The Evil Dead Thread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 12, 2011, 02:45:42 PM

Author
The Evil Dead Thread (Read 121,696 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Sébastien Vaniček Tapped To Helm 'Evil Dead' Spin-Off As He Signs With CAA

QuoteEXCLUSIVE: After signing rising filmmaker Sébastien Vaniček, CAA has helmed him win a coveted assignment, as the co-writer and director of a new spin-off of the Evil Dead franchise for Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert's Ghost House Pictures.

Details as to the film's plot are under wraps. The Evil Dead is of course the horror comedy franchise created by Raimi, going back to 1981's same-name film starring Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams, a combatant of various supernatural entities. That pic grew into a trilogy, also spurring the creation of Starz TV series Ash vs. Evil Dead and a number of other projects over the years. The most recent, standalone film Evil Dead Rise from writer-director Lee Cronin, grossed more than $147M worldwide last year when it hit theaters via Warner Bros, after world premiering at SXSW.

Vaniček made his feature directorial debut last year with Infested (Vermines), a horror pic first introduced as part of the Critics' Week sidebar at the Venice Film Festival. Watching as the residents of a rundown French apartment building battle against an army of deadly, rapidly reproducing spiders, the film won Best Picture and Best Director in its North American premiere at Fantastic Fest, and was also invited to the Sitges Film Festival, where it earned a nomination for Best Motion Picture and won a Special Jury Prize.

Other credits for Vaniček include the shorts Crocs, Mayday, and 299 792 458 M/S. He continues to be represented by Carla Zeller and Elsa Huisman at Studio 112, the French management company that works with top European artists including directors' collective La Horde, contemporary artist Claire Tabouret, and Les Misérables helmer Ladj Ly.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/evil-dead-spin-off-sebastien-vanicek-caa-1235815331/

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/1754592373815001191

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

New 'Evil Dead' Filmmaker Sébastien Vaniček Teases His Vision: "A Nasty Film... a Film That Hurts"

QuoteThe Evil Dead franchise will return with a brand new untitled spinoff movie, we learned earlier this week, and French filmmaker Sébastien Vaniček (Infested) is on board to direct.

We don't know much of anything about this sixth installment in the Evil Dead film franchise at this time, but the website Konbini did manage to get some quotes from Vaniček.

For starters, it sounds like his take on The Evil Dead will be an experience in grueling terror, which has become a guarantee from the film franchise dating back to the beginning. The 2013 remake and last year's Evil Dead Rise, in particular, have doubled down on this approach.

"I told the studio that I wanted to make a nasty film, a film that hurts, from which you come away tested," Vaniček tells the outlet, suggesting he's the right man for the job. "I'm going to put all the horror I have inside, it will be cathartic, and if I haven't ruined my career and I can continue to make films behind it, I will move on to something other than horror!"

When can you expect this next installment in the bloody saga?

Vaniček notes in the same interview, "If all goes well, we could start filming at the end of 2024-beginning of 2025, for a release that I hope for Halloween 2025."

He also mentions that Sam Raimi and company are giving him "100% creative freedom" to play in the Evil Dead sandbox, and that he aims for his film to have a "French twist."

Stay tuned for more on the upcoming sixth Evil Dead movie as we learn it.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3799163/new-evil-dead-filmmaker-sebastien-vanicek-teases-his-vision-a-nasty-film-a-film-that-hurts/

Immortan Jonesy

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I happen to know Sebastien Vanicek, we were in school together. Cool guy, very passionate. We also did a few boxing classes together. I'm glad he found success and is now heading towards bigger projects.

I still have to watch his latest movie Vermines, I haven't heard anything but good things about it.

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1783887241385017811

This is in addition to the one that was announced a few months back.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 05:40:01 PMhttps://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1783887241385017811

This is in addition to the one that was announced a few months back.

Well spotted! I initially presumed this was the new 'spin-off' movie that was in the works - I hadn't noticed it was a different director! We are getting spoiled with two new Evil Dead movies on the way! :-D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed