Aliens Versus Predator 2 License status

Started by The Cruentus, Jan 14, 2024, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Aliens Versus Predator 2 License status (Read 3,877 times)

x-M-x

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 01, 2024, 09:09:53 PMDon't think those work natively for Apple computers without booting up windows, and I'm not looking to add that to my machine at the moment.

I have the "MAC" version on our site .toast format?

Or you could use .WINE and it works + online multiplayer.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: x-M-x on Feb 01, 2024, 09:29:54 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 01, 2024, 09:09:53 PMDon't think those work natively for Apple computers without booting up windows, and I'm not looking to add that to my machine at the moment.

I have the "MAC" version on our site .toast format?

Or you could use .WINE and it works + online multiplayer.

Oh? I'm having trouble finding that .toast download. Could you link it please? I'd have to do a bootcamp situation to load up a .WINE, correct?

oduodu

you  get playonlinux for which is a frontend for wine on linux. by the same token you get playonmac.

https://www.playonmac.com/en/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayOnMac

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=playonmac+gaming

Mike’s Monsters

I am such a noob with this stuff nowadays. I feel like I would have figured this out in my teens/20's, but I am struggling in my mid 30's!

After messing around with the .toast file I couldn't get that to work. I then downloaded PlayOnMac and that installs fine, but I cannot get AvP2 to play on it with the current system on my Mac. It keeps saying not supported with the files I've downloaded from AvPUnknown. If I ever switch back to PC in my life, I'll probably be able to get it working then.

The Cruentus

To be fair I myself am not always savvy with a lot of this tech stuff. Hence why I prefer most things on consoles.  :laugh:

If they ever do manage to do a reboot/remake, I hope it will be multiplatform.

I think the last new AVP game that was made was AVP Evolution and that was for mobiles I think.

aliens13

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 23, 2024, 07:03:19 PMTo be fair I myself am not always savvy with a lot of this tech stuff. Hence why I prefer most things on consoles.  :laugh:

If they ever do manage to do a reboot/remake, I hope it will be multiplatform.

I think the last new AVP game that was made was AVP Evolution and that was for mobiles I think.
Yes, it was the AvP Evolution for mobiles. 11 years from that and it wasn't the greatest game either

The Cruentus

Did seem to have interesting gameplay though, such as multpile skins based of various versions of the creatures throughout the movies.  Never got the chance to play it and I am not sure if there is any emulator versions out there.

Corporal Hicks

AvP Evolution was still enjoyable imo, even if it wasn't the pinnacle of A/v/P gaming. We haven't had any bad iOS/Android games, and I still think Blackout is far far better than anyone gives it credit for.

lost dragon

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 31, 2024, 11:43:38 PMYep, the first one was remade.
The second one should be given the same treatment, maybe even if console ports too.

Mike Arkin (AvP Extinction) has stated that Disney have not been friendly towards remasters of AVP titles, at all.

So the chances of AVP 2 getting a commercial remake are extremely slim it seems.

It's been years since i played it and Primal Hunt, but wasn't the Xeno A. I a step back from that found in Rebellion's PC AVP?

The Cruentus

For a money grubbing company, you would think Disney would actually go for remasters, since they would profit from those sales.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: lost dragon on Mar 25, 2024, 05:14:15 PMbut wasn't the Xeno A. I a step back from that found in Rebellion's PC AVP?

Kind of. It's very heavily scripted, and the pathfinding occasionally breaks.

BlueMarsalis79

He means very  ;D

Pocok

Quote from: lost dragon on Mar 25, 2024, 05:14:15 PMMike Arkin (AvP Extinction) has stated that Disney have not been friendly towards remasters of AVP titles, at all.

That's just sad to hear, damn...

Thatguy2068

That sucks to hear. My first AvP game was the 2010 one. I heard many great things about past titles, but never played them myself.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 25, 2024, 10:33:55 PMThat sucks to hear. My first AvP game was the 2010 one. I heard many great things about past titles, but never played them myself.

Never too late to play avp classic or AVP2.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed