‘Then Some Other Bullshit Happens’ – Walter Hill and David Giler’s Alien 2 Storynotes

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 23, 2020, 05:19:45 PM

Author
‘Then Some Other Bullshit Happens’ – Walter Hill and David Giler’s Alien 2 Storynotes (Read 4,772 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The documentaries on the Quadrilogy/Anthology. Specifically the Alien one, The Beast Within.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 08, 2020, 03:19:17 PM
The documentaries on the Quadrilogy/Anthology. Specifically the Alien one, The Beast Within.

Aaaaah CdL = Charles DeLauzaurika! The Beast Within is my all time favourite making of doc.

Kradan

Whiskeybrewer

Stitch

Quote from: T Dog on Nov 08, 2020, 05:24:18 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 08, 2020, 03:19:17 PM

Aaaaah CdL = Charles DeLauzaurika! The Beast Within is my all time favourite making of doc.
Holy crap. Never realised the acronym til now! Thanks!  :laugh:

bb-15

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 23, 2020, 05:21:04 PM
While James Cameron's Aliens had a fairly straight forward narrative development, with the details from his treatment to finished script remaining largely consistent – with some interesting could-have-beens – the storynotes that Walter Hill and David Giler had handed the writer/director were a fair bit different!...

And video version :)

A nice read. Well done.
How the major Hollywood studio system works in getting films produced is interesting in terms of the Alien franchise.
The topic of how the studios work for any film can be interesting to some movie nerds (like me)  :laugh:

There is a natural conflict between the writer, the producer and the film studio executives.
A movie which describes this is "The Player"; from 1992 starring Tim Robbins.
https://www.amazon.com/Player-Tim-Robbins/dp/B01FYN1ZUG

PS. Because you embedded a YouTube video in your comment, I was able to find the AVPGalaxy YouTube channel.
I subscribed.

;)

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed