Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 962,798 times)

Keg

Keg

The controls in the old RE games are archaic and theres no denying that. Im currently playing Fear Effect 2 after just finishing the first game and these games feel awful to control as well but theyre 10 year old games. Look at how the first Tomb Raider controlled compared to modern action adventure games. It's atrocious but it wasnt at the time. That's what people where used to. I find once you adapt to the controls and get used to them, playing old games just seems to click and it all comes back to you.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Jan 24, 2012, 02:42:43 PM
Space Marines, the controls in RE before 4 and 5 are kinda the same like in 4 and 5 lol. You see in both styles you have to press a button to be able to shoot, and in both styles the movement is the same - press forward - your char goes forward/press back- your char goes back. You got to get used to the camera if you ask me. The controls are not so different imo. Or at least I feel them the same rofl

A lot of it's the camera angle, though. That's most of it, actually. The forward/backward movement scheme would make more sense with an over-the-shoulder perspective. As it is, it's just... what the hell were they thinking?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 24, 2012, 06:42:55 PM
Quote from: HicksUSCM on Jan 24, 2012, 02:42:43 PM
Space Marines, the controls in RE before 4 and 5 are kinda the same like in 4 and 5 lol. You see in both styles you have to press a button to be able to shoot, and in both styles the movement is the same - press forward - your char goes forward/press back- your char goes back. You got to get used to the camera if you ask me. The controls are not so different imo. Or at least I feel them the same rofl

A lot of it's the camera angle, though. That's most of it, actually. The forward/backward movement scheme would make more sense with an over-the-shoulder perspective. As it is, it's just... what the hell were they thinking?
Good observations about the RE control scheme that I never actually realized...  The movement is basically the same, though the new ones are a little faster and more fluid.  The aiming was always the main thing, anyway, as the only way to "aim" in old RE's was to wait until ole' monster was point-blank, then badoom.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Actually you have Auto Aim button <.< Its not necessary to wait for the zombie to come at blank range. You can press and hold the Auto Aim button and your char will aim at the enemy for you  ;)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Jan 24, 2012, 07:10:39 PM
Actually you have Auto Aim button <.< Its not necessary to wait for the zombie to come at blank range. You can press and hold the Auto Aim button and your char will aim at the enemy for you  ;)
Yes but you cant aim, exactly, just point your weapon at the enemy.  If you wait until they're point-blank, then pull back on the stick or pad you angle your gun up.  In original RE, it made zombie heads explode nice.

WinterActual

WinterActual

You cant aim for some body part except full up, straight in the middle or full down but thats why you have auto aim. And the headshots are completely random except for the magnum. Even with the shotgun at point blank and aiming up, there are 10% of missing headshot chance.

Keg

Keg

Just finished Fear Effect 2. Played the first one several times but never played the prequel. Christ what a mindf**k in more ways than one. First the plot is convulted to hell and I think I'd have to play it again and pay attention to every little detail to fully understand it and secondly, some of the puzzles are f**king brutal compared to the first game.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Jan 24, 2012, 02:16:23 PM
Quote from: Lie on Jan 24, 2012, 02:11:46 PM
Heavy Rain, 45 minutes of staring out a window just laughing at the guys pedo smile. :laugh: Followed but ignoring his wife. :laugh:

9/10 of from Eurogamer, well earned! ;D

Norman Jayden so makes that game worth its money.

I the Jayden cools and I'm interested in finding out more of his mysteries, but I find myself liking Scott Shelby more he reminds me of Columbo. ;D

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Lie on Jan 26, 2012, 06:48:48 PM
Heavy Rain, 45 minutes of staring out a window just laughing at the guys pedo smile. :laugh: Followed but ignoring his wife. :laugh:

I the Jayden cools and I'm interested in finding out more of his mysteries, but I find myself liking Scott Shelby more he reminds me of Columbo. ;D

He has a good voice-actor, too.

One piece of advice: Be SO, SO VERY CAREFUL of spoilers. 'Heavy Rain' relies SO MUCH on the mystery of the killer, and it's easier than you'd think to accidentally stumble across spoilers for it on sites like Youtube.

But it's a really, really fun game and you're in for one entertaining ride.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Resident Evil 4, just finished 3 yesterday moving on to 5 soon and then Revelations on the 7th.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I might be able to start doing the 1999 AvP game at a friend's house.
He got it to work there and if i get free time, whoa nelly will I be back home.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Dead Space.

Oh.

My.

God.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Jan 27, 2012, 01:40:19 AM
Quote from: Lie on Jan 26, 2012, 06:48:48 PM

He has a good voice-actor, too.

One piece of advice: Be SO, SO VERY CAREFUL of spoilers. 'Heavy Rain' relies SO MUCH on the mystery of the killer, and it's easier than you'd think to accidentally stumble across spoilers for it on sites like Youtube.

But it's a really, really fun game and you're in for one entertaining ride.

I lost Norman at the end... :'(

Great Game! ;D Best 6 hours I've spent in a long time!

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Pokemon Sapphire on GBA SP. Since my Xbox is KIA.

fry1236

fry1236

Does anyone know what Skyrim is like ? I see advertised everywhere but I don't want to waste money on it if I buy it and don't like it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed