[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 98,947 times)

BlueMarsalis79

It is in an embarrassing place right now.

Drukathi

Quote from: TomT on Apr 16, 2021, 03:03:33 PM
To be fair, Disney managed to make prequels look good in comparison with their movies.

Exactly. Although I've always liked the prequels. Sequels were just meh (TLJ is actually the best, if cut forced humor), but The Rise of Skywalker destroyed them to the base. And I'm glad that on their background public opinion about the prequels has grown.

The same will be with Skulls - they will make The Predator just a best film in comparison.

SiL

Did Lucasfilm suddenly get control of Predator...?

Master

Quote from: TomT on Apr 16, 2021, 03:03:33 PM
Quote from: Master on Apr 16, 2021, 08:46:33 AMJust look at George Lucas!!!... No, wait a minute...
To be fair, Disney managed to make prequels look good in comparison with their movies.

I was thinking more about Lucas willingly selling his rights to Disney, but hell you are right anyway.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2021, 12:48:32 PM
Quote from: Master on Apr 16, 2021, 08:46:33 AM
That sounds good, almost too good to be truth. Thomas Brothers should win with this one and win big for all the justice in the world. I`m all for the original creators to have rights to their creation. Just look at George Lucas!!!... No, wait a minute...

Just wait until Ridley Scott gets his hands on Alien again! No, wait a minute....

Well, just wait until James Cameron gets his hands on Terminator again! Then you'll be... No, wait a minute...

;D

I love all those guys, and unabashedly love the Thomas Brothers even more, but something sweet inside these creatives can definitely sour over time, that's for certain. That's the risk.

Now, you tell me the Thomas brothers have unproduced Predator scripts decades old, maybe a full unrealized Predator 3 period-piece script featuring that beloved flintlock on the shelf, perhaps written in 1990 or 1991?  Then yes please! By all means! Make that!

It is relevant to note that when the Thomas brothers teased the ending of Predator 2 in 1990 interviews as possibly setting up a third film, they did say that they were (among others) offered a chance to direct Predator 3. So who knows how far they got scriptwise in relation to that potential offer.

You are right too Sir.

ace3g

More hints that Kyle Strauts might be in Skulls, he commented on Trachtenberg's IG post.

andrea

or Predators on horses..watch out! lol

ace3g

DL

Predators should ALWAYS, be over 7 feet tall! #nomicropredators

DeYanko

What's with the small predator casting? Where are the 7 footers?

Mr.Turok

I get where they are coming from, the last two actors who portrayed Fugitive and the Emissary Predators are around 6'9. Close but it isn't at the nice 7ft or 7ft+ that really delivers the presence these Predators do on screen. I'm more concerned with the portrayal in this film as the last film didn't make them really all that menacing and imposing like the first two films did. It was too much running away from big scary monster instead of the long burn tension and action of the past films. Even Predators managed to keep some of that feeling alive in its course.

Immortan Jonesy

I'm the only one who doesn't think the temporary title so bad. Skull sounds creepy, and I imagine it hints at trophies.

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 18, 2021, 07:54:10 PM
I get where they are coming from, the last two actors who portrayed Fugitive and the Emissary Predators are around 6'9. Close but it isn't at the nice 7ft or 7ft+ that really delivers the presence these Predators do on screen. I'm more concerned with the portrayal in this film as the last film didn't make them really all that menacing and imposing like the first two films did. It was too much running away from big scary monster instead of the long burn tension and action of the past films. Even Predators managed to keep some of that feeling alive in its course.

Yes, they don't look so threatening here. In my case, the rampage in the lab looked like an angry consplayer wearing an expensive costume, but not a real alien creature. At least for me.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: andrea on Apr 18, 2021, 02:29:00 AM

I actually would love to see Predators horseback. Maybe their own steeds they brought with them. Wasn't there a sweet Prime1 statue of something like that?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 19, 2021, 04:45:42 AM
I'm the only one who doesn't think the temporary title so bad. Skull sounds creepy, and I imagine it hints at trophies.

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 18, 2021, 07:54:10 PM

Yes, they don't look so threatening here. In my case, the rampage in the lab looked like an angry consplayer wearing an expensive costume, but not a real alien creature. At least for me.

Yes ! Thank you ! I've been saying that since the beginning ! And for the title too !

Voodoo Magic

Thirded.

I also understand and hope one day we get another 7 foot plus actor playing a Predator.

It's interesting though. With Kevin Peter Hall, it wasn't just that 7 foot 3 inch height, but that wirey, sinewy, frame of Kevin's too, added with his light gracefully gait that so many dancers typically have. He was just so perfect.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2021, 08:22:33 AM
Quote from: andrea on Apr 18, 2021, 02:29:00 AM

I actually would love to see Predators horseback. Maybe their own steeds they brought with them. Wasn't there a sweet Prime1 statue of something like that?

The Sideshow one?

I wouldn't want to see Predators on Earth horses, but a Predator on this type of alien steed would be quite a visual!  :o 

However, I wouldn't want to stray too far away from "the hunt" though. This would be one of those tread lightly things, at least in film. I know humans have historically been on horseback in fox hunts etc, but that is due to the great speed of the fox, and prey like foxes do not fight back. 

And putting a Commanche on horseback versus a Predator on "horseback" just harkens me back to the Falconer versus Hanzo sword fight. The more Predators fight like humans the more it demystifies (to me). So I want to avoid that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed