Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 154,801 times)

Xerxész

Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 08, 2018, 04:45:51 PM
Spoiler
"Only the Predator Dog mentioned in the recent set visits remains".

I think that means there's only one dog left.
[close]

:'(

I think not.
Just look at the Funko dogs...they are 2. The Green, the good one, and the Red, the bad one.
Most likely... :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I just hope they kept
Spoiler
She-Woman with her doggo companion. That moment was so pulpy and awesome. Sexy and badass, lady.
[close]

EDIT: That was supposed to be a spoiler.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 08, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 08, 2018, 03:58:03 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 08, 2018, 03:56:19 PM
Honestly the dog stuff was pretty silly, i don't want to see that in the final movie. And regarding the loonies, i mean it's a predator movie, what else can you expect ? Maybe one will survive, but no more than one.

Exactly. It's what everyone expects, that's why I'd be open to something different for a change.

I mean it's coherent scenaristically
Spoiler
that they almost all bite it considering the odds they are facing, and turning the tables just for the sake of surprise doesn't make much sense
[close]

True enough. Just like it when there's good camaraderie, especially when it seems the cast gets along great, cause it translates onscreen. Bummer when they go. And with the master of humorous buddy action movies, you know there's gonna be characters where it will SUCK when they don't reach the finish line.

KiramidHead

I was very happy to see a bit of the decontamination scene from the script in multiple trailers. ;D

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 09, 2018, 12:26:07 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 08, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 08, 2018, 03:58:03 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 08, 2018, 03:56:19 PM
Honestly the dog stuff was pretty silly, i don't want to see that in the final movie. And regarding the loonies, i mean it's a predator movie, what else can you expect ? Maybe one will survive, but no more than one.

Exactly. It's what everyone expects, that's why I'd be open to something different for a change.

I mean it's coherent scenaristically
Spoiler
that they almost all bite it considering the odds they are facing, and turning the tables just for the sake of surprise doesn't make much sense
[close]

True enough. Just like it when there's good camaraderie, especially when it seems the cast gets along great, cause it translates onscreen. Bummer when they go. And with the master of humorous buddy action movies, you know there's gonna be characters where it will SUCK when they don't reach the finish line.

I feel ya but i guess
Spoiler
it will make the death scenes more intense and emotional, which is a good thing that Predators almost didn't had for exemple
[close]

Ramjet311

Not sure if the comment holds much weight, but i have read a comment from a guy who claims to have seen the movie in the last few days that there is a crazy twist at the end that sets up sequels??

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Aug 31, 2018, 11:11:20 AM
Not sure if the comment holds much weight, but i have read a comment from a guy who claims to have seen the movie in the last few days that there is a crazy twist at the end that sets up sequels??
Can't wait for a good Predator twist! Where did you read this?

The Shuriken

So in the script, for anyone that remembers, how was the Upgrade Predator defeated?

Xerxész

You are asking or saying? :)
Did this guy say something about that twist?

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 31, 2018, 11:35:01 AM
So in the script, for anyone that remembers, how was the Upgrade Predator defeated?

Quite an interesting way...as a result of a so-called team work. First Rory activates the Ark's shield which cuts Upgrade's arm (the right arm IIRC, the one on which he carries the harpoon weapon). Later McKenna finds the this arm and somehow uses the harpoon weapon against Upgrade. He hits him in Upgrade's leg. Casey arrives later with the self-desturctive dog collar and throws it onto Upgrade. It explodes and injures Upgrade seriously but he remains alive. A little "conversation" between McKenna and Upgrade and finally McKenna shoots Upgrade through his eye with his sniper rifle. That shot kills Upgrade.
Of course this process does not last for seconds...it is a longer scene.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 31, 2018, 12:19:09 PM

You are asking or saying? :)
Did this guy say something about that twist?

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 31, 2018, 11:35:01 AM

Quite an interesting way...as a result of a so-called team work. First Rory activates the Ark's shield which cuts Upgrade's arm (the right arm IIRC, the one on which he carries the harpoon weapon). Later McKenna finds the this arm and somehow uses the harpoon weapon against Upgrade. He hits him in Upgrade's leg. Casey arrives later with the self-desturctive dog collar and throws it onto Upgrade. It explodes and injures Upgrade seriously but he remains alive. A little "conversation" between McKenna and Upgrade and finally McKenna shoots Upgrade through his eye with his sniper rifle. That shot kills Upgrade.
Of course this process does not last for seconds...it is a longer scene.

Spoiler tag dude.

Xerxész

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 31, 2018, 12:37:54 PM
Spoiler tag dude.

This is a spoiler topic...displayed in topic name. No need for spoiler tag.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 31, 2018, 01:08:55 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 31, 2018, 12:37:54 PM
Spoiler tag dude.

This is a spoiler topic...displayed in topic name. No need for spoiler tag.

And yet the person who started the thread was courteous enough to lead off with one. All good, though.

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 08, 2018, 01:33:00 PM
Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 08, 2018, 07:27:44 AM
Thanks for you analyzing the script.  :)

Quote from: bacchus on Aug 08, 2018, 02:19:35 AMWhat I liked:
Spoiler

• The whole set-piece involving the fighter jets pursuing the Predator's ship before it crashes whilst still cloaked sounds like it will be amazing to see on a big screen
[close]

I really hope it's still in the movie after reshoots...

Spoiler
It's the crash landing of the Upgrade's ship (mother ship),
[close]
so it still has to be in the film.
The 2nd
Spoiler
F22 scene, which takes place between the Ark and the jets (rockets against the Ark, and the Ark retaliating)
[close]
is a more interesting question...I wonder if THIS scene remained in the final cut.

No need for spoiler tags, huh?

Xerxész

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 31, 2018, 02:25:42 PM

If you wanna argue then...just go on. I won't.
Do not tell me you haven't made any mistakes in your life.

No need for spoiler tag in a spoiler topic. Case closed.

Corporal Hicks

Enough please. There's a spoiler tag on the thread title. We don't enforce further tags inside.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 31, 2018, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 31, 2018, 02:25:42 PM

If you wanna argue then...just go on. I won't.
Do not tell me you haven't made any mistakes in your life.

No need for spoiler tag in a spoiler topic. Case closed.

Didn't mean to make you mad. Just was wondering what made you leave off the tag this time. Also wondering why you wrote "No need for spoiler tag," right after mentioning making a mistake about it.

Was the mistake leaving the tag on, or taking it off?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed