Noah Hawley Has Plans For Multiple 'Alien' Seasons

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 17, 2024, 04:16:47 AM

Author
Noah Hawley Has Plans For Multiple 'Alien' Seasons (Read 6,945 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Hulu/FX release weekly, thankfully.

I'm pretty sure Netflix are the only ones still stuck in the " dump it all at once" release mode that they originated.

Mike’s Monsters

Some shows drop all at once nowadays on HULU. The current running hit show "The Bear" dropped all of season 2 at the same time, and there's talk of doing the same for season 3. Many argued that the full drop hurts the audience retention of the show, saying that it could have had weeks worth of online buzz, but didn't because it's all done at once.

I'd like ALIEN to be weekly.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 13, 2024, 05:38:13 PMSome shows drop all at once nowadays on HULU. The current running hit show "The Bear" dropped all of season 2 at the same time, and there's talk of doing the same for season 3. Many argued that the full drop hurts the audience retention of the show, saying that it could have had weeks worth of online buzz, but didn't because it's all done at once.

Yeah, i would prefer for Alien to have a weekly release.

The weekly drops helps the discussion and awareness of the series, instead of just a week or two of either people loving it or hating it.

MudButt

I imagine Alien might be a 2 episode premiere and then become weekly.

Jia

It is being shot in Thailand as they wanted tropical, sweaty aesthetics- noah hawley said it on a podcast

BigDaddyJohn

The more I learn about this, the more curious I get.

If it lands, it could really be something great.

If it fails, I see it fail extremely hard.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Jia on Feb 15, 2024, 11:19:06 AMIt is being shot in Thailand as they wanted tropical, sweaty aesthetics- noah hawley said it on a podcast

What podcast?

Jia

He was on couple of those that I hear- armchair expert ( Dax shephard) and life is short( Justin long)...I don't recall exactly in which he said it. It's not that he talked abt the show in detail, but did say that thailand though wasn't what he had planned initially,  it played nicely into the working class look the first one had

DaveT937

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 15, 2024, 03:37:12 PM
Quote from: Jia on Feb 15, 2024, 11:19:06 AMIt is being shot in Thailand as they wanted tropical, sweaty aesthetics- noah hawley said it on a podcast

What podcast?
Justin Long's...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 13, 2024, 05:38:13 PMSome shows drop all at once nowadays on HULU. The current running hit show "The Bear" dropped all of season 2 at the same time, and there's talk of doing the same for season 3. Many argued that the full drop hurts the audience retention of the show, saying that it could have had weeks worth of online buzz, but didn't because it's all done at once.

I'm hoping for the same too. I really want to come and see that discussion and speculation after each week.

Nightmare Asylum

This is still an FX show releasing concurrently on/through Hulu rather than a straight up Hulu original, right?

Just started FX's Shōgun last night (on Hulu) and really dug the first two episodes (they dropped two on premiere day, with the rest set to release weekly one at a time). Bodes well for Hawley's Alien show in seeing just how grand the show feels and what kind of resources FX allocated for it (and bodes well for Blade Runner 2099 as well, in that the director of the first two episodes of Shōgun is also set to direct the first two episodes of that show) – the show's first two episodes feel like real genuine "event television" in the vein of what one would typically expect from HBO.

BigDaddyJohn

Budget has to be big to bring this universe back to life for numerous hours of television. It does feel like an "event" series reading about it here and there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed