Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 963,230 times)

Keg

Keg

Will I still enjoy this game playing on my own. I hear the best way to play is with others, but if you play with people you dont know, they can just grab the loot. Obviously playing with friends means theres less chance youre gonna be a dick about it. Plus its been out for a long time now and there wont be many people online. Is it worth just playing online and just letting whoever, come and go as they please or is the game still enjoyable playing single player on your own?

Oh and damn Claptrap is without doubt the best robot character since HK47 from Knights of The Old Republic.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Keg on Jun 20, 2011, 10:49:50 AM

Oh and damn Claptrap is without doubt the best robot character since HK47 from Knights of The Old Republic.

I agree with that :D But what about Rex the cyber dog in Fallout New Vegas.

Keg

Keg

Never played Fallout.

Terx2

Terx2

:o You should play it. It's real fun. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Keg

Keg

Well this is the first time ive played a RPS game and im really enjoying it so far. Its a bit strange at first but its the most unique FPS ive played since Bioshock and im absolutely loving it.

Quote from: Keg on Jun 20, 2011, 10:49:50 AM
Will I still enjoy this game playing on my own. I hear the best way to play is with others, but if you play with people you dont know, they can just grab the loot. Obviously playing with friends means theres less chance youre gonna be a dick about it. Plus its been out for a long time now and there wont be many people online. Is it worth just playing online and just letting whoever, come and go as they please or is the game still enjoyable playing single player on your own?

i only ever twice tried playing co-op, opnce was online with a stranger and it was a rubbish experience, and once with a friend split-screen, but you really need to play with someone with a similar skill level to you, and at the time i was level 30 and he had never played it before, you can either start from the beginning with a friend, which is kind of hard to go back to basics when you have played as much as i had, or jump in where you are at, but have your friend be totally inexperienced and unprepared for playing at a higher level, both of which scenarios we tried and neither felt right,
if you have already started, then you'll be fine playing on your own to be honest.

Keg

Keg

Ah so if you jump in with somebody who's level is really high then your enemies are obviously higher too so while it will be a cakewalk for your buddy it could be a pain in the arse?

I wish id had played this on release now when most people would have been similar levels. I think once ive beaten it once and you can replay the game with your current stats then it might be worth giving it a go.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Monster Hunter Tri

I HATE Gigginox's poison belly flop thing, hate it so f**kING much.

Nope

Nope

InFamous 2.
Feels oh so good man.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

F.E.A.R.

Steam has a great deal going on right now: all 4 games for $9.99 ;D 8)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2011, 02:55:36 AM
F.E.A.R.

Damn thats good! How long is this offer available for do you know?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Marathon 2: Durandal

Loving this game. Goddamn, I haven't become this obsessed with a fictional universe for quite some time.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 21, 2011, 02:59:44 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2011, 02:55:36 AM
F.E.A.R.

Damn thats good! How long is this offer available for do you know?

Still there far as I know.

Keg

Keg

How does Borderlands work online? Can other players start the same missions as you and progress with you or is it just the fact that there are other players doing their thing in the game world and you can choose to go help out from time to time? If you can both activitate a mission and then do it together i think ill just start an open game and see if from time to time anybody drops in.

Anyway seeing as I dont play MP none of you have my PSN name but its kegsafc if any of you want to add me, so feel free to drop in if im playing.

Quote from: Keg on Jun 22, 2011, 10:03:58 AM
How does Borderlands work online? Can other players start the same missions as you and progress with you or is it just the fact that there are other players doing their thing in the game world and you can choose to go help out from time to time? If you can both activitate a mission and then do it together i think ill just start an open game and see if from time to time anybody drops in.

Anyway seeing as I dont play MP none of you have my PSN name but its kegsafc if any of you want to add me, so feel free to drop in if im playing.

you either start at the beginning or you can jump into someone elses save game, or people can jump into yours, i think you do missions at the same time, but i'm not sure how strict it is. i was always put off by the fact that there's potential for people to be arseholes and steal all the good loot.

i've wanted to add you on PSN for AGES!!! for trophy comparing and such, so i'll get on that when i get home, and maybe i'll go back and finish borderlands at some point, and play with you.

also remember to get the DLC, the zombie island one is a lot of fun, and is helpful for reducing the learning curve a little, and reduces grinding, one of them introduces a safe for you to store things in, which is important, and there are 2 other DLCs that came out after i stopped playing, one of which continues the main story line and increases the level cap, not sure about the other one though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed