Alien Resurrection What Happened?

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Oct 02, 2022, 06:02:29 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection What Happened? (Read 6,195 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Hasn't cold forges idea essentially been around going all the way back to Gibson's screenplays? 

SM

SM

There is a scene where the show Alien DNA interacting with human tissue I think, but I don't remember if it's in the context of forming a chestburster or The Change (TM).

BlueMarsalis79

It is definitely not a Chestburster.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2024, 11:12:49 PMThere is a scene where the show Alien DNA interacting with human tissue I think, but I don't remember if it's in the context of forming a chestburster or The Change (TM).

Is it this?

QuoteThe alien form makes contact with the human DNA.  The transformation is shockingly swift, but its stages can still be followed:  the thing seems to pull itself into and through the coils, and for an instant the two are meshed, locked, and then the final stage.  A new shape glows, a hybrid; the green and red beads have been altered beyond recognition.

FOX

Like a high-speed viral takeover...!  What's the real-time duration on this, Trent?

TULLY

(from the shadows beyond the glowing cube)

That was it. What you see is what you get. That's how fast it is...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I seemed to remember them exploiting whatever made the Aliens growth so virulent in the Gibson screenplay, by dismissing the egg and using spores.  That is probably another reason why I never was impressed with Prometheus............because I'd read that idea already in the universe a decade before its release in those scripts.  The origin is different, but the idea is the same. 

I got about a third of the way through the Alien 3 Gibson novelization, maybe its time to finish it. 

SM

SM

If you've seen the Special Edition then that's pretty much the novelisation.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 04, 2024, 01:14:25 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2024, 11:12:49 PMThere is a scene where the show Alien DNA interacting with human tissue I think, but I don't remember if it's in the context of forming a chestburster or The Change (TM).

Is it this?

QuoteThe alien form makes contact with the human DNA.  The transformation is shockingly swift, but its stages can still be followed:  the thing seems to pull itself into and through the coils, and for an instant the two are meshed, locked, and then the final stage.  A new shape glows, a hybrid; the green and red beads have been altered beyond recognition.

FOX

Like a high-speed viral takeover...!  What's the real-time duration on this, Trent?

TULLY

(from the shadows beyond the glowing cube)

That was it. What you see is what you get. That's how fast it is...

Yeah that's the one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was one of those things that needed sorting in the third draft. If I remember rightly, it's never established that Anchorpoint had tinkered with the Alien DNA and they end up with the wildly different spore life cycle, but it's stated that Rodina had made some changes to the Alien DNA so they'd mature faster.

razeak

razeak

The story about the cheat code has pushed the price up on A:R for PS1. I'm glad I've had my copy for so long lol.

Whiskeybrewer

Ive never played A:R sadly. only remember the trailer from before the Alien VHS boxset lol

Wweyland

Wweyland

Good thing the game didn't get canceled, even though it was released years after the movie.
One of the most underrated Alien games, for sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed