New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox

Started by Whos_Nick, Jul 27, 2021, 09:55:20 PM

Author
New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox (Read 25,956 times)

skhellter

skhellter

Not only does John Davis get the title of his own movie wrong (it's SkullS, plural) he also calls his AvP movies "Predator vs Alien". Then he says that although the new movie was conceived with an R-Rating in mind, he'll decide upon it when he sees the first cut.

This was also the guy that was trying to get Sigourney Weaver to play Ellen Ripley in The Predator.

Davis, and i'm being nice about it, sounds like a complete moron.

No hope for this or any other film in the series. Not while he's around.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm sure he will not be the major potential problem though.

SiL

SiL

I mean he's the reason the AvP movies happened so...

Also as the producer of the movie's bad it is really his and all the other producers' faults as it's their job to put together the best productions possible. There's a reason why they're the ones who collect the Best Picture trophy; it's their film.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Clubroot on Jul 28, 2021, 06:08:30 PM
I would like to hear a AvP Galaxy Podcast covering all of this

We already recorded a podcast earlier on where we covered a lot of it!  We discussed our surprise, it being a period piece, Comanche history, the title "Skulls" and its possible marketing, and more.

Here's the link:   :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/12/09/from-the-other-side-discussing-dan-trachtenergs-predator-5-aka-skulls-avp-galaxy-podcast-119/

Corporal Hicks

Planning to do a Motion Tracker on this specific piece later though. They're available on our YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYb2nAnO2-eH3v7haDI71bQ

Clubroot

@VoodooMagic

I might start using #TrustInDan ;D

The Shuriken

Quote from: skhellter on Jul 29, 2021, 10:41:20 AM
Not only does John Davis get the title of his own movie wrong (it's SkullS, plural) he also calls his AvP movies "Predator vs Alien". Then he says that although the new movie was conceived with an R-Rating in mind, he'll decide upon it when he sees the first cut.

This was also the guy that was trying to get Sigourney Weaver to play Ellen Ripley in The Predator.

Davis, and i'm being nice about it, sounds like a complete moron.

No hope for this or any other film in the series. Not while he's around.

An idea so stupid, it can induce a stroke.

Huggs

Voodoo Magic

Clubroot

Bruh, why have I just seen this just now  :o

Now im hyped

Highland

Highland

My gut feeling is that they've said some off the cuff remark because the timeline in this movie is before the first movie. More like , how can I make this movie sound cool, rather than a fact.

It's going to be difficult to replicate the original considering the characters are completely different. Unless they've got scenes in there were the Native Americans spear a predator and say " Stick around"  :D

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Jul 30, 2021, 02:45:02 AMUnless they've got scenes in there were the Native Americans spear a predator and say " Stick around"  :D

I love your way of thinking  :laugh:
Native American men and women acting like 80's machos and bimbos.
"Anyone wants to hit the pipe with me? This stuff will make you a god damned sexual buffalo, just like me."

SiL

Something I'm hoping they mean by it's very The Revenant is that the story will basically be the third act of Predator drawn out to a feature.

I am all sorts of down for that.

Some Old Dude

Yeah, I could even see the movie being a one on one situation for most of the runtime.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2021, 08:47:18 AM
Something I'm hoping they mean by it's very The Revenant is that the story will basically be the third act of Predator drawn out to a feature.

I am all sorts of down for that.

As long as it's not 60 minutes of various close ups of tree branches and running rivers. I could dig it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed