Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,225 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: AmazSpiderMan1 on Feb 28, 2012, 11:51:03 PM
That Jon Spaihts' twitter quote doesn't sound like he's saying they purposely are changing the canon, rather that the canon is already a mess, and they just wanted to tell a good story. Everybody is putting too much thought into this, as if Ridley and co. are trying to "erase" the AVP movies. They couldn't give a shit.
I'll drink to this, but beware sir, nothing simple and easy can withstand the analysis capable of happening on the internet.

The depths go well beyond simple overthinking, into a realm of true horror.  I abandoned my faith in Occams Razor long ago.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: AmazSpiderMan1 on Feb 28, 2012, 11:51:03 PMEverybody is putting too much thought into this, as if Ridley and co. are trying to "erase" the AVP movies. They couldn't give a shit.

I disagree. It wouldn't of been that hard to work around the AVP stuff or at least leave it to the side, but they didn't. Instead they have completely replaced a fundamental character in the AVP timeline.

As far as Prometheus is concerned, AVP never happened. They are now completely separate universes.

-Chris

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 28, 2012, 11:43:21 PM
Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Feb 28, 2012, 10:53:29 PM
Jeah, http://bit.ly/tgwQvj  :laugh:

Is this the link in that picture? Was struggling to make it out.

I absolutely love the video. Loved Weyland's ending line. Loved Pearce's performance. Starting to get more stoked.

Totally agree.

mastermoon

mastermoon

What is Jon Spaihts talking about?.

Quote"We tried not to violate canon wherever possible; but the canon's not completely coherent and in the end story wins."

Is Peter Weyland not even in the movie?, is that what he is trying to say?.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I find it really interesting that they(Peter Weyland) just put it out there, in terms of discussing blatantly the story of Prometheus. It's intriguing to see the myth so obviously. Also...the viral piece was lit like Ridley Scott picture...it may have been a bit low budget but it was beautifully photographed.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: mastermoon on Feb 29, 2012, 12:22:56 AM
What is Jon Spaihts talking about?.

Quote"We tried not to violate canon wherever possible; but the canon's not completely coherent and in the end story wins."

Is Peter Weyland not even in the movie?, is that what he is trying to say?.

He is in the movie, because Guy Pearce is in the movie.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 29, 2012, 12:24:01 AMI find it really interesting that they(Peter Weyland) just put it out there, in terms of discussing blatantly the story of Prometheus. It's intriguing to see the myth so obviously.

Same here. Now we know who challenges the gods. It couldn't be more clear that human arrogance plays the role of the proverbial Prometheus.

-Chris

Ash 937

Ash 937

Each individual fan can pick and choose what they feel is canon.

I, for one, will not consider Prometheus as canon for the beginning of the Alien saga.  I already have the AvP films to serve that need for myself.

It doesn't matter what anyone else says. 

Stop hating.

Cvalda

Cvalda

At least one thing is reassuring about this viral video: as much I think Lindelof comes across as a smarmy egotist and as overrated as Lost was, that speech is surprisingly well written. Let's hope the film itself follows suit.

bioweapon

bioweapon

Quote from: tacksoap on Feb 28, 2012, 11:30:52 PM
the past is more advanced than the future
wow where have a seen this concept george lucus.
the mention of internet ruins the technological basis that alien had.
the first alien just looks like they discovered alien technology in the 70s, hence the gritty old computers and bizare spaceship designs, now all i can think of is twitter, stupid spirit crushing mainstream shit, and the new star wars movies
feels relayed with avp

i hope this has little to no connection with the actual movie

feel the same way. would be cool if they force it someways to look pre-alien tech.

i feel the timeline has problems. at 2023 they already send private human missions. in 50 years the prometheus thing happens and in 30 more years the alien. so 80 years to develop this mining industries and send humans to another star when u have at least 5 planets bigger than earth in the same solar system. so from begining everything was wrong so wrong

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 29, 2012, 12:33:06 AM
At least one thing is reassuring about this viral video: as much I think Lindelof comes across as a smarmy egotist and as overrated as Lost was, that speech is surprisingly well written. Let's hope the film itself follows suit.

I agree, but unfortunately speech writing does not equate to good dialogue.  But i'm remaining optimistic.  :)

FUBAR1945

FUBAR1945

I guess Charles Bishop Weyland is not the owner of Weyland, he is just a android like he really should be (Alien 2 and 3)  :-\

Btw take a look at this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

Strange :S

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 29, 2012, 12:13:18 AM
Quote from: AmazSpiderMan1 on Feb 28, 2012, 11:51:03 PMEverybody is putting too much thought into this, as if Ridley and co. are trying to "erase" the AVP movies. They couldn't give a shit.

I disagree. It wouldn't of been that hard to work around the AVP stuff or at least leave it to the side, but they didn't. Instead they have completely replaced a fundamental character in the AVP timeline.

As far as Prometheus is concerned, AVP never happened. They are now completely separate universes.

-Chris
Anything you do related to Alien will involve the Weyland corporation, be it alone or WY.

The biggest problem I see with trying to be consistent with AvP canon is that the movie had so many other canonical flaws.  You're kind of cherry-picking to say "it doesn't fit with AvP Wayland" when nothing else in AvP fits anywhere either.  The entire movie was a canon/timeline disaster with no forethought to the consequences.

Why should a serious filmmaker like Ridley Scott make the effort to accommodate the canon of a movie that took no effort to be consistent itself?  It would only be further disrespect to the saga, imo.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: FUBAR1945 on Feb 29, 2012, 12:38:26 AM
I guess Charles Bishop Weyland is not the owner of Weyland shou, he is just a android likeld be (Alien 2 and 3)  :-\

Btw take a look at this:

I don't know what you are exactly pointing out, but IMDB is very behind the times and full of nonsense.  According to them, Patrick Wilson is still Charles Weyland (even after he personally said he wasnt) and that Guy Pearce is portraying "Stannison."

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: FUBAR1945 on Feb 29, 2012, 12:38:26 AM
I guess Charles Bishop Weyland is not the owner of Weyland, he is just a android like he really should be (Alien 2 and 3)  :-\

Btw take a look at this:

more imdb rubbish. patrick wilson has already denied it on twitter.

thanks

rich

As intriguing as this Guy Pearce 'Peter Weyland' viral publicity footage was -

I'm pretty sure that most of you will wake up tomorrow morning and in the cold light of day realise what a hokey piece of internet sh!t it truly was.

I hope to Christ that the actual movie has more dignity than this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed