Fixes for Aliens: Colonials Marines PC, including mouse smoothing, intro videos

Started by Andytizer, Feb 12, 2013, 08:10:18 AM

Author
Fixes for Aliens: Colonials Marines PC, including mouse smoothing, intro videos (Read 699 times)

Andytizer

Full list of fixes available here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines - if you discover a new fix, please add it in, no account required.

EvilPraetorian

I've been using an "injector" in a wide variety of games recently such as with AVP 2010 / Arma II / BF3 / Crysis 2 / Crysis 1 etc.

It's called SMAA Injector,  You guys may have heard of this but on the flip-side,  Many of you may NOT have heard of this.

You can grab it here:
http://mrhaandi.blogspot.co.uk/p/injectsmaa.html

QuoteDescription
*adds "Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing" to an application
*is based on "injectFXAA" (written by "some dude")
*is supposed to work only with directx 9, directx 10, directx 11, x86 applications
*may be incompatible with any other form of antialiasing
*may be incompatible with overlays (Steam Overlay, MSI Afterburner, Fraps, ...)
*SMAA is a very efficient GPU-based MLAA implementation, capable of handling subpixel features seamlessly, and featuring an advanced pattern detection & handling mechanism.

How to use it?

1.  Download the 7zip archive and extract the archive to a folder.
2. Copy the files inside to your chosen game directory  ( in this case : Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens Colonial Marines )
3. Launch A:CM and go into graphics options and disable FXAA
4. Play the game with no Aliasing at all.

I can't do comparison screenshots at the moment until I've had my collectors edition delivered so if anybody would like to chip in with a screenshot of the game without SMAA injector installed and then another with it installed please do so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed