Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 194,791 times)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 24, 2015, 03:22:41 AMThen again i've never been a fan of the idea of a human being joining up with the predators in any of the expanded media. That just seems incredibly stupid. That's like Bambi joining up with Charleston Heston's character from "Alaska."

A show of respect for being worthy prey ala Predator 2 is fine. A sense of fair play like the way Classic worked with Royce in exchange for freedom is fine. Anything beyond that just pushes the whole thing into farce for me, though.

AvP Duel has one of the most believable team-ups. Purely an alliance of convenience with a bit of respect at the end

The team-up in AvP Prey is decent...Broken Tusk is a wiser, older predator and the cooperation between him and Machiko is mainly based on survival

...what's silly is when the Yautja induct Machiko into the clan. The idea of a human female surviving the Yautja lifestyle is presposterous

Mister Skeezler

I always thought it might be cool for a Predator to use humans the way Tracker uses the hounds. Kind of like human hunters on leashes, stripped of their humanity and turned into bloodthirsty savages.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2015, 06:00:16 PM
That`s opinion. Most of the time  it feels like big budget Predator homage. But that`s not my biggest problem. It dosen`t really use things that could make it it`s won movie. We are on alien planet. Why dosen`t it look more like alien jungle? Why there are no strange alien creatures all fans always wanted to see? New things like falcon are bearly used. We have Noland how coud give us more info about predators. But insted he is a gimmick character, that dies in riddiculous way. Predators has chances but dosen`t really use them.
I don't disagree with this, and the movie isn't without its flaws, I just see a lot of people bring up complaints about 'Predators' that don't hold up to much scrutiny past a superficial level.

Quote from: happypred on Feb 24, 2015, 10:04:26 AM
...what's silly is when the Yautja induct Machiko into the clan. The idea of a human female surviving the Yautja lifestyle is presposterous
To be fair the subsequent comics agree with you completely, which is why she leaves the Predators after like a year. :P

JPredator

JPredator

Am i the only one who would like to see a predator movie set in the future perhaps away from earth?

i would also like to them expand the mythos by incorporating other alien species being hunted by the predator. make good on the premise shown in predator 2's ending with the skull display.

such potential....but what are we going to get? most prob a carbon copy of predator complete with 'homage' after homage.

Russ

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Is Shane Black still making a new Predator movie? I haven't heard of any updates on the subject for like half a year now.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

He's busy making The Nice Guys at the moment, so we won't hear anything at least until he's done with that.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 27, 2015, 02:08:06 PM
He's busy making The Nice Guys at the moment, so we won't hear anything at least until he's done with that.

He also has the Doc Savage movie to do as well.

Russ

Russ

Do you think P3 will take priority now that A5 is (probably) on the way.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I don't see why it would. They're both Fox franchises, it's not like they would be good competition for each other.

Russ

Russ

Good point - I was thinking of the "striking while the iron is hot" thing. I wonder if the Predator franchise (along with Alien) would be more profitable than Doc Savage (I have to say this is a character that never resonated with me personally - I don't know a lot about him), so my thought was Fox saying "we should do this now while its in the zietgeist - The Doc ain't going anywhere, after all).

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 28, 2015, 12:25:52 AM
I don't see why it would. They're both Fox franchises, it's not like they would be good competition for each other.
alternating releasedates however...

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't think this movie will be out until 2017. It been nearly five years since Predators and people are still into the franchise. Heck a lot of people are hype up for Predator in MKX. It's not like this franchise died out and went off the radar.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 22, 2015, 02:36:46 AM
I don't think this movie will be out by 2017.

No. Me either. They're still working on The Nice Guys for release next year.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I'm not expecting this any time soon, Black is a busy man right now.

But I'm really looking forward to what he will do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed