WHERE IS NEWT?

Started by CainsSon, Mar 02, 2015, 10:29:06 PM

Author
WHERE IS NEWT? (Read 5,789 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Whether we all agree on the clarity of Neil Blomkamp's dialogue regarding 3 and 4, it is abundantly clear that this film will take place after Aliens and possibly before A3, if you want it to....

But all of this raises the question:

WHERE IS NEWT?

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Its going to ignore alien 3 . Depends how long after Aliens it is .

Adam802

Adam802

She's DEAD, ok? Can I go now!?

lol but seriously, Id like to think that after ALIENS (in the "new timeline") she went on to live a normal life and didnt have to be involved anymore. 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Patience, Grasshopper... Time will tell.

PsyKore

PsyKore

It would be so much easier to just have the film set decades later, then Newt would be grown up. I can't see Fox dishing out the money it would need to cgi a Newt. Although, they could probably get a different kid, but then that would seem jarring. I dunno.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

An interesting twist would be to make her become a victim of her past and become evil, either becoming a Wren-like character, obsessed with controlling the Alien, or losing it completely and becoming some lunatic that stalks and murders people in an Alien-like style (using the tactics that she used to survive on LV-426).

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 02, 2015, 10:39:42 PM
An interesting twist would be to make her become a victim of her past and become evil, either becoming a Wren-like character, obsessed with controlling the Alien, or losing it completely and becoming some lunatic that stalks and murders people in an Alien-like style (using the tactics that she used to survive on LV-426).

Unless she is in Cryo, and this takes place as soon as they wake-up - which would be 'like the first two' I would expect Newt to have something to do with the story. Perhaps the Company has her and the whole story is about Ripley and Hick's vigilante mission, retrieving her from the Death-Star, I mean W-Y Headquarters.

Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 02, 2015, 10:38:34 PM
It would be so much easier to just have the film set decades later, then Newt would be grown up. I can't see Fox dishing out the money it would need to cgi a Newt. Although, they could probably get a different kid, but then that would seem jarring. I dunno.

I somehow doubt that after Aliens, they would just be like "And she lived happily ever after"

Which, mind you, is what I always hated about the final scene in Aliens. The 'and they happily ever after' vibe.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 02, 2015, 10:44:40 PM

I somehow doubt that after Aliens, they would just be like "And she lived happily ever after"

Which, mind you, is what I always hated about the final scene in Aliens. The 'and they happily ever after' vibe.

I wasn't really proposing that idea of being happily ever after (I'm not keen on that either). I was just saying it would be easier to set the film decades later. She would be a tortured character after what she's been through, I would think.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Even if Newt's not in the new film, I'd hope it was made clear she survived. I was bummed that Hicks "died" in "Alien 3" but not as much as I was about Newt. She deserved to survive more than any of them after what she went through imo...

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 02, 2015, 11:39:02 PM
Even if Newt's not in the new film, I'd hope it was made clear she survived. I was bummed that Hicks "died" in "Alien 3" but not as much as I was about Newt. She deserved to survive more than any of them after what she went through imo...

Not to mention how unpleasant her death was:

Sleep all the way home, my ass.

Oh, and I don't want Newt to be rescued or a victim anymore.  She needs to be just as tough as Ripley and Hicks:

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

It would be so much easier to just have the film set decades later, then Newt would be grown up.

This is exactly what I expect, if the film is indeed a retcon. The film will pick up 30 years later to account for the age of the actors.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 02, 2015, 11:45:48 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 02, 2015, 11:39:02 PM

Not to mention how unpleasant her death was:

Sleep all the way home, my ass.

Oh, and I don't want Newt to be rescued or a victim anymore.  She needs to be just as tough as Ripley and Hicks:

I want her to be strong but not like that second image you posted. I think that would be too cheesy and cliche honestly. I'd rather see her as an intelligent type or something. Maybe a doctor.

Of course, if she's grown up. I think she will be if she's in the movie at all.

richardatwood76

richardatwood76

Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 02, 2015, 10:35:31 PM
She's DEAD, ok? Can I go now!?

lol but seriously, Id like to think that after ALIENS (in the "new timeline") she went on to live a normal life and didnt have to be involved anymore.

I almost spit my food everywhere LOL  :D

There is such an open area of time he is playing with..... I am eager to see exactly where in the timeline this one is placed. I almost kinda would like a re-boot of 2 instead of an alternate timeline come into play.

MCP

MCP

I'll bet anything, that they'll recast Newt with a teenage/twenty-something actress that's popular right now, and she will become the new Ripley.

Just watch and see.

Ash 937

Ash 937

If I had to choose, I'd rather see Bishop return than Newt.  Where is Lance Henriksen in all of this retcon talk???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed