Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,162 times)

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Quote from: Citadel on Apr 27, 2017, 01:42:17 AM
Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on Apr 27, 2017, 01:35:43 AM
I registered just to voice my frustration with the release of this video

This Shaw video is a total waste. Just like Weylands speech was a total waste. My point is.....that scenes like this & Weylands speech should be in the actual movie. I don't understand why Ridley cuts major scenes like this out of the movie & forces us to look up some random youtube video that should have been in the movie in the first place. Think back to Prometheus. All the deleted scenes were major scenes, that should have been in the movie in the first place.If they were, the movie would have been much better & gotten much higher reviews. Now I'm forced to wait on a full directors cut, with all the good scenes included in the movie. I'm begging Ridley Scott. please leave this social media stuff alone & give us a full film. Litterally all these good clips need to be in the MOVIE, not youtube  ::)
I agree that the original Prometheus intro should have been used, with the Engineers. It would parallel Covenant a little better. I also prefer the CGI Fifield-xeno hybrid scene, though it needed more work. Everything else worked out just fine. Having the Weyland TED speech jammed in there wouldn't make the film any better, and it was shot as promo material for the reason that including such a scene would mess with the pacing. I can't even think of one moment in the film that the speech might compliment the movie.

I'm still optimistic regarding the David/Shaw scenes being included somehow in Covenant.

Yes, I think the CGI Fifield was much scarier & creepy. I think the most important deleted scene was Idris elba's discussion about why he thought the Boneship was a weapon. It explained why they would risk their lives to destroy the Boneship. In the final release, they seemed to just suddenly decide to destroy the Boneship out of knowhere.

Not to distract from the threat topic , but this was a fan video made with the Weyland speech & all the other promo videos edited into the beginning of prometheus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHUhjTo16i8

kwisatz

Quote from: fiveways on Apr 27, 2017, 01:36:07 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 27, 2017, 01:23:32 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Apr 27, 2017, 01:10:36 AM
I want to see the version of the movie where David just wakes up Shaw after bombing the engineers and explains the why of it.  Then she just mopes around for 2 hours drinking tea and wondering if he is right while learning about how terrible the Engineers culture truly is for herself.   

Seriously, I would kinda like the see the Moon/Solaris version of this film more than the one we are actually getting.

And SUBTITLES

Totally.  Rapace only speaks in Swedish and in Engineer as she is slowly learning their language.  David speaks in whatever the f**k be feels like cause he's a f**king robot.

:D

200 Million Art-house piece, all sequences that did contain CGI got cut out, opening scene is 49 min of David wandering on the Juggernaut alone, in silence, uncut. I would kill to see this!

SpeedyMaxx

I think the deleted scene with Janek and Vickers re: the weapons facility is good, but I also think it's a bit redundant of the often-overlooked scene in the final cut with Janek and Shaw where he talks about the same things. To me that is enough motive for what comes next.

fiveways

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 27, 2017, 01:54:54 AM
I want to see the version of the movie where David just wakes up Shaw after bombing the engineers and explains the why of it.  Then she just mopes around for 2 hours drinking tea and wondering if he is right while learning about how terrible the Engineers culture truly is for herself.   

Seriously, I would kinda like the see the Moon/Solaris version of this film more than the one we are actually getting.

And SUBTITLES

Totally.  Rapace only speaks in Swedish and in Engineer as she is slowly learning their language.  David speaks in whatever the f**k be feels like cause he's a f**king robot.

200 Million Art-house piece, all sequences that did contain CGI got cut out, opening scene is 49 min of David wandering on the Juggernaut alone, in silence, uncut. I would kill to see this!

Then a dialog scene scene followed by 35 minutes of Shaw looking out a window into space, sipping tea.  Running time is 4hours 26 minutes.

Seriously I need this movie in my life.

Citadel

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on Apr 27, 2017, 01:53:52 AM
Quote from: Citadel on Apr 27, 2017, 01:42:17 AM
Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on Apr 27, 2017, 01:35:43 AM
I registered just to voice my frustration with the release of this video

This Shaw video is a total waste. Just like Weylands speech was a total waste. My point is.....that scenes like this & Weylands speech should be in the actual movie. I don't understand why Ridley cuts major scenes like this out of the movie & forces us to look up some random youtube video that should have been in the movie in the first place. Think back to Prometheus. All the deleted scenes were major scenes, that should have been in the movie in the first place.If they were, the movie would have been much better & gotten much higher reviews. Now I'm forced to wait on a full directors cut, with all the good scenes included in the movie. I'm begging Ridley Scott. please leave this social media stuff alone & give us a full film. Litterally all these good clips need to be in the MOVIE, not youtube  ::)
I agree that the original Prometheus intro should have been used, with the Engineers. It would parallel Covenant a little better. I also prefer the CGI Fifield-xeno hybrid scene, though it needed more work. Everything else worked out just fine. Having the Weyland TED speech jammed in there wouldn't make the film any better, and it was shot as promo material for the reason that including such a scene would mess with the pacing. I can't even think of one moment in the film that the speech might compliment the movie.

I'm still optimistic regarding the David/Shaw scenes being included somehow in Covenant.

Yes, I think the CGI Fifield was much scarier & creepy. I think the most important deleted scene was Idris elba's discussion about why he thought the Boneship was a weapon. It explained why they would risk their lives to destroy the Boneship. In the final release, they seemed to just suddenly decide to destroy the Boneship out of knowhere.
Janek's questioning over the ship leaving has always annoyed me. He was shown the cargo hold, why did he question the decision to stop the ship returning to Earth? Its motive was clear. "This is not a war ship", he said. ???

I really dislike his character. Along with quite a few characters and decisions in Prometheus, really. The sacrifice was fine, but yes, it needed something else in there. Maybe not another scene talking about the same thing, but more build-up.

For all the love I indulge in Prometheus, there's a lot I'd love to change.

echobbase79

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 27, 2017, 01:59:41 AM
I think the deleted scene with Janek and Vickers re: the weapons facility is good, but I also think it's a bit redundant of the often-overlooked scene in the final cut with Janek and Shaw where he talks about the same things. To me that is enough motive for what comes next.

How'd he figure that out though? All I can think of is plot convenience.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

And SUBTITLES

Totally.  Rapace only speaks in Swedish and in Engineer as she is slowly learning their language.  David speaks in whatever the f**k he feels like cause he's a f**king robot.

David's miraculous robotic power of understanding everything is about as realistic as the Boneships Star Trek Enterprise like arrival on Paradise in this video. Literally every Movie spaceship in in Hollywood uses that warp drive stuff. Literally ignoring all the laws of physics lol. But hey, it is what it is. At least the Covenant is not warping in. I look forward to a long scene where they are strapped into their seats & the captian is pressing all kinds of buttons & pulling levers like Ripleys last "disable self destruct" scene in Alien.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 27, 2017, 02:03:32 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 27, 2017, 01:59:41 AM

How'd he figure that out though? All I can think of is plot convenience.

I never thought so when I first saw the film. Judging by what they'd seen in the holograms, the storage in the juggernaut and the temple, the monsters and the virus that had mutated several people by then, etc. I thought a military man like Janek could come to a reasonable conclusion.

echobbase79

Yeah, he did spend most of the film studying the hologram of the ship. So I can buy that.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Good point about Janek. He felt un easy the whole film, like he knew something was wrong.

Predaker

Quote from: fiveways on Apr 27, 2017, 02:01:47 AM

And SUBTITLES

Then a dialog scene scene followed by 35 minutes of Shaw looking out a window into space, sipping tea.  Running time is 4hours 26 minutes.

This needs to be Alien: Awakening

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 27, 2017, 02:15:31 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Apr 27, 2017, 02:01:47 AM

And SUBTITLES

This needs to be Alien: Awakening

Sounds more like "Alien: A Space Odyssey"

newagescamartist

I can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not, but I'd love to see an Alien movie with David and Shaw in a 2001 style film as well. The events between Prometheus and Covenant just scream for that type of movie. Also, with David putting Shaw into cryo, doesn't it seem like Alien: Awakening could allude to Shaw's literal awakening? I haven't read much for spoilers so I'm not as well versed as some of you guys on the direction this is taking.

D88M

so, the bombing scene will be in the movie, but the David/Shaw parts no? that doesnt make any sense, we need to know what happened between Prometheus and Covenant, IN the movie

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

What about the Deacon?

I think you guys are forgetting something. If Shaw spends all this time putting David back together & studying the boneship, then where is the deacon? Does the Deacon find a way to get on board the ship? Could the Deacon be the cause of Paradise's demise? While everybody is focused on the other two Xenomorphs, we are forgetting about the Deacon. I wonder if it will become the real bad guy in Covenant. Forget those other two Xenos, we ain't seen nothin yet. :)

It's fun to see everybody jumping to conclusions about bombing. We still don't know how the Boneship is in this city, yet in other trailers, it is crash landed in the middle of the woods. How does it get their? Is it the same ship? We wont know till we see the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed