Dark Horse Interview - New Comic

Started by Xenomorphine, Aug 23, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Author
Dark Horse Interview - New Comic (Read 85,511 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jan 23, 2015, 02:01:17 AM
Sebela has proven himself to be full of sh*t

Whatever, I didn't read the comics. I'm just quoting out what I had asked, what was answered and whatever was said out there.

Having that said, I think it's just a coincidence that Elden just looks like one of the White Hybrids. A coincidence, nothing more, nothing less.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 23, 2015, 02:34:05 AM
Having that said, I think it's just a coincidence that Elden just looks like one of the White Hybrids. A coincidence, nothing more, nothing less.

Completely agree. It wasn't intentional.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 23, 2015, 02:34:05 AM

Whatever, I didn't read the comics. I'm just quoting out what I had asked, what was answered and whatever was said out there.

You should, I thought the first two were excellent - but it would be interesting to hear your views on the Predator inclusion. For me, it's not so great - but I've not finished the whole series yet, so I've got an open mind.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Russ on Jan 23, 2015, 09:24:31 AM
You should, I thought the first two were excellent - but it would be interesting to hear your views on the Predator inclusion. For me, it's not so great - but I've not finished the whole series yet, so I've got an open mind.

You know I actually had a comic clerk actually try and PUSH them on me to buy them?

Corporal Hicks

Well if he knew you liked A/v/P seems like a good call.  :P

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2015, 02:45:52 PM
Well if he knew you liked A/v/P seems like a good call.  :P

Well, only the old stuff. I was looking for the older stuff and he didn't have any, and he tried pushing the new stuff on me. I said I wasn't interested, he still kept on pushing them on me. For me, the old stuff is where it's at.. newer stuff? Not interested, especially since it's taking cues and accommodating for a movie I changed my opinion on in the last three years.

Ultramorph

On a lighter note, I made a meme a while back based on the AvP series. Minor spoilers if you haven't read it.
Spoiler
[close]

RakaiThwei

Who's Super now?

Spoiler
[close]

Russ

Russ

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 23, 2015, 02:59:14 PM

Well, only the old stuff. I was looking for the older stuff and he didn't have any, and he tried pushing the new stuff on me. I said I wasn't interested, he still kept on pushing them on me. For me, the old stuff is where it's at.. newer stuff? Not interested, especially since it's taking cues and accommodating for a movie I changed my opinion on in the last three years.

OK, Rakai - our first lover's tiff.

I really think you should give these books a chance. The first two were excellent - but these were alien stories. The Predator angle hasn't resonated with me yet -- but it maybe because the story is not yet complete (I've read the first two "predator" ones), but I think as one of the resident experts on them, I'd be really interested to hear your take.

You've already spoken of franchise fatigue -- maybe these (along with Rage War?) would reignite your interest. Or not as the case may be, but I have to say I really liked the direction and "feel" of the comics.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Russ on Jan 24, 2015, 10:32:58 AM
I really think you should give these books a chance.

Look, I get the whole keeping an open mind thing and all but at the same time I have very strong stances on supporting things and aspects I like, and not supporting aspects and things I don't like. What I don't like about these comics is that they more or less rebooted things and are changing things to accommodate Prometheus and they are counting PREDATORS as canon (if you don't know by now I REALLY HATE that movie). Now I won't lie and say I have been tempted to read but if I do happen to read them I think I'd prefer to get the tradepaper backs.. No, not even buy them but perhaps borrow them or read them for free at a Barnes and Noble shop or wherever they have comics NOT in the plastic sleeves.

Quote from: Russ on Jan 24, 2015, 10:32:58 AM
I think as one of the resident experts on them, I'd be really interested to hear your take.

You flatter me, Russ! But as far as the current continuity stands, I don't think I would or should be considered an expert because they more or less rebooted the EU similarly to how Star Wars got everything rebooted. I would say I am somewhat knowledgeable on the old stuff and I haven't even so much as finished reading the old stuff because I have to find some issues I am missing and some novels. I've heard good things about South China Sea-- haven't read that yet.

Master

Master

Yeah, try South China Sea. It`s very good and in style of P1,2. There are some awkward moments in it, but still a solid novel.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jan 24, 2015, 04:48:02 PM
Yeah, try South China Sea. It`s very good and in style of P1,2. There are some awkward moments in it, but still a solid novel.

I would love to read South China Sea! If I can find a Barnes and Noble down here in Florida (I'm not home yet, haven't been home in four months) then I'll look to see if they have it!

Master

Master

Why not Ebay? That`s how I got my copy (it was unavaliable in my country).

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jan 24, 2015, 05:10:22 PM
Why not Ebay? That`s how I got my copy (it was unavaliable in my country).

Why wait three days to a week for the mail to come in when you can go to the bookstore and buy it the same day you find it?

Besides, I think there are.. three Barnes and Noble stores nearby where I am currently located.

Master

Master

Why bother looking when it can hit your doorstep?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed