The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 20, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

Do you think they should make another AVP film?

Yes, continuing from the previous films.
Yes, but disregarding the previous AVP films (New continuity)
No, they should be kept seperate.
No, the  AVP movies messed up the franchise.
Not sure/maybe.
Author
The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise (Read 23,835 times)

The Cruentus

Here is this little tidbit from that comic "The embryos ceased metabolizing their hosts's body fat forty-five minutes ago. The connective tissues and vessels by which they accessed intercostal and bronchial arteries to feed has dissolved."

SM

QuoteHuman or Alien?

Alien.  Obviously.

Master

Cool and all, they can be attached in many verious places but hear isn't one of them for reasons stated above.

SM

I don't find any of those reasons convincing.

SiL

Something growing out of the pericardium wouldn't inherently cause heart failure and death. It's not like the burster is stabbing a straw through the thing.

Wysps

Quote from: Master on Sep 07, 2018, 09:39:19 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2018, 09:32:02 AM
The umbilical cords detach prior to birth.  Plus as seen in Resurrection, the cords are so tiny and would rip during birth even if they were attached.

Human or Alien? Umbilical is attached to placenta and with humans it's cut after birth to minimise blood lose of mother and newborn.

Anything attached to heart owuld puncture pericardium, cause traction to the heart leading to heart failure and death.

Idk about puncturing per se, but the pressure against the heart would likely cause issues related to blood flow and oxygenation, resulting in compensatory mechanisms to be set off (hypo/hypertension, fluid retention, etc.) that lead to unsavory states such as cardiac tamponade, heart failure, heart attack, stroke, etc.  Even if the attaching fibers were small, anything foreign attaching itself to the pericardium would probably at the least lead to pericarditis.  Medically I find it hard to make sense out of it... But then again, it is fiction  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Resurrection is suspect too; let's not forget.

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 07, 2018, 03:20:10 PM
Medically I find it hard to make sense out of it... But then again, it is fiction  :laugh:

Just consider it cancer with teeth.

Master

Quote from: SiL on Sep 07, 2018, 01:07:52 PM
Something growing out of the pericardium wouldn't inherently cause heart failure and death. It's not like the burster is stabbing a straw through the thing.

Not out of pericardium, out of heart. But also why bother? There are so many nearby places to get your tumor-like neovascularisation.

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 07, 2018, 03:20:10 PM
Quote from: Master on Sep 07, 2018, 09:39:19 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2018, 09:32:02 AM
The umbilical cords detach prior to birth.  Plus as seen in Resurrection, the cords are so tiny and would rip during birth even if they were attached.

Human or Alien? Umbilical is attached to placenta and with humans it's cut after birth to minimise blood lose of mother and newborn.

Anything attached to heart owuld puncture pericardium, cause traction to the heart leading to heart failure and death.

Idk about puncturing per se, but the pressure against the heart would likely cause issues related to blood flow and oxygenation, resulting in compensatory mechanisms to be set off (hypo/hypertension, fluid retention, etc.) that lead to unsavory states such as cardiac tamponade, heart failure, heart attack, stroke, etc.  Even if the attaching fibers were small, anything foreign attaching itself to the pericardium would probably at the least lead to pericarditis.  Medically I find it hard to make sense out of it... But then again, it is fiction  :laugh:

It overgrow one of lungs. It's not like you need both to live and there is plenty of room to  hide there. That would also explain why Purvis had to stop to catch his breath.

Mr.Turok

After doing some digging myself, there is just many versions to how they gestate that there is no real rooted canon to this so it can be either or apparently. Some material shows that you can remove it via surgery while other sources says that it kills the body once removed since it releases some kind of acid that infects the entire body that causes it to shutdown and die.

At this point, at least for me I can see the belly bursting as a thing until real hardcore canon material solidifies this issue.

The Old One

The Old One

Real "hardcore" canon material says it's not.

Which would be The Cold Forge, David's Drawings, Isolation and the films.

SM

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 08, 2018, 03:02:50 AM
After doing some digging myself, there is just many versions to how they gestate that there is no real rooted canon to this so it can be either or apparently. Some material shows that you can remove it via surgery while other sources says that it kills the body once removed since it releases some kind of acid that infects the entire body that causes it to shutdown and die.

At this point, at least for me I can see the belly bursting as a thing until real hardcore canon material solidifies this issue.

The sources that actually count indicate that it sits in between the heart and right hand lung, and when it's still developing it's physically attached to the host and later it's not.

The Cruentus

Yep. The defiance comic also showed the chestburster to be in kind of amniotic sac as well, so it is like a twisted version of natural pregancy as the body grows it and feeds it while it is attached via an umbilical, The cold forge mentions that hosts become iron deficient I think, I know one scientist says to Dorian about them taking the iron from the blood.

SM

Resurrection showed a sac of sorts when the Queen is removed.

The Cruentus

Covenant as well, the chestburster bursts out of some sort of sac when emerging from Oram.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed