Dan T Talks Prey 2

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Aug 09, 2023, 06:34:05 PM

Author
Dan T Talks Prey 2 (Read 11,425 times)

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

In a recent interview, it was nice to see Dan acknowledge both Arnold and Danny Glover and say there's still time for them both to come back in a sequel. I'm sure they'd both be up for it so long as they were given actual roles in whatever project it could hypothetically be, and not just cameos.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Arnold living in a cabin whilst Danny leads OWLF will always be my pick.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I would be fine with a scene similar to what Edward James Olmos had in Blade Runner 2049.
A respectable conversation in a retirement home.

SiL

SiL

Arnie wouldn't, hence never coming back. He wants an actual role.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2023, 12:47:58 PMArnie wouldn't, hence never coming back. He wants an actual role.

In all this time, has he never been offered one for a Predator sequel?

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 28, 2023, 12:56:25 PM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2023, 12:47:58 PMArnie wouldn't, hence never coming back. He wants an actual role.

After the plan for him to lead Predator 2 fell through, and Predator 3 went into development hell, cameos at the end of Predators and The Predator were either discussed or offered.
I think it's very telling that he came back for Predator: Hunting Grounds though, I feel like the game's audio tapes played a big part in that decision. It allowed him to do something more than just sign off on his likeness and recording a couple clips for gameplay.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Aug 28, 2023, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 28, 2023, 12:56:25 PM

After the plan for him to lead Predator 2 fell through, and Predator 3 went into development hell, cameos at the end of Predators and The Predator were either discussed or offered.
I think it's very telling that he came back for Predator: Hunting Grounds though, I feel like the game's audio tapes played a big part in that decision. It allowed him to do something more than just sign off on his likeness and recording a couple clips for gameplay.
I believe there was an interview somewhere or I think a tweet from big A himself that he was glad to be back in the role doing something big. Which it is pretty big than simple cameos because we get to see his story expand beyond 87 from a mercenary to a dedicated Predator Hunter.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

makes sense to me, make every entry in a franchise it's own complete thing.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Aug 28, 2023, 12:53:50 AMIn a recent interview, it was nice to see Dan acknowledge both Arnold and Danny Glover and say there's still time for them both to come back in a sequel. I'm sure they'd both be up for it so long as they were given actual roles in whatever project it could hypothetically be, and not just cameos.

Don't get me wrong, I love Arnie and Glover in their classic Predator roles. But here's the thing:

What kind of actual roles do you guys envision for Arnie and Glover? Both actors are now well into the elderly age category. So them going mano-a-mano with the Predator again is going to strech crediblity to the breaking point. I mean two old geezers reprising the sort of physical no-holds-barred style of fight we saw in Pred and Pred 2 is asking a lot of the audience, even for Hollywood.  So what kind of roles will work now that both of them have since long past their prime?

I suppose its possible both Arnie and Glover's character can be some sort of elder statesman/advisor/mentor role to the main lead. Given their prior experience surviving the Predator encounters, no doubt they would have valuable experience to share. But is that really "actual roles"? Do Arnie and Glover really want to be reduced to playing some stereotypical "wise old men" supporting role in the background while the main lead hogs all the glory?

Its what Dan himself said, he wants something "cool", something that is still very much Predator, but something we haven't seen before. What would that mean for Arnie and Glover?

Nightmare Asylum

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Trying to find out what details its got.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: Cougerboy on Sep 28, 2023, 02:54:40 PMo Arnie and Glover really want to be reduced to playing some stereotypical "wise old men" supporting role in the background while the main lead hogs all the glory?
yes.because them acting out action heroes would only work in an animated series or a video game. Fullstop.
Elderly....well that means they would need to fess up to another person in the starring role seat  and even if Arnie and Glover steals the show, it would have to be an engrossing script are a 10part tv series with lots involved with them. Arnold proved that he could do a tv series. Glover, I"m sure he could too as a supporting cast. With the material in Predator: Stalking Shadows, possibly there is enough material hear for him to be involved.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Sep 28, 2023, 09:55:52 PM
Quote from: Cougerboy on Sep 28, 2023, 02:54:40 PMo Arnie and Glover really want to be reduced to playing some stereotypical "wise old men" supporting role in the background while the main lead hogs all the glory?
With the material in Predator: Stalking Shadows, possibly there is enough material hear for him to be involved.

True, that would be interesting indeed...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2023, 05:13:01 PM"Prey 2" is listed in this week's Production Weekly:

https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1369-thursday-september-28-2023-155-listings-33-pages/

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2023, 08:55:08 PMTrying to find out what details its got.

Just says it's in development. But it's possible this is the gossipy kind of aspect of Production Weekly coming into it, taking Dan's recent comments into account so I wouldn't get too excited or do a news post on this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed