Interview Questions for Steve Perry

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 06, 2024, 09:48:49 AM

Author
Interview Questions for Steve Perry (Read 1,745 times)

Corporal Hicks

We're going to be chatting to Steve Perry for an upcoming podcast episode soon. As always, I just wanted to give folk the opportunity to submit any questions they had.  :)

Stitch

It's there anything he'd have looked to have written in the series that he never got a chance to or was shot down by the licensors?

Wweyland

Any plans for new books?
How does he feel about the post Aliens sequels?

jacobo1122

Since Steve wrote both comic adaptations and original story for Alien and Predator series, how much different is adapting comic books to novel format than making your own storyline? Wchich approach He thinks is more difficult and  wchich one He prefers?

Neila

Neila

I liked his aliens novels.
But HATE his AvP Prey Novel.
asks him why he portrays the alien in his AvP novel and in the interviews on AvP-R as a dull creature without a brain ????

razeak

Besides the flims, what other places did he get inspiration from?

oduodu

what does he think of the prequels and what would he have changed if he could?

SM

SM

Quote from: Neila on Mar 12, 2024, 04:25:42 PMI liked his aliens novels.
But HATE his AvP Prey Novel.
asks him why he portrays the alien in his AvP novel and in the interviews on AvP-R as a dull creature without a brain ????

Because he thinks they have an IQ equivalent to a dog.

SiL

SiL

Except the Queen, which is like 160 or something.

Neither of which makes sense. It's meaningless to give anything non human a human IQ test and one for Aliens would be weighted for them.

SM

SM

Quite.

160 IQ and didn't twig that she should maybe move out when the AP started to melt down.

Retropocalypse

Please ask him if he has any sway in getting his DH Press novels re-published, I'd love to handle a physical copy.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Mar 12, 2024, 10:26:01 PMExcept the Queen, which is like 160 or something.

Neither of which makes sense. It's meaningless to give anything non human a human IQ test and one for Aliens would be weighted for them.

I do like some of the Rez novelisation stuff implying that the (admittedly hybrid) Queen kind of "gets" things like function and signage in a vague but very literal way. Agreed that IQ is dubious as anything beyond a rough guide at the best of times and applying it to something that doesn't think like us is futile.

Neila

Neila

Look, It is clear to me that the xeno is not a hyper-intelligent being. I don't want him to start talking or anything. It's still kind of a beast and that's a good thing. But this creature also has a certain basic intelligence, sometimes more, sometimes less, and that makes it unpredictable and dangerous.
But Perry describes it in a very derogatory way and thereby takes away the threat from the xeno.

I don't know the guy's name, but there was someone else in the AVP-R making-of who said that the xenos were relatively easy to kill because they always seemed to behave the same way.
So it is not a real threat as described.
The predator is described here as extremely intelligent and Perry loses himself in the worship of the predator race in his novel.

I mean, if we fans tease each other a little bit, that's okay and shouldn't be taken too seriously.
Intelligence also varies among Preds. I also say that Feral was pretty stupid.
But that's just from one fan to another.

It's different with Perry because he conveys a public image of the creature with his novels and statements.

Then just write predator novels, but stop insulting alien fans with your favoritism by portraying the xeno as an idiot.

Add games like Fireteam Elite and A:CM where the xenos are really stupid, then you shouldn't be surprised if our xeno becomes a laughingstock.

(Maybe I'm seeing it all too narrowly)

Too much bullshit has been accepted by the rights holders and someone needs to come and fix things.

SM

SM

AvP Prey was pretty ace.

oduodu

oduodu

i have always wondered: does the human skull (inside a xeno ) contain a human brain (fully developed )?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed