Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 154,778 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

IIRC that idea is not in the mix. But you never know, just in terms of theory.

Spoiler
In the script it's said the larger motive behind the 'bad' Predators trying to take our DNA - though they apparently upgrade themselves with all the optimum prey from different worlds - is because they want to be able to conquer and acclimate to Earth, abandoning their own dying homeworld and taking ours. By contrast, the nefarious black ops agents in the story also decide that gaining control of the Predators' hybridization tech is not a bad idea for humanity - using it to upgrade select 'important' humans who could then survive the ravages of climate change disaster yet to come.
[close]

The Alien Predator

I wonder why
Spoiler
they'd need to do that seeing as there's 400 billion star systems in the galaxy and lots of Earth like worlds have been discovered. Plus the details you shared says that they've discovered life on other worlds which they used to hybridise themselves so there's other life bearing worlds already.

They don't really need to bother with ours.

What does the script say about "good" Predators? I remember hearing there's some working with the government.
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

I assume it's about
Spoiler
relative proximity and certain conditions, but I'm not sure it's said either way. Their world is 'cooling' while ours is warming - they mean to take it and hybridizing themselves with human DNA allows them to acclimate. I can't recall if there is a distinction made as to why they simply seem to hybridize to upgrade themselves/their strengths for other worlds, but there is at least a faction of the 'classic' Predators which feels it's gone too far, hence the 'hero' Predator in the script. As it's said in the script, their M.O. has changed and there is 'dissension in the ranks'.

The other classic/'hero' Predators who show up later are housed at a government base - they 'defected' and contacted humans in order to alert them to the 'cold war' going on. They're allowed out at night to hunt. They communicate via a crude translation device.
[close]

skhellter

There were rumors of

Spoiler
Area 51 and Florida as locations in the story. Can you confirm, deny?
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

I can confirm.

skhellter

Solid.

Hope the film isnt affected by budget cuts.

Master

Spoiler
Turning one of the most distinct s-f plots into another generic alien invasion. Good God what a let down.
[close]
a

von

von

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 12, 2017, 07:19:19 PM
I assume it's about
Spoiler
relative proximity and certain conditions, but I'm not sure it's said either way. Their world is 'cooling' while ours is warming - they mean to take it and hybridizing themselves with human DNA allows them to acclimate. I can't recall if there is a distinction made as to why they simply seem to hybridize to upgrade themselves/their strengths for other worlds, but there is at least a faction of the 'classic' Predators which feels it's gone too far, hence the 'hero' Predator in the script. As it's said in the script, their M.O. has changed and there is 'dissension in the ranks'.

The other classic/'hero' Predators who show up later are housed at a government base - they 'defected' and contacted humans in order to alert them to the 'cold war' going on. They're allowed out at night to hunt. They communicate via a crude translation device.
[close]

Spoiler
thank you for sharing. I can see why you've earned the sentiment in your signature. You should have written the details of the first leak. Perhaps then the fanboys would have reacted more positively...

Not too long ago a Russian site leaked details of the script and the google translation of it gives a relatively good sense of the plot. It also specially mentions google translate itself lol. Is this "crude translation device" by any means it or a form of it?"
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

There is no direct mention of Google Translate that I can recall.

Also:
Spoiler
It's Area 52, not 51.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Are you sure
Spoiler
it's not Area 69?

Spoiler
Ok, I'll see myself out before the tomato throwing begins.  :laugh:
[close]
[close]

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Master on Apr 12, 2017, 07:58:49 PM
Spoiler
Turning one of the most distinct s-f plots into another generic alien invasion. Good God what a let down.
[close]
a

Yup, a huge letdown.I knew we got screwed up when they mentioned Spielberg as a source of inspiration, also
funny detail when Ebert made his crappy review of P2 he mentioned "It is not related to the gentle beings who came to visit us in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

SpeedyMaxx

There is a child protagonist (among other leads) and an adventure related to beings from outer space. But the similarities are pretty superficial. For example, Spielberg had a few less disembowelments in E.T.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 12, 2017, 09:23:54 PM
There is a child protagonist (among other leads) and an adventure related to beings from outer space. But the similarities are pretty superficial. For example, Spielberg had a few less disembowelments in E.T.

The similarities are not superficial since
Spoiler
the preds help the humans out
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

Yes, E.T. also disembowled people and used heavy weaponry. Same thing, really.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 12, 2017, 10:56:12 PM
Yes, E.T. also disembowled people and used heavy weaponry. Same thing, really.

E.T was friendly that's my point.There are also other similarities.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed