Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,267 times)

Danversity

Danversity

I honestly don't think the hold up is because Fox "isn't confident on the film" because, well... that doesn't make any sense. If you're not confident that your film is going to be a hit, you don't hold the marketing for that reason, you invest more and more on marketing so you convince people to go see the movie. That's pretty much what Warner did with Suicide Squad. And also... Remember Fant4stic? I seriously doubt that Fox had the least confidence on that movie, and it had regular marketing just like any other.

The hyopthesis that come to my mind are... Either they're using this growing anticipation for the trailer as a marketing strategy - smaller movies have done that before, but I don't put all my chips on that option -, or the reshoots just put them in the most difficult timeframe possible to start marketing the film, with Avengers being the hot topic of the moment, and their only possible way out of this is attaching the trailer to Deadpool 2.

Highland

Highland

There's not much point in hyping up a movie nobody asked for, so I think it's better to save the cash there if it were my business. Hit it hard 2-3 weeks before with a trailer and some TV spots, maybe a making of doco on youtube or something.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Highland on May 05, 2018, 01:47:00 AM
There's not much point in hyping up a movie nobody asked for, so I think it's better to save the cash there if it were my business. Hit it hard 2-3 weeks before with a trailer and some TV spots, maybe a making of doco on youtube or something.

Pretty sure some fans asked for it. Myself included. But even if they hadn't, that's complete bull. Supposedly, nobody asked for a new Star Wars trilogy, and still. If the movie industry depended only on what people "ask for", it wouldn't go anywhere at all.

Quote from: Danversity on May 05, 2018, 01:51:42 AM

Pretty sure some fans asked for it. Myself included. But even if they hadn't, that's complete bull. Supposedly, nobody asked for a new Star Wars trilogy, and still. If the movie industry depended only on what people "ask for", it wouldn't go anywhere at all.

Wait I think I misunderstood your comment, yeah it makes sense. But still I think if they had hyped the movie in a regular marketing timeframe, it would've worked out. It worked wonders for It, and that was a movie that people didn't necessarily ask for

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

The problem with that logic is that the film needs to make money even if nobody asked for it, and it can't make any money if nobody knows it's coming.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Huggs on May 04, 2018, 10:54:59 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on May 04, 2018, 07:49:25 PM
Just asked Mr shane on Facebook to stop f**king around and give us the damn trailer. He replied by liking my comment. LoL

Diabolical!   :laugh:
:-)

skhellter

skhellter

Deleted.

I expect the users of this forum to act like adults and treat others with respect, even if they don't agree with what they're saying. If you're incapable of that, don't come here. It's that simple. Please consider this a first warning.

Hicks.

skull-splitter

Quote from: skhellter on May 05, 2018, 10:04:47 AM
Quote from: Lionhart on May 04, 2018, 07:49:25 PM
Just asked Mr shane on Facebook to stop f**king around and give us the damn trailer. He replied by liking my comment. LoL

.....why are you dumb motherf**kers pestering the director with shit like this?
It's not up to him when the trailers get released at all.

I fully expect Shane to delete his twitter and block tons of people on facebook around the film's release...

because... damn... the Manbabies are gonna be out in full force.

To show support.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Deleted.

I expect the users of this forum to act like adults and treat others with respect. If you're incapable of that, don't come here. It's that simple. Please consider this a first warning.

Hicks.

What's the facebooklink of Shane Black? Can't find it anywhere.

SiL

SiL

"Stop f**king around and give us a trailer" isn't showing support, it's showing entitlement.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: SiL on May 05, 2018, 12:30:48 PM
"Stop f**king around and give us a trailer" isn't showing support, it's showing entitlement.

I am sure Mr Black didnt take my comment as serious as some of you lame asses around here are doing. Why would he even like my comment in the first place?

skhellter

skhellter

He was being polite.

SiL

SiL

More to the point, why are you being so aggressive? Can you not talk without trying to insult people?

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: SiL on May 05, 2018, 12:53:46 PM
More to the point, why are you being so aggressive? Can you not talk without trying to insult people?
More to the point on why you sound bitter? What's wrong? Tell me? You don't like my comment? Don't reply, simple as that:-)

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: skhellter on May 05, 2018, 12:51:49 PM
He was being polite.

Shane is a true class act. I've seen him respond to rude Twitter users in very professional ways. Simply liking a Facebook comment is another polite way of acknowledging a misinformed fanboy comment without blowing up so good on him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed