Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 21, 2015, 02:48:51 PM

Author
Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2 (Read 75,264 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's clearly implied the Queen exerts some kind of control over the Warriors. She tells them to back away when Ripley threatens the eggs.

Son Of Kane

Yes, the same way my mother has control over me. :P

Kel G 426

The queen has authority, but that alone doesn't make the warriors blind in their obedience.

Aliens didn't undermine anything.

NetworkATTH

It depends one what you mean by authority. I don't think you can psycho-analyze an Alien or try and understand an Alien's life in a sociological frame as humans. The Queen isn't much of an authority to us, as could be seen as a resource. Most animals would see it that way, someone who can drive the population further and perhaps guide them as a better tactician.

Leaders do not exist to be monarchs in a functional caste system like an Alien one, they exist to prove they can provide to the greater whole of Aliens. You see these in ants, and termites. If an ant Queen proves it cannot provide for the hive, I believe it is eaten alive.

jimbob30

why does this film have to becareful not to tread on Prometheus 2 toes as from what ridley scott has been saying he wants to get away from the engineers and the xenomorphs don't like the way that what ridley wants he gets I would stick with the original plan that blomkamp had as Prometheus was ok and not that great if this new aliens movie flops ill blame ridley.i say get Cameron back to work with blomkamp

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: jimbob30 on Mar 28, 2015, 06:17:38 PM
why does this film have to becareful not to tread on Prometheus 2 toes

Because Ridley is producing.

As far as Ridley's comments about moving away from Aliens/Engineers, who knows what's true anymore? His mind is constantly flip-flopping, it seems. Even if Prom 2 doesn't feature any Aliens (likely) or Engineers (unlikely), I kind of expect their essence or style to carry some sort of weight, even indirectly, on the film.

For all we know the changes Blomkamp was asked to make have to do with the design of his Derelict/Juggernaut. Maybe he and Ridley will come to some sort of compromise. Only time will tell, really.

predxeno

Quote from: jimbob30 on Mar 28, 2015, 06:17:38 PM
why does this film have to becareful not to tread on Prometheus 2 toes as from what ridley scott has been saying he wants to get away from the engineers and the xenomorphs don't like the way that what ridley wants he gets I would stick with the original plan that blomkamp had as Prometheus was ok and not that great if this new aliens movie flops ill blame ridley.i say get Cameron back to work with blomkamp

While the Aliens won't be in Prometheus 2, I believe Engineer tech will be featured in Alien 5 so I imagine they want to iron out a few inconsistencies.

Nightmare Asylum

I hope they are able to make it look more like the Alien incarnation than the Prometheus incarnation. Perhaps they can handwave it and insinuate that the Alien Derelict is from a different era than the Prometheus Juggernaut.

Gash

Isn't that implied anyway? I always took it that the derelict was a much more ancient craft than the juggernaut, partially it's design and partially that it's carrying eggs, rather than a distillation of the eggs. Also of course the fact that it's implied to have rested on the planetoid for untold millennia rather than a couple of thousand years

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

We don't quite know that the goo is a 'distillation' of the eggs.

Gash

Well to me that's part of the fun of Prometheus. There's an ambiguity despite obvious design elements evoking certain connections. The urn room is reminiscent of the egg chamber, but in a more organised and therefore possibly industrial scale. It implies, maybe, that the Engineers have advanced the bio weapon from the basic egg to something more targetable, but just as dangerous in it's own way.

Born Of Cold Light

The Derelict certainly looks quite ancient, but if it's thousands of years older than what we saw in Prometheus, why does it look exactly the same?  You'd think that Engineer flight technology would have gotten better in that time.

Gash

The openings look even more vaginal, they became less timid. Probably miss them as they're now all asexual.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 29, 2015, 01:00:05 AM
The Derelict certainly looks quite ancient, but if it's thousands of years older than what we saw in Prometheus, why does it look exactly the same?  You'd think that Engineer flight technology would have gotten better in that time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. : P

predxeno

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 29, 2015, 01:00:05 AM

Well to be fair, LV-223 was left derelict for quite some time as well, and the film was originally meant to be an Alien prequel before Riddles copped out and sent that project sideways.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed