Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 492,545 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Grimm Season 5 Episodes 1&2

Shades of Blue Season 3 Episode 10

The Magicians Season 3 Episode 13

MudButt

MudButt

Currently finishing Jack Ryan on Amazon. Great show, really happy that Krasinski has shifted his comedic persona and become this action star/high profile director.

Also, started Iron Fist S2. Only 3 episodes in but it's solid. Fight choreography is miles better than the first season. They're putting a focus on the supporting characters which is great because Danny Rand is unfortunately not the most interesting character on the show. Coleen Wing continues to be a stand out.

Atypical Season 2
Finished this over the weekend. It's a good show about a teenager with Autism and the way his family copes with it and how people interact with him. It's a dramedy series that has heart and is pretty funny at times. Nice pallet cleanser for the darker stuff I tend to watch.

Caught the premiere of The Deuce S2 as well, love the new 70's setting and can't wait to see where this show goes. David Simon is the best.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 10, 2018, 05:14:05 PMCurrently finishing Jack Ryan on Amazon. Great show, really happy that Krasinski has shifted his comedic persona and become this action star/high profile director.

I'm really curious about that, if only because I love the two Harrison Ford movies (Clear and Present Danger in particular).

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2018, 05:27:22 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Sep 10, 2018, 05:14:05 PMCurrently finishing Jack Ryan on Amazon. Great show, really happy that Krasinski has shifted his comedic persona and become this action star/high profile director.

I'm really curious about that, if only because I love the two Harrison Ford movies (Clear and Present Danger in particular).

This is definitely more similar to those movies in tone than it is to the other movies. It's pretty good. Amazon had so much faith in it they renewed it for a second season before the first season had released.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've not watched the series yet, but I've gotten some laughs out of the one star reviews on Amazon from people triggered by the sex. :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2018, 05:27:22 PM

No love for Red October, comrade? ;)

And I'm now remembering I've not seen Clear and Present Danger, despite having a copy of Milius' draft. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 10, 2018, 05:52:23 PMThis is definitely more similar to those movies in tone than it is to the other movies. It's pretty good. Amazon had so much faith in it they renewed it for a second season before the first season had released.

Nice. My girlfriend has Amazon Prime, so I'll add it to our watch list.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 10, 2018, 07:37:55 PMI've not watched the series yet, but I've gotten some laughs out of the one star reviews on Amazon from people triggered by the sex. :laugh:

To my dying day, I will never understand why so many Americans (or perhaps it's just American censors) are seemingly fine with extremely graphic violence on TV, but absolutely cannot abide a bit of nipple. Same for foul language. It's such an utterly bizarre contradiction. The Walking Dead gets me the most - showing a zombie ripping a man's eyeball out with its teeth is apparently OK, but heaven forbid someone should say the f-word! :laugh:

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 10, 2018, 07:37:55 PMNo love for Red October, comrade? ;)

Good film, but I much prefer the two Ford ones. At least some of which is probably down to the fact I simply like Harrison Ford more.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 10, 2018, 07:37:55 PMAnd I'm now remembering I've not seen Clear and Present Danger, despite having a copy of Milius' draft. :laugh:

You should definitely give it a watch, it's far and away the best of them if you ask me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2018, 07:47:10 PM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 10, 2018, 07:37:55 PMI've not watched the series yet, but I've gotten some laughs out of the one star reviews on Amazon from people triggered by the sex. :laugh:

To my dying day, I will never understand why so many Americans (or perhaps it's just American censors) are seemingly fine with extremely graphic violence on TV, but absolutely cannot abide a bit of nipple. Same for foul language. It's such an utterly bizarre contradiction. The Walking Dead gets me the most - showing a zombie ripping a man's eyeball out with its teeth is apparently OK, but heaven forbid someone should say the f-word! :laugh:

And Preacher got to drop a single f word uncensored this past season. :laugh:

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 10, 2018, 07:37:55 PMNo love for Red October, comrade? ;)

Good film, but I much prefer the two Ford ones. At least some of which is probably down to the fact I simply like Harrison Ford more.

Ah, gotcha.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 10, 2018, 07:37:55 PMAnd I'm now remembering I've not seen Clear and Present Danger, despite having a copy of Milius' draft. :laugh:

You should definitely give it a watch, it's far and away the best of them if you ask me.

Yeah, I've been meaning to. I've seen bits and pieces on TV, and noticed Bucho as one of the villains. ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2018, 07:47:10 PM

It's the censors. And as an American, I cannot understand it either. Unless this is all some sort of moralistic holdover from the "age of innocence". Is foul language and nudity necessary for good entertainment? Hell ye...uh...not necessarily.  ;D But portraying violent people engaging in shady lifestyles and situations, should require some level of reality. This is America; bullets, booty and bad language are part of life.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 10, 2018, 08:19:20 PMI've seen bits and pieces on TV, and noticed Bucho as one of the villains. ;D

Another reason I love it! de Almeida's great in it. Imagine Bucho's cousin from a parallel universe where things don't explode purely because it's funny.

Also, I dunno whether or not you've ever seen the convoy ambush sequence, but it's a doozy.

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 11, 2018, 04:34:28 AMIt's the censors. And as an American, I cannot understand it either. Unless this is all some sort of moralistic holdover from the "age of innocence".

I figured it possibly had some basis in America's historically Christian makeup.

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 11, 2018, 04:34:28 AMIs foul language and nudity necessary for good entertainment? Hell ye...uh...not necessarily.  ;D But portraying violent people engaging in shady lifestyles and situations, should require some level of reality. This is America; bullets, booty and bad language are part of life.

I completely get why people may decide certain things need to be censored - you can't show Basic Instinct on TV when there might be children about. It's the glaring disparity between violence and other mature content that really gets me. Surely one is just as adult as the other? (Rhetorical.)

Baron Von Marlon

One of the reasons a lot of movies from the 80's and 90's are so good is because they totally utilise their R-Rating.
For example, the random pair(s) of boobs.
In the background while the hero is questioning some low level sleazeball in a strip club, when a fight spreads to a room where some couple is banging or maybe in order to catch a perp the hero has to chase him through the ladies' shower.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 11, 2018, 08:03:46 AM
I completely get why people may decide certain things need to be censored - you can't show Basic Instinct on TV when there might be children about. It's the glaring disparity between violence and other mature content that really gets me. Surely one is just as adult as the other? (Rhetorical.)

I'm personally rather amused at the way we seem to have decided that tobacco is the literal devil and the mere sight or mention of it will make kids addicted.

Russ

Russ

God-damn it, I'm trying to quit. Now I need a fag...  :D :D :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 12, 2018, 04:05:11 AMI'm personally rather amused at the way we seem to have decided that tobacco is the literal devil and the mere sight or mention of it will make kids addicted.

A far cry from the good ol' days where Shane Black can introduce his child hero by having him spark up a cigarette after lighting the match on his own face :laugh:

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Lucifer.
Great show, recommend y'all give it a try. The first season is a little heavy on the prodedural but it gets much better in later seasons.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 12, 2018, 09:04:02 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 12, 2018, 04:05:11 AMI'm personally rather amused at the way we seem to have decided that tobacco is the literal devil and the mere sight or mention of it will make kids addicted.

A far cry from the good ol' days where Shane Black can introduce his child hero by having him spark up a cigarette after lighting the match on his own face :laugh:

In what does that happen? I either missed something or my memory's failing me again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed