Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 492,546 times)

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

The new season of Strike Back.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: coolbreeze on Sep 22, 2013, 11:58:54 PM

Ooh, look forward to that. I don't have Max so I usually wait for the home release. Have you watched Banshee on Max yet? It's sick.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 23, 2013, 12:38:58 AM
Quote from: coolbreeze on Sep 22, 2013, 11:58:54 PM

Ooh, look forward to that. I don't have Max so I usually wait for the home release. Have you watched Banshee on Max yet? It's sick.

Cinemax has them on the website:

http://www.cinemax.com/strike-back/video/?bctid=2678547795001#/strike-back/episodes/

Haven't seen Banshee yet, but heard good things about it.

Nightmare Asylum

Lost S5E01-03 'Because You Left', 'The Lie', and 'Jughead'

Trippy in all of the best possible ways.

Rong

Rong

http://www.indiewire.com/article/2013-emmy-award-winners-as-they-come-in?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed

Yay for the emmys this year getting it right.

Jeff For newsroom

Anna for BB

BB for series

Behind The Candelabra for all its wins nioce

id post in the bb thread but its a f**king landmine of shitstorm proportions atm. 

First Blood

First Blood

Hannibal Season One

Episodes 1-6

Seeing as Dexter came to a disappointing end, it was time I needed a suitable replacement into the land of the macabre and the bizarre. I think after six episodes, Hannibal fits that bill quite nicely. Much like Dexter its part police procedural drama and other part character study. Hugh Dancy plays special agent Will Graham and he's fantastic. Make no mistake, William Petersen and Edward Norton did a fine job with the character but Dancy really flew off the handle and made this character his own. Dancy is just amazing to watch as the overly worked and mentally deflated character who's on the brink of losing his own sanity. The way he gets into the killer's heads and visualizes the crime was something unique that I really haven't seen before.

"This is my design."

The other star of the show of course is Hannibal Lecter played by Mads Mikkelsen. Now he's not as memorable as say Anthony Hopkins but Mads brings his own spin to the character. He commands each scene he's in with his impeccable dress and you're never quite sure what is going on behind those eyes of his. Whether his intentions are pure or not, and I like that.

"They know."

When I first heard this was going to be on NBC, I thought it was going to be watered down crap. Much to my surprise it's not. Hannibal is exceedingly graphic and hardly tame. Six episodes in, I am in love with this show. I am happy it's going to be renewed for a second season, and if everything goes according to plan the show runner Bryan Fuller can unleash his master plan by weaving in the stories of Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal into the show's future seasons.

Delicious.

...and more Eddie Izzard please.

Shasvre

Shasvre

First time watching it or did you watch the whole thing when it was on TV?

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 25, 2013, 03:33:47 PM"This is my design."

See, the first couple of episodes I thought for sure he said "This is my desire.". :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

I watched one or two eps when it was on. But this is the first chance I've gotten to watch them in their entirely.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Brickleberry

Vickers

Vickers

Dexter's finale. Lulz...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 25, 2013, 03:33:47 PM
Hannibal Season One

Episodes 1-6

Seeing as Dexter came to a disappointing end, it was time I needed a suitable replacement into the land of the macabre and the bizarre. I think after six episodes, Hannibal fits that bill quite nicely. Much like Dexter its part police procedural drama and other part character study. Hugh Dancy plays special agent Will Graham and he's fantastic. Make no mistake, William Petersen and Edward Norton did a fine job with the character but Dancy really flew off the handle and made this character his own. Dancy is just amazing to watch as the overly worked and mentally deflated character who's on the brink of losing his own sanity. The way he gets into the killer's heads and visualizes the crime was something unique that I really haven't seen before.

"This is my design."

The other star of the show of course is Hannibal Lecter played by Mads Mikkelsen. Now he's not as memorable as say Anthony Hopkins but Mads brings his own spin to the character. He commands each scene he's in with his impeccable dress and you're never quite sure what is going on behind those eyes of his. Whether his intentions are pure or not, and I like that.

"They know."

When I first heard this was going to be on NBC, I thought it was going to be watered down crap. Much to my surprise it's not. Hannibal is exceedingly graphic and hardly tame. Six episodes in, I am in love with this show. I am happy it's going to be renewed for a second season, and if everything goes according to plan the show runner Bryan Fuller can unleash his master plan by weaving in the stories of Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal into the show's future seasons.

Delicious.

...and more Eddie Izzard please.
Yup.

Hannibal's first season was incredible, on par with the original Clyde Phillips seasons of Dexter, but with an even darker, macabre tone. It's one of those shows that is absolutely overflowing with bleakness, but it can't be faulted just due to how well done it is; I was left slack-jawed multiple times... and who the hell expected it to be good, never mind amazing? Great show, can't wait for Season 2.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

My biggest complaint is the killer of the week stuff. Often comically over the top and silly.

Everything else more than made up for it, though.

Nightmare Asylum

Definitely gonna have to check that out in the near future.

I just want to see Silence of the Lambs first (I know, I know...) to familiarize myself with the character a bit.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

:o

There's actually more Red Dragon in Hannibal (the show), including having the lead character, Will Graham in it, so seeing the movie or reading the book would be a really good initiation. That said, both Will Graham, Hannibal Lecter, and every other element is almost completely different and new from previous incarnations of the universe.

Nightmare Asylum

Will look into that one as well, thanks for the heads up.

I know they're not related, but for some reason I just don't want to jump into the show without seeing at least some of the original film material beforehand.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed