FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 147,476 times)

newbeing

newbeing

I really hope the threat doesn't turn out to be some sort of sentient gas cloud or some super intelligent virus. I fear whatever the threat is won't match the craziness of the Xenomorphs. Still I'm interested to see what all of this is and how it ties in with the universe we know and love.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

This construct looks to be in a smaller room than what we've seen - the 'brains' of the giant head maybe?

Spoiler
[close]

-Chris

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Quote from: gooner_no1 on Dec 19, 2011, 09:56:22 PM
Spoiler

Or The Magellan, I think.
Maybe you're right.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 06:55:38 PM
Does anyone else see this as well?  My eyes aren't playing tricks on me, are they?

I thought everyone noticed there was a creature in it, from way back on the old low resolution footage? ??? Seemed a bit obvious.

It's neither a facehugger nor chestburster, though. You can see either thin, crustacean-like limbs or 'bent' antenna. It just has a similar aesthetic, that's all.

Quote from: Alienhunter15 on Dec 19, 2011, 07:43:44 PM
Is that acid blood on is helmet?

It needn't be acidic blood. In fact, if they're carrying through the ancient Egyptian analogy properly, it could well be a form of corrosive gas set in a trap to deter cosmic grave-robbers. In other words, not from a creature, but from a device.

That's the sort of thing which used to be found in pyramids, after all.

Quote from: Black on Dec 19, 2011, 09:59:08 PM
Whoever this is seems to be picking something up in this shot

Or is standing up after being knocked down.

Quote from: Eldritch on Dec 19, 2011, 09:55:15 PM
This will be so "!#%ยค epic I cannot believe it.. Come Thursday :)

Yes, well... Don't get too excited - remember how everyone loved the advert for 'Requiem', too. :)

I've got a feeling that too many people are hyping themselves up so much that they might be disappointed with what they see.

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 19, 2011, 10:02:56 PM
This construct looks to be in a smaller room than what we've seen - the 'brains' of the giant head maybe?

Spoiler
[close]

-Chris

Looks like the SJ room to me.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Spoiler
[close]

-Chris

Hate to be a debbie downer, but from a scientific standpoint, this hologram does not make much sense.  If it is a representation of our solar system, it doesn't make sense, as all major planets (and dwarf planets) orbit our sun pretty much along the plane of the ecliptic.  This "hologram" shows orbits along multiple angles/trajectories.

On the other hand, if it is a "star chart", it makes even less sense, since the circular lines are showing "closed" orbits, and other stellar systems do not orbit our Sun.

So, I am a bit perplexed (as a scientist)...but on the other hand, realize this is "just a movie, and I really should just relax".

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

I think it's the room where they find the coordinates of the Space Jockeys' Planet.

MemphisRains

Awesome spots=) In Ridley we trust!

thetias

thetias

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 19, 2011, 10:01:45 PM
Maybe i'am wrong.. but doesn't this shape look much more compact..as all the other clouds ?? could this be a space craft ?

Yes looks like it.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 10:10:07 PMHate to be a debbie downer, but from a scientific standpoint, this hologram does not make much sense.  If it is a representation of our solar system, it doesn't make sense, as all major planets (and dwarf planets) orbit our sun pretty much along the plane of the ecliptic.  This "hologram" shows orbits along multiple angles/trajectories.

There is no reason for it to be our solar system. Could be anywhere.

-Chris

RagingDragon

I.
Am.
So.
Excited........

davo1980

davo1980

Quote from: Black on Dec 19, 2011, 09:59:08 PM
Whoever this is seems to be picking something up in this shot

I think you may be right -
Could it be the object on the floor in the ampule room?

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 10:10:07 PM

Spoiler
[close]

-Chris

Hate to be a debbie downer, but from a scientific standpoint, this hologram does not make much sense.  If it is a representation of our solar system, it doesn't make sense, as all major planets (and dwarf planets) orbit our sun pretty much along the plane of the ecliptic.  This "hologram" shows orbits along multiple angles/trajectories.

On the other hand, if it is a "star chart", it makes even less sense, since the circular lines are showing "closed" orbits, and other stellar systems do not orbit our Sun.

So, I am a bit perplexed (as a scientist)...but on the other hand, realize this is "just a movie, and I really should just relax".

Or it is a representation of something else? "Atomic scale" representation of... something?

But yes, astronomically doesn't make much sense (if our solar system) to me looking at it either... but also might be another system all together.

Regardless, SO PUMPED. CHRISTMAS IS COMING EARLY~!

Firestorm

Firestorm

That just looks like a weird cloud formation in that pic to me, but i could be wrong.

The pic with the duststorm defo shows someone picking an object up from the ground tho.

And yeah it may well be that object, who knows.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: RagingDragon on Dec 19, 2011, 10:13:35 PM
I.
Am.
So.
Excited........

And
I
Just
Can't
Hide
It ............

Spoiler

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed