped. My excitement for Prometheus couldn't even be plausibly measured at the moment, it's so big.

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 29, 2012, 12:44:56 AM
As intriguing as this Guy Pearce 'Peter Weyland' viral publicity footage was -

I'm pretty sure that most of you will wake up tomorrow morning and in the cold light of day realise what a hokey piece of internet sh!t it truly was.

I hope to Christ that the actual movie has more dignity than this.

I take it all back - the Peter Weyland viral video is utter genius.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I swear to god the next person who brings up AvP in this thread will be banned from posting for a week. I'm not joking.

I love the TED metadata on Peter Weyland:

Peter Weyland has been a magnet for controversy since he announced his intent to build the first convincingly humanoid robotic system by the end of the decade. Whether challenging the ethical boundaries of medicine with nanotechnology or going toe to toe with the Vatican itself on the issue of gene-therapy sterilization, Sir Peter prides himself on his motto, "If we can, we must." After a three year media blackout, Weyland has finally emerged to reveal where he's heading next.
Wherever that may be, we will most certainly want to follow.

What was the reason for the 3 year media blackout I wonder? Has he 'discovered' something new??

Stay tuned for the next episode!

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 01, 2012, 11:28:13 PM

Peter Weyland has been a magnet for controversy since he announced his intent to build the first convincingly humanoid robotic system by the end of the decade. Whether challenging the ethical boundaries of medicine with nanotechnology or going toe to toe with the Vatican itself on the issue of gene-therapy sterilization, Sir Peter prides himself on his motto, "If we can, we must." After a three year media blackout, Weyland has finally emerged to reveal where he's heading next.

What was the reason for the 3 year media blackout I wonder? Has he 'discovered' something new??

hmm, is there some significance with all these number 3s?. hes supposedly aged 23, makes speach in in the 3rd month of 2023 after a 3 year blackout?. probably all meaningless coincidence but strange nonetheless...

thanks

rich

predxeno

predxeno

I was thinking; how do we know Peter Weyland actually makes an appearance in Prometheus during year 2073?  What if we just see him on a TV as the 2023 "founder" of Weyland Megacorporation or is it Weyland Corporation now?

bioweapon

bioweapon

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 01, 2012, 11:22:11 PM
I swear to god the next person who brings up AvP in this thread will be banned from posting for a week. I'm not joking.

id say banned until movie screening.  :laugh: just joking

this TED talk is longer. I mean Pete say nothing new! and gather all this people for this is nonsense. TED talks are for introduce something.

I like how people unrelated to the movies coments this "futuristic" TED. thats how viral ads works better.

I watch again the video, with headphones and in HD and is not so bad as first impression (it was at work with some loud and daylight).

bad, but not so bad as first impression.  8)

SM

SM

I agree.  I thought it's conflict with AvP was a natural part of the discussion.

Vulhala

Vulhala

In the AvP board, yes. Not here. We've already had complaints about this board being destroyed with canon arguments.

Master

Master

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 02, 2012, 12:27:05 AM
In the AvP board, yes. Not here. We've already had complaints about this board being destroyed with canon arguments.

But it belongs as much here as in AvP board cause it refferes to both subjects. And please don`t remove my post cause whole point is lost that way, and I don`t think it was insulting or inappropriate.

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Mar 01, 2012, 11:36:39 PM
Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 01, 2012, 11:28:13 PM

hmm, is there some significance with all these number 3s?. hes supposedly aged 23, makes speach in in the 3rd month of 2023 after a 3 year blackout?. probably all meaningless coincidence but strange nonetheless...

thanks

rich

Its one of Lindelof's famous numbers from Lost:

4  8  15  16  23  42

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed