DEFINING CANON IN AN ALIEN WORLD(From RPG Writer & Franchise Consultant D Gaska)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 13, 2020, 08:58:12 AM

Author
DEFINING CANON IN AN ALIEN WORLD(From RPG Writer & Franchise Consultant D Gaska) (Read 18,633 times)

BlueMarsalis79

SM

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 08, 2021, 01:05:03 PM
Like what?

Turn half of 'em into eggs and half - into hosts for his precious children, of course

BlueMarsalis79

It's all in the execution but the idea alone's not that terrifying in of itself to me honestly.

[cancerblack]

It's not terrifying, it's kinky, according to olm8 Necro.

Xenomrph

BlueMarsalis79

judge death

Alien 3 and alien resurrection makes it clear all known encounters with xenomorphs stopped as ripley tookt he species out. but that means all known, we still have the derelight ship on lv 426 and then the planets we visited, we all just have to make sure those meetings between alien 3 and alien resurrection dont get any survivors or is secret and never revealed and it works.
Limiting but its doable and cant just ignore those movies and expanded material in my eyes :P Terminator franchise show how bad it goes if you start rewriting and ignoring movies and doing whatever xD

Not a fan of the xenomorphs being made by David in the last 20 years but I think someone named those to be plagiarist Internecivus raptus, Davids copy of the original, unknownst to him, which the novel and other material seem to indicate, which would leave the door open for david to be creator of xenos and them being ancients as the same time, some of the paper rolls in the covenant movie seem to indicate this, but the movie says david made them so depends on what one follow.

But im starting to think that what happened with star wars and what the rpg book writer said: the canon is up to each fan to make, or else disney will have to go in and make certain what is canon and what is legends like what they did to star wars and make it very clear.

Someday when I get the time I will write down my own head canon on the forum with pictures, time line etc and including as much as possible of all games, books, comics and movies and how it fits together in my head :P

BlueMarsalis79

Plagiarus Preapotens: The original Trilogy Alien.
Plagiarus Linesteres: The Praetomorph.
Whether one's related to the other's up for interpretation in my opinion.

judge death

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 25, 2021, 07:52:09 AM
Ahh thank you! :D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 25, 2021, 07:52:09 AM

So we could say that Plagiarus Linesteres is a recreation of the even older Plagiarus Preapotens

Kailem

As far as the rpg is concerned it leaves it open to interpretation. It just makes it clear that the ones we see in Covenant aren't the same as the ones we see in any of the other movies (they're also classified as "Stalkers" as opposed to "Drones", "Warriors", "Runners" etc.).

But given that I'm one of those who dislikes the idea that David created the Alien period, that's the interpretation I like to go with, yes.

BlueMarsalis79

I like the idea, but I prefer the ambiguity over even that, and I appreciate the phenotype differentiation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed