Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 21, 2015, 02:48:51 PM

Author
Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2 (Read 75,624 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 23, 2015, 08:08:29 PMI was watching Furious Gods a couple weeks back, and I couldn't help but think about how rushed/awkward the Giger segment was. It's like they brought him in, showed him some designs, and pushed him out the door.

I still really need to see that. I just can't bring myself to shell out on the 3D Blu-ray of a film I don't really want just for a documentary.

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2015, 08:20:02 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 23, 2015, 08:08:29 PMI was watching Furious Gods a couple weeks back, and I couldn't help but think about how rushed/awkward the Giger segment was. It's like they brought him in, showed him some designs, and pushed him out the door.

I still really need to see that. I just can't bring myself to shell out on the 3D Blu-ray of a film I don't really want just for a documentary.

There was a sneaky link to it on another Prometheus forum - probably still being hosted online but I can't remember which forum it was. Pretty sure it was in a Furious Gods topic.

Darkness

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 23, 2015, 08:08:29 PM
I was watching Furious Gods a couple weeks back, and I couldn't help but think about how rushed/awkward the Giger segment was. It's like they brought him in, showed him some designs, and pushed him out the door.

Yeah, I believe I said that in my Bluray review. All felt like they only Giger in there for fan service only, whether he actually did anything or not. Completely wasted. He could have done proper designs for the precursors to the xenomorphs.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 23, 2015, 08:38:48 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 23, 2015, 08:08:29 PM
I was watching Furious Gods a couple weeks back, and I couldn't help but think about how rushed/awkward the Giger segment was. It's like they brought him in, showed him some designs, and pushed him out the door.

Yeah, I believe I said that in my Bluray review. All felt like they only Giger in there for fan service only, whether he actually did anything or not. Completely wasted. He could have done proper designs for the precursors to the xenomorphs.

What he designed was actually far more interesting, for the Deacon, I agree. But, I suppose they wanted to go in a more naturalistic route. Which is fine, it fits, but it is far more interesting

But another thing to consider, is interference from the Studio itself on what he designs can make it on screen, and/also how Giger could get carried away with redesign as was the case when he was brought on board in Alien 3. It's probably many reasons people aren't legally allowed to talk about but would know make others angry.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 23, 2015, 07:00:31 PM
Here is a video that Carlos Huante made of his unused Prometheus designs. Some awesomeness in there.
https://vimeo.com/55398895

And it's also a shame that it looks like Ridley Scott won't be allowing Blomkamp to touch the derelict in his Alien movie! Well that's what I assume is off limits as is mentioned in the new interview.

Son Of Kane

That's what I'm guessing as well, Derelict fine but you can't do things with the SJ.

T Dog

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 23, 2015, 10:30:43 PM
That's what I'm guessing as well, Derelict fine but you can't do things with the SJ.

Awwwww I want the big daddy jockey from Alien! :'( :'(

Born Of Cold Light

You know, if Ridley doesn't want to use all of the Huante xeno designs like various ultramorphs, Blomkamp should meld them into his own mythology.  If he's trying to create a film with an Alien feel to it, this could work quite well.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 23, 2015, 11:21:22 PM
You know, if Ridley doesn't want to use all of the Huante xeno designs like various ultramorphs, Blomkamp should meld them into his own mythology.  If he's trying to create a film with an Alien feel to it, this could work quite well.

Honestly I just want variations of the original two back for the Alien series, you need a reason in universe to go the Huante route.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 23, 2015, 11:25:46 PM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 23, 2015, 11:21:22 PM

Honestly I just want variations of the original two back for the Alien series, you need a reason in universe to go the Huante route.

That's essentially what one of the ultramorphs is, just much, much bigger.  It could be the final revelation of the adult form of the creature that burst out of the Space Jockey:

Posaible let down already

Posaible let down already

If the film doesn't have the Derelict Spacecraft  in the film like shown in the concept art, I'm not watching this in theaters perhaps may not buy or ever watch, its more essential to alien then Prometheus since it is featured in both alien & aliens.I will remember this as it could possible be taken oit, so no show in teaser or trailer then I have to resort too a review, ridley just allows things to be what the all to and just let go. The engineers should at least make a cameo they are responsible for all four films in the franchise ?. Don't turn off the fans blomkamp ridley & fox :(

T Dog

IF jockey tech and the jockey itself really is off limits then it'll be a crying shame. Blomkamp would be a great candidate to explore the jockey mythology more. Ridley Scott should just not be making movies anymore - his track record his too poor. I'd much rather someone else with a strong vision make Prometheus 2. I can only imagine how De-Gigered the jockey home-planet will be now.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 23, 2015, 06:32:22 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Mar 23, 2015, 05:24:38 PM
Quote from: Gash on Mar 23, 2015, 12:36:49 AM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 22, 2015, 02:34:12 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 22, 2015, 02:17:03 AM
When it comes down to it the big problem is that this AMAZINGNESS
http://i.stack.imgur.com/5AGwh.jpg

Became THIS dogshit
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/StBMEpWreGk/hqdefault.jpg

Not to mention how unbelievably generic and unoriginal the Engineer design became
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-hunters/2009/10/21/seth-sfivx-large.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080724142111/watchmen/images/7/7c/Doctor_Manhattan_(movie).jpg

Lol, this is just too dumb, I need to take a break from this discount forum.

Agreed. If people see the Engineers like that - ie nothing much like the Engineers at all, then they're missing the point.

The one definite plus this film has, is Scott as producer. But I'm expecting more from Prom 2 than Alien: whatever.

Well said.

Have your own smug opinions if you want but encouraging mediocre designs and the de-Gigerisation of this series will be detrimental to it!

well said specifically referred to "But I'm expecting more from Prom 2 than Alien". i dont think it was dogshit but i understand the sentiment. i also do not like the "de gigerisation" as such but ridley gave instructions for that to happen.

what can you say about it really ?? i myself still think that engineers and sj's must be two entities but that's been defeated and thats that. ridley wanted it that way as in engineers equals sj.

what can you do but hope.

i just hope that alien 5 does specifically go back to the atmosphere and elements - original sj egg morphing derelict interior gierverse if you will and does not persue the engineer influence.

who knows.....

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 24, 2015, 10:23:28 AM
IF jockey tech and the jockey itself really is off limits then it'll be a crying shame. Blomkamp would be a great candidate to explore the jockey mythology more. Ridley Scott should just not be making movies anymore - his track record his too poor. I'd much rather someone else with a strong vision make Prometheus 2. I can only imagine how De-Gigered the jockey home-planet will be now.

totally agree

but ridley already defeated that and will he help blomkamp to go the route me and you want. prometheus was a necessary "evil" so to speak.

i like prometheus.

i just wish they would go the engineer route and leave the xenos. and even if they wish leave the alien tie in behind

BUT

will they do that ??

they will keep on teasing but never actually come close to it . that was prometheus's purpose .

T Dog

Well I just hope that Blomkamp can get his hands on some of that Jockey tech for his movie!

His words (and yes they are just words) of wanting to make a freudian nightmare and have the movie be psychosexual is certainly promising. They are just words though. But I'd much rather someone with that attitude explore the Jockey homeworld and their mythology versus a man in his mid 70s who just say's "f**k this, f**k the fans, I'm just going to do my own thing" and it not be particularly good.

oduodu

a man in his mid 70s who just say's "f**k this, f**k the fans, I'm just going to do my own thing

still laughing.........

true none the less

i guess ridley will always be the only one who really knows why he did what he did.

it sometimes feels he literally just said: f**k this .........and rushed to get everything done to get to his next movie.

this is the reason why i question lindelof's inclusion as being ridleys decision.

this is confusing the hell out of me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed