Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.3%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.4%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.6%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 440

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 321,680 times)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 16, 2012, 03:10:16 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jul 16, 2012, 11:07:40 AM
And it still leaves an empty feeling when the credits roll.
I was the opposite. I left both viewings skipping with delight.

Somewhere in the middle would of been nice.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

I left the cinema quite confused as to whether I liked this movie or not. I think it's because I'd enjoy 20 mins or so but than something would come up I didn't like then another strong 20 mins, then a character would do something stupid, then another strong 20 mins etc. The last 30 mins just felt a little rushed to me. I was hoping for something really special, something ground breaking. Didn't IMO get that. I did get a solid sci fi horror movie that was good but not great.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Jul 18, 2012, 05:09:02 PM
I left the cinema quite confused as to whether I liked this movie or not. I think it's because I'd enjoy 20 mins or so but than something would come up I didn't like then another strong 20 mins, then a character would do something stupid, then another strong 20 mins etc. The last 30 mins just felt a little rushed to me. I was hoping for something really special, something ground breaking. Didn't IMO get that. I did get a solid sci fi horror movie that was good but not great.

Welcome to the club of cluster f**k confusion   ;D

I'm in agreement with the ending, though for me it was the last ten minutes. Here's hoping a little editing magic can amend this.

dave1978

dave1978

Sci fi "Horror" movie????   where??

Ive seen more horror in an episode of the Simpsons Halloween special.

No joke i actually fell asleep during my 2nd viewing i was so bored, only the engineer tearing off Davids head woke me up.

BANE

BANE

See your doctor. You may have narcolepsy.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: BLAIN on Jul 19, 2012, 01:36:23 PM

;D

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: dave1978 on Jul 19, 2012, 01:31:12 PM

No joke i actually fell asleep during my 2nd viewing i was so bored, only the engineer tearing off Davids head woke me up.

I'm pretty sure Prometheus would be classed as sci-fi horror. Set in space in the future in an alien built weapon facility sets it as sci-fi. The alien creatures that kill people and the alien parasite that lives inside a womb set this up as horror, therefore this technically a sci-fi horror.
It is IMO a good sci-fi horror but nothing special, not a ground breaking movie.

Svarog

Svarog

It must be horror!
It had a sleeping bloodsucker in a sarcophagus..a mummy or a vampire that needs a suck of eternity!
It had ghosts running thru corridors, decapitations, and a ghostlu black goo/parasite!

It had blond-haired spooky frankenstein/igor monster without a soul that doing all the crepy stuff ordered by his creator!

A spooky story written in murals on the wall!!!

A dumb girl that need no weapons in alien-made fortress/cave!
A stupid guys that get lost and attacked !

A STORM...Bwaahaaaaahhhaaaaaa!

A couple of crazy scientist poking in a big contagious head...and electrocuting it!

A mystic Lady that gives You creeps, You don't know if she is alive or dead...!!!

A couple of maybe cool guys you start to like just to see them die ....
And it's CRISTMASS!!! hahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!

And ZOMBIE!
Oh, hell, where is the horror movie nowadays without ZOMBIE!
Yeeeeeeee!!!!
And  bodysnachers , and burning alive, and Snake bites, and creepy cesarian section, blood and gore, and SQUID from the belly,
and giant creepy alien that kills without any meaning to it....

and giant Kthulhu monster with tentacles, and body-bursters

Stupid screaming blonde that die even more stupid way....

...and You wanna know why is this SF and not HORROR???

I guess cause it had no boobs in it....

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: BLAIN on Jul 19, 2012, 01:36:23 PM

Some of your posts are simply classic BLAIN

BANE

BANE

QuoteI guess cause it had no boobs in it....
I see what happened here.

By horror, it was meant to mean 'frightening film'.

You're thinking of the oft forgotten and under-appreciated genre 'whoreor'. Hence the expectation of nipples and the main tit.

Glad to clear that up.

Svarog

Svarog

Quote from: BLAIN on Jul 19, 2012, 07:15:37 PM

You're thinking of the oft forgotten and under-appreciated genre 'whoreor'. Hence the expectation of nipples and the main tit.

Glad to clear that up.

I kinda try to explain everything ever seen in "horrors" from their begining till latest stuff...
I didn't expected boobs in this, just a little more of SF...

But the last thing I ever wanted in this movie was Zombie ...

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Svarog on Jul 19, 2012, 07:35:39 PM
Quote from: BLAIN on Jul 19, 2012, 07:15:37 PM

Glad to clear that up.

I kinda try to explain everything ever seen in "horrors" from their begining till latest stuff...
I didn't expected boobs in this, just a little more of SF...

But the last thing I ever wanted in this movie was Zombie ...

I definitely agree with the zombie thing. I felt the idea was unoriginal and not something that really belongs in the Alien universe. I know he wasn't a true zombie but he kinda seemed like a zombie or some sort of infected. That brings me to another point, this movie seemed to have far too many random creatures, while they were interesting, I had trouble understanding their life cycle and black goo thing sort of falls under the same category. So in the end I had a lot of questions, not necessarily bad thing if a film leaves you asking questions but these were the wrong kind of questions it left you asking. I really hope the directors cut can clear some things up. However despite all the negatives the movie was still decent and in no way did I hate it. I felt, compared to the other films in the franchise it was just average, not terrible like AVPR but not amazing like Alien.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 17, 2012, 04:44:34 PM
JimSmash put up his review: http://jimsmash.blogspot.com/2012/07/alien-fans-thoughts-on-prometheus.html

Finally some one other than me points out that the story of Prom was seen before in a Star Trek TNG episode.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Jul 19, 2012, 03:47:09 PM
Quote from: dave1978 on Jul 19, 2012, 01:31:12 PM

I'm pretty sure Prometheus would be classed as sci-fi horror. Set in space in the future in an alien built weapon facility sets it as sci-fi. The alien creatures that kill people and the alien parasite that lives inside a womb set this up as horror, therefore this technically a sci-fi horror.
It is IMO a good sci-fi horror but nothing special, not a ground breaking movie.

Prometheus was straight-up sci-fi. There weren't horror elements in it, not like Alien. Alien actually intended to scare people. The only nerve-wracking scene for me was the abortion scene.

SM

SM

Monsters attacking and killing people (and being cut out of someone's belly) = horror elements.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed