Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 122,238 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Project X on May 09, 2018, 08:04:25 PM
Not sure thats a shot of the actual Pred Vision guys, looks like a basic filter has been whacked over the screen of Jake Busey for effect.

Could be wrong, i hope i'm not because it looks like sh*t lol

Yeah, I think you're right given Tremblay's post too.

azamultic

azamultic

Oh shooot, look at that gountlet on the boy))))) I dig the design

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Project X on May 09, 2018, 08:04:25 PM
Not sure thats a shot of the actual Pred Vision guys, looks like a basic filter has been whacked over the screen of Jake Busey for effect.

Could be wrong, i hope i'm not because it looks like sh*t lol

No, mate; the leaked script said the Preds now have glaucoma.

Not sold on the gauntlet design, TBH.

Looks too much like something from Predators. The tech is 'sleek' in comparison to the Jungle Hunter's gauntlet.

azamultic

azamultic

Funk master chunk. In defense of the design, with time passing, everything getting much more slick(talking about design). Also counting that first predator came out in 1987. My fevourite was predator 2 design, that design was trully unique.

Also this design does have some medieval elements, which I think is good

Corporal Hicks

I'm liking the combination of the bronze and the silver. It works well for me.

azamultic

azamultic

Corporal Hicks agree  :)

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: azamultic on May 09, 2018, 08:18:59 PM
Funk master chunk. In defense of the design, with time passing, everything getting much more slick(talking about design). Also counting that first predator came out in 1987. My fevourite was predator 2 design, that design was trully unique.

Agree RE: actual design progressing 'IRL' etc. but we're talking about the Predators, here.  The stocky wrist computer was/is as classic as the Jungle & City Hunters, IMO.

I appreciate the need to modernise, but half the reason for the imminent backlash of this film is because it falls well within the "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" category.

They need to give us a good no, great, story in which the classic preds are the focus. No modernisation of the gear. No weird weapons. No Xenomorphs. No shit. Just a good action/horror with the Pred being the big bad.

Classic Pred + Good story = Recipe for success

azamultic

azamultic

Agree on a lot of stuff, but the thing is that designers, concept artist go throug a lot of ittirations, and usually art director get assignment from the producers and directors to modernise or change already established design. Its not good or not bad, its just the part of the industry. The rule is still keep something old, or siluethe so viewers will recognize, but dont stand at the same point(design, story etc)

Jesscobb

Jesscobb

Trailer tmrw.... Netflix in July.. lol

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on May 09, 2018, 07:39:38 PM
Holy sh*t I love that last pic Corporal!!!! Trevante looks great. Nice find too, Stealth Hunter! I'm all smiles right now  ;D

Yeah badass ! I would love to hear now the people who said the cast wasn't badass looking... And i need to see the gauntlet from other angles, but as of right now i dig it...

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 09, 2018, 07:39:30 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2018, 07:33:37 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on May 09, 2018, 07:30:13 PM
https://twitter.com/TheJakeBusey/status/994295911185608704?s=20

Is this something we can take as certain?

The actors aren't typically aware of the advertising schedule but perhaps he knows something? The bottom does look like a still though...

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 09, 2018, 07:31:45 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2018, 07:21:05 PM
Speak for yourself!  :P I'm a UKian and I don't. lol

Where abouts, mate?

I'm Northern (Liverpool) and we say "The Predator", "The Avengers",  "The ASDA" etc.

Odd bunch, admittedly.

I'm in the midlands. It's so weird to me to read "the ASDA". lol  :laugh:

Another one!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">.........9/14 <a href="https://t.co/LgRY1WCS8J">pic.twitter.com/LgRY1WCS8J</a></p>— Trevante Rhodes (@_Trevante_) <a href="https://twitter.com/_Trevante_/status/994299105340882944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They look like they're on "the Ark" ;) there:

Spoiler

Don't recall Holbrook, the kid, the girl plus 3 others being on there in the script - unless I'm wrong?

Could be big, big changes to the script on the back of these reshoots?
[close]

Yeah that never happened in the script

Corporal Hicks

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: azamultic on May 09, 2018, 08:32:41 PM
Agree on a lot of stuff, but the thing is that designers, concept artist go throug a lot of ittirations, and usually art director get assignment from the producers and directors to modernise or change already established design. Its not good or not bad, its just the part of the industry. The rule is still keep something old, or siluethe so viewers will recognize, but dont stand at the same point(design, story etc)

Yeah I agree with that in, say, the way most (if not all) other films should modernise - MCU, for example, has done a great job of updating the suits/weapons etc. for their heroes.

I just don't think the Pred needs the same treatment, if I'm being honest.

We had 2 great films to kick the franchise off; then a lot of guff. If the leaked script is anything to go by, and I think it is; then I fear we're treading similar ground to Predators.

I think the franchise needs to go back to basics.

You're 100% right in the natural evolution of the industry, though. I just worry it might spell the beginning of the end for something we've held dear for some time.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It looks like the Predator heat vision finally got a decent upgrade.

azamultic

azamultic

Funk master chunk I totally understand your point sir. And i do miss old school, or tribal designs from the first two movies. But after avp, avpr abd predators I just happy to see another try on this franchise and hope it will bring at least a little bit of some cool things.  ;)

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: azamultic on May 09, 2018, 08:46:09 PM
Funk master chunk I totally understand your point sir. And i do miss old school, or tribal designs from the first two movies. But after avp, avpr abd predators I just happy to see another try on this franchise and hope it will bring at least a little bit of some cool things.  ;)

Very true.

Some of the things in the script excited me, if I'm being honest. Potential for some good set pieces in there for sure.

I just want our Predator back. Feel like he hasn't had a good enough outing since P2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed