Black Super Predator?

Started by vortep, Sep 30, 2009, 07:05:09 PM

Author
Black Super Predator? (Read 212,318 times)

jordan

jordan

Quote from: Doomofman on Dec 15, 2009, 01:31:26 AM
Quote from: Skinner on Dec 15, 2009, 01:28:55 AM
That's what I thought. I also want to see what the ordinary predator will look like in this film.

Hopefully just that... Ordinary...

The problem is that the appearance of the ordinary Predator appears to be symbolic of this 'reboot'.  I fear RR is trying to introduce a new generation of Predators here, and that he's going to make this statement by having his power-ranger Predators brutally kill Winstons Predator.  If theres a sequel to this movie, we might never see an ordinary Predator again.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: jordan on Dec 16, 2009, 12:31:08 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Dec 15, 2009, 01:31:26 AM
Quote from: Skinner on Dec 15, 2009, 01:28:55 AM
That's what I thought. I also want to see what the ordinary predator will look like in this film.

Hopefully just that... Ordinary...

The problem is that the appearance of the ordinary Predator appears to be symbolic of this 'reboot'.  I fear RR is trying to introduce a new generation of Predators here, and that he's going to make this statement by having his power-ranger Predators brutally kill Winstons Predator. If theres a sequel to this movie, we might never see an ordinary Predator again.

This is precisely what fears most of us . We could not see the ordinary Predator, and we're afraid what we could get in return ... Winston's Predators are unique. This is really art. This's what I love and that's what I would like to see again. Canon it's canon. The owner of the canon is RR now. He is the supreme creator. I'm not sure that he's able to found due respect for the original. :-\
All threads in this section are full of fear. Spoken loudly or not.

Who will be RR - creator or destroyer?

Fans don't trust RR.  ;)

Aran

Aran

I dont mind if the REGULAR PREDS LOOK LIKE WOLF AND CELTIC AND SCAR ALONG WITH CHOPPER.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I fear RR is trying to introduce a new generation of Predators here, and that he's going to make this statement by having his power-ranger Predators brutally kill Winstons Predator.  If theres a sequel to this movie, we might never see an ordinary Predator again.

Jordan, you have expressed my very fears and perhaps anger with those words in ways I couldn't express them.

The very symbolic element of the death of the original Predator character who Winston created is right there in the script, going as far as to suggest that the upgrade is superior than the original right in the introduction of the Predator vs Black Super Predator fight. I mean "Original vs Upgrade" ...What? Rodriguez might as well say that the original is obsolete and not cool anymore... oh wait... He has been saying that, or rather implying it.

Winston's Predator to me, is the best, and it will always be the best. You can't ever go wrong with the original. There isn't anything wrong with the original. You don't need to change the original. Why? Because it's a classic.

Unfortunately, Rodriguez thinks otherwise.

-Rakai'Thwei

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 16, 2009, 06:48:04 PM
I fear RR is trying to introduce a new generation of Predators here, and that he's going to make this statement by having his power-ranger Predators brutally kill Winstons Predator.  If theres a sequel to this movie, we might never see an ordinary Predator again.

Jordan, you have expressed my very fears and perhaps anger with those words in ways I couldn't express them.

The very symbolic element of the death of the original Predator character who Winston created is right there in the script, going as far as to suggest that the upgrade is superior than the original right in the introduction of the Predator vs Black Super Predator fight. I mean "Original vs Upgrade" ...What? Rodriguez might as well say that the original is obsolete and not cool anymore... oh wait... He has been saying that, or rather implying it.

Winston's Predator to me, is the best, and it will always be the best. You can't ever go wrong with the original. There isn't anything wrong with the original. You don't need to change the original. Why? Because it's a classic.

Unfortunately, Rodriguez thinks otherwise.

-Rakai'Thwei

This is it.
This is it.
I agree with both of you.
RR doesn't need to change the original. Why? Not only because it's a classic. It is perfection. Piece of art. You can't correct something what is perfect.

pmaz11

pmaz11

I agree with all of those statements as well. But I think a lot of it has to do with wanting some diversity, and how since we've had all the different looking predators in the (actual sequel) Predator 2, it's just taking the next step (may be be good or bad).

I can't judge the BSP since I haven't seen them yet, but I think RR is trying to implement different looking predators is all, to show how each is unique in its own way. I personally, just want regular looking predators like all of you but that's kinda what I feel like is part of the reason too.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Dec 16, 2009, 09:06:08 PM
I agree with all of those statements as well. But I think a lot of it has to do with wanting some diversity, and how since we've had all the different looking predators in the (actual sequel) Predator 2, it's just taking the next step (may be be good or bad).

I can't judge the BSP since I haven't seen them yet, but I think RR is trying to implement different looking predators is all to show how each is unique in its own way I personally, just want regular looking predators like all of you but that's kinda what I feel like is part of the reason too.

Everyone seems to focus on the exterior of the Predator, the appearances rather than the characterization of the creature. A Predator looking like the original is all fine and dandy, thats great but what about the character itself? What about the elements that make the Predator the Predator?

Sure, a great looking Predator is awesome but what about the creature hunting for the thrill of the hunt? You know, the standards which the Thomas Brothers had set?

Predators hunted for the thrill, to test their medal against challenging, dangerous and worthy prey. The more dangerous the prey hunted, the better the hunter and deadlier, right? Because to me, thats what makes the Predator who he is. A hunter. A warrior who followed a bizarre conduct of the hunt.

Thats the Predator, right? You know, the creature we all know and love, and hold in such in high regaurd?

I don't see why these BSPs need to hunt their prey just to disect them to see what makes them tick, and to assimilate their DNA into their bodies to mutate even more. Is that the Predator we all know? I don't think so.

-Rakai'Thwei

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 16, 2009, 09:13:11 PM

Everyone seems to focus on the exterior of the Predator, the appearances rather than the characterization of the creature. A Predator looking like the original is all fine and dandy, thats great but what about the character itself? What about the elements that make the Predator the Predator?
I think the characterization is definitely almost just as important. I was very impressed with Ian Whytes performance in AVP-R, because he really seemed to become familiar with the movements and the suit so he did a good job. It's too bad he won't be in the suit for this film.

Hopefully Derek Mears knows what he needs to do to make it work...

QuoteI don't see why these BSPs need to hunt their prey just to disect them to see what makes them tick, and to assimilate their DNA into their bodies to mutate even more. Is that the Predator we all know? I don't think so.

-Rakai'Thwei

Well that kinda goes back to what I was saying about how they may want to create some diversity with the predators and make them look a little different and act different. RR definitely likes to go over the top with some elements in his films, and it's possible that may happen with Predators, since there is dogs and falcons or whatever.

It is still odd that they seem to be changing a lot of aspects of the predator, but as long as they can still portray the predators well and believable than I still think this may be a good movie.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Dec 16, 2009, 09:06:08 PM

I can't judge the BSP since I haven't seen them yet, but I think RR is trying to implement different looking predators is all, to show how each is unique in its own way. I personally, just want regular looking predators like all of you but that's kinda what I feel like is part of the reason too.

Yea. But if he tries to change this appearance so much, he shouldn't make movie named "Predators". Let he does his own movie with his own monsters. There is no need to name it Predators. And there is no need to destroy the portrait of our monsters. Winston's holiness.
Yes, you right. We should wait. We should see the effect of his changes. We shouldn't judge before we could see anything. But hope is very fragile. All of us were waiting so long. Time is hot. Emotions are growing so high. So...
This waiting is killing me.  :-\

Rakai is right, like always.
RR loses all meaning of Predators. All this philosophy is disappear. And there is no thrill of hunt. There is only slaughterhouse.  :-\

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Now here is another question...

These Black Super Predators, they're supposed to be either Elite Warriors or a renegade clan which has gone horribly awry with the mutations. From what I've read in the script and from what I have been hearing, they seem to be a little bit of both.

So, if they are Elite Mutant Warriors/Renegades... where does this put all the normal Veteran warriors, Elders, and Ancients, who are supposed to be so insanely skilled? Does this make them obsolete or what?

-Rakai'Thwei

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 16, 2009, 09:28:47 PM

Yea. But if he tries to change this appearance so much, he shouldn't make movie named "Predators". Let he does his own movie with his own monsters. There is no need to name it Predators. And there is no need to destroy the portrait of our monsters. Winston's holiness.
Yes, you right. We should wait. We should see the effect of his changes. We shouldn't judge before we could see anything. But hope is very fragile. All of us were waiting so long. Time is hot. Emotions are growing so high. So...
This waiting is killing me.  :-\

Yeah I see what your saying. I have faith that Nimrod will stay very true to the original design and character of the predators because he is a talented director and has a unique style.

QuoteRakai is right, like always.
RR loses all meaning of Predators. All this philosophy is disappear. And there is no thrill of hunt. There is only slaughterhouse.  :-\
With RR there will definitely be some brutal killings and gore. I think that the film will have a good use of suspenseful movements, and so hopefully this film will stay true to the original like they have said so we can see that element of there being a hunt.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 16, 2009, 09:34:31 PM

These Black Super Predators, they're supposed to be either Elite Warriors or a renegade clan which has gone horribly awry with the mutations. From what I've read in the script and from what I have been hearing, they seem to be a little bit of both.

So, if they are Elite Mutant Warriors/Renegades... where does this put all the normal Veteran warriors, Elders, and Ancients, who are supposed to be so insanely skilled? Does this make them obsolete or what?

-Rakai'Thwei
I haven't read the script yet, so I don't know all the details about them...If it was my guess, I'd say that hopefully as long as they can explain why these predators are mutated/renegades or whatever. Then it will put these BSP's in a different category aside from elders and such. It's hard to say, because with the fact that there are many different clans and groups of predators, it could just be an outside clan that is simply different which could make the predator characters seem more and more mysterious and such. But if they do a poor job of explaining background on them (at least some) then the film won't be the TRUE SEQUEL,  that RR proclaims it to be.  

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Dec 16, 2009, 09:27:48 PM
I think the characterization is definitely almost just as important. I was very impressed with Ian Whytes performance in AVP-R, because he really seemed to become familiar with the movements and the suit so he did a good job. It's too bad he won't be in the suit for this film.

Hopefully Derek Mears knows what he needs to do to make it work...

It's more than just the movements of the man in the suit. It's much, much, much more deeper than that.

Having the appearance is a good thing, having the movements down is good but as I said it's much more deeper than either of those two. Something which Predator 2 has set as a standard with the Ghost Predator character aka Pussyface which helped expand Predators as we know them and set that bar.

Predators needing to upgrade themselves genetically... it's been beaten like a dead horse but I'll say it, is redundant. Fans have said that it is cheating in the hunt, and I agree.

These Predators don't hunt for the thrill, nor do they handicap themselves to give the hunt more sport or challenge which both Diablo Predator (Anytime) or Ghost Predator (Pussyface) did in Predator 1 and 2.

It's this element which is... I think crucial and makes the Predator, the Predator...

I just don't see this element in these BSPs.

-Rakai'Thwei

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 16, 2009, 09:34:31 PM

-Rakai'Thwei

What I understood from script:
1# BSP are mutated, not elite. Like Bad Blood. So they are outside the law, outcasts.
If so - they can fight against everything. No rules, no honor, nothing...
2# But if they are so powerful - why they make them preys weaker?
Transferring prey to their own territory, they have all the advantages. Where is the challenge? It makes no sens for me...

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Dec 16, 2009, 09:40:43 PM
With RR there will definitely be some brutal killings and gore. I think that the film will have a good use of suspenseful movements, and so hopefully this film will stay true to the original like they have said so we can see that element of there being a hunt.
This movies need to be gore, bloody, etc. But it should make sens. No just slaughterhouse.  :-\
Rules. Sens. This is what I need....

pmaz11

pmaz11

Yeah, I definitely felt Predator 2 created the deeper meaning and story behind predators which made them a stronger icon to everyone, even after we were given the first Predator, which was the whole basis of the character.

I don't see why they need to have the BSP's exactly, but I guess it's to be assumed that all predators arn't neccesarily honorable like most others. Does it make it the better choice? Not sure yet, but like I said if they at least get a lot of characteristics of the predator right and give us an entertaining film. I can't complain too much.

I'm still very excited to see the movie when it comes out. I have hopes it'll be a good film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed