AVPR- LIGHTING

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Dec 29, 2018, 01:22:56 AM

Author
AVPR- LIGHTING (Read 20,202 times)

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Oct 31, 2020, 01:48:14 PM
The problem is that the AvP films treat Aliens on earth as easily solvable, thus undermining Ripley's fear of what would happen if they did get to the planet. According to AvP films, the answer to "what would happen if just one of them got to earth" is "not much".

It's not any more or less solvable than was portrayed in the four Alien films (at least you could admit as much), and they were only exterminated because the hives in each of the two films were in their early stages and limited to a small location and both were taken out by a nuclear explosion before they had grown beyond the point of no return, but each time they were lucky to have the circumstances in their favor and they dealt with the problem just in time (just like in the four Alien films). It's never guaranteed victory for the humans, and just one of them successfully reaching Earth could still very much spell doom for life on the planet. I mean look at your logic here, you're essentially arguing that (1) because we successfully eliminated them at just the right time in the past (2) therefore we have guaranteed victory if they return. Any sane person would recognize that (given what we learned they could do in a short amount of time during the infestations of Antarctica and Gunnison in 2004) Earth is still under threat as long as they are out there, and that especially when the majority of Earth's population have no idea that these creatures even exist. Do you see how silly your complaint is here?

SiL

SiL

Ripley's point was that it would be doom if "just one" of them got to earth. The AvP films show substantially more than that on the planet twice, and the problem still being solved both times.

Basically the AvP films show there's no overall threat to earth, just shit little towns.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have no idea why its so hard to understand lol.

Aliens being on earth means that if just one of those things gets down here then it won't be all and we don't actually have to kiss all that important bullshit goodbye. :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Actually, I always wondered if one singular Alien actually got to Earth would it be able to conquer the planet ? Wouldn't it be just shot by someone at the spaceport ? I mean, of course it would kill bunch of people but planet-scale Armaggedon ? Idk about that

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Oct 31, 2020, 02:44:19 PM
Ripley's point was that it would be doom if "just one" of them got to earth. The AvP films show substantially more than that on the planet twice, and the problem still being solved both times.

Basically the AvP films show there's no overall threat to earth, just shit little towns.

You're being ridiculous. Read my last reply again.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 31, 2020, 03:54:27 PM

Does that suddenly mean you shouldn't protect Earth anymore? Did we not learn what could happen when the Xenomorphs did escape to the surface in 2004? Should we just risk letting things go full on Aliens: Earth War just because we defeated them once? Have we not even learned anything from the ending of Aliens: Earth War for that matter? Is this the attitude we should have whenever we overcome a threat that may return? :o

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 31, 2020, 04:20:23 PM
I have no idea why its so hard to understand lol.

Aliens being on earth means that if just one of those things gets down here then it won't be all and we don't actually have to kiss all that important bullshit goodbye. :laugh:

Unless we just kill it off like Ripley did with relative ease four times. It will only be a considerable and irreversible problem if the Xenomorph is somehow allowed to procreate and spread its infestation beyond the point of no return, something which almost happened in 2004 (and which definitely happened in the Earth War storyline). I mean people here are really arguing that "Ripley didn't want the Aliens to land on Earth" rather than arguing that "Ripley wanted to save Earth from Aliens" and so they're arguably not thinking straight here.

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 31, 2020, 05:38:05 PM
Actually, I always wondered if one singular Alien actually got to Earth would it be able to conquer the planet ? Wouldn't it be just shot by someone at the spaceport ? I mean, of course it would kill bunch of people but planet-scale Armaggedon ? Idk about that

Agreed, one or two Xenomorphs won't be difficult to handle unless they are allowed to procreate to a considerable degree.

SM

SM

You seem upset.

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2020, 09:02:54 PM
You seem upset.

More annoyed and baffled.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's ironic.

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 02, 2019, 11:23:36 AM
Because the point was, if it gets to Earth we're f**ked.

AVP and AVPR especially,
undercut that fear by saying;

"Nah it's fine, they've been on Earth for hundreds of years- at least."

Undercutting the fear? I mean not really....like the Queen was in suspended animation, so of course it wouldn't be a active threat. However it should be killed either way to ever prevent a possible infestation.

I would like to point out though, the movies had shown that the areas it took place were isolated from any mega large civilized areas, hence why the infestation didn't spread out so quickly and even look how quickly the town and the expedition fell in over hours. Had it been a city, shit would have hit the fan so much quicker. Both times, the infestation had to be nuked in order to be stopped, and those infestations were small in scale. I would imagine in a large city like LA or New York, among the chaos and confusion, the alien population would explode and soon spread out to other areas and start infestations there as well. Meanwhile, LA or NY would be nuked and no one would know if there were any other aliens out there until reports of other areas indicate xeno activity.

Its rather sheer extreme luck that both infestations were isolated and far from large metropolis areas. I mean the panic, chaos, and disbelief of it all will favor the xenos. If people don't wear the mask for the sake of health risk of corona, what makes you think that this kind of behavior will be any better in dealing with xenos?

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 03, 2020, 01:13:26 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 02, 2019, 11:23:36 AM
Because the point was, if it gets to Earth we're f**ked.

AVP and AVPR especially,
undercut that fear by saying;

"Nah it's fine, they've been on Earth for hundreds of years- at least."

Undercutting the fear? I mean not really....like the Queen was in suspended animation, so of course it wouldn't be a active threat. However it should be killed either way to ever prevent a possible infestation.

I would like to point out though, the movies had shown that the areas it took place were isolated from any mega large civilized areas, hence why the infestation didn't spread out so quickly and even look how quickly the town and the expedition fell in over hours. Had it been a city, shit would have hit the fan so much quicker. Both times, the infestation had to be nuked in order to be stopped, and those infestations were small in scale. I would imagine in a large city like LA or New York, among the chaos and confusion, the alien population would explode and soon spread out to other areas and start infestations there as well. Meanwhile, LA or NY would be nuked and no one would know if there were any other aliens out there until reports of other areas indicate xeno activity.

Its rather sheer extreme luck that both infestations were isolated and far from large metropolis areas. I mean the panic, chaos, and disbelief of it all will favor the xenos. If people don't wear the mask for the sake of health risk of corona, what makes you think that this kind of behavior will be any better in dealing with xenos?

Thank you!

SiL

SiL

Undercutting the fear? I mean not really....like the Queen was in suspended animation, so of course it wouldn't be a active threat.
The thousands of Aliens overrunning ancient temples, though. They'd all just race to the three Predators at the top? Pfft.

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2020, 09:58:29 AM
Undercutting the fear? I mean not really....like the Queen was in suspended animation, so of course it wouldn't be a active threat.
The thousands of Aliens overrunning ancient temples, though. They'd all just race to the three Predators at the top? Pfft.

Why would they not? They're a threat to the hive and apparently very skilled hunters killing Xenos left and right.

SiL

SiL

They're not that skilled if they let the Aliens overrun the entire city like that. How do you f**k up so badly that you let seven Aliens turn into over a thousand?

The only way for that scenario to happen would be if they just took their guns and like ... walked right back out of the temple or something for a few days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed