Noah Hawley Talks Alien Series Storytelling and Aesthetic

Started by Gimitko, Nov 22, 2023, 02:32:52 PM

Author
Noah Hawley Talks Alien Series Storytelling and Aesthetic (Read 5,202 times)

Turo

While I'm pleased to hear that they'll be returning more to the design aesthetic of "Alien," I'm concerned with the possible implication that it will be turned into a climate and AI catastrophist political narrative than actually storytelling.

BenditlikeBeckum

Cheaply fabricated 70s outfits= something retro futury. or that Noah wanted to have them in a faux music video.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

https://carolcasecostumes.com/
Very malebrained of you to dismiss costume design.

Digideus

I'm still flabbergasted that his 1st idea was to bring the alien to earth.  What could go wrong? 

the more I learn the less I think this will be good

Slutty Badger

The whole "bringing the Alien to Earth" thing doesn't even make sense, given that the members of the Prometheus expedition were the first to encounter anything that wasn't a giant insect.

RhinoAlien

Looks kinda Space:1999 ish to me.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

I'm squeemish at the thought  that what he means is to showcase everything that makes the world outlandishly 'alien'....not xenomorph per say. Which means its going to be yet again 'no hrgiger to be found'. I mean if they haven't even discovered the so called alien, then they need a reason to place protocols and assignments to capture that whatever it is that is out there.

I find the engineers legacy to create such a thing plus merging the artistic mastery of hr gigers designs, lithographs and other such concepts to be the most desired thing. I mean.....who wouldn't want to delve into the Necronomicons Giger made? and these aren't even Evil Dead Necronomics or even HP Lovecrafts necronomics!

I know nobody wants to pimp his ride anymore because the man is gone! but show some respect!
Noah going to not credit him while he snorts his own snow, trying to pimp his Fargo stuff makes me feel kind of numb at this point.

Local Trouble

You sound like a real Giger alum.

RhinoAlien

Not canon the Aliens were created by the Engies and/or Space Jockeys. I think it would be boring and a disappointment if they did.

BenditlikeBeckum

everyone of us here needs to be into that institution.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: RhinoAlien on Nov 26, 2023, 06:44:18 PMNot canon the Aliens were created by the Engies and/or Space Jockeys. I think it would be boring and a disappointment if they did.

Actually, according to Building Better Worlds, there is a possibility that the Xenomorph existed without any input from the Engineers, and that the Engineers worshiped them. In their efforts to recreate the "Destroying Angel", the Engineers created the Fulfremmen and their Protomorphs (the Deacon and so on).

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Can you imagine that the Engineers put into practice something like their own Cargo Cult?

At least at the beginning of their society, having some contact with an enigmatic civilization of biomechanical life forms, which they tried to emulate in the future.

XENOMORPHOSIS

@ Sluty Badger wasn't an earlier draft of the script of Prometheus which was either Alien Engineers or Paradise suggested that the Engineers lacked the ability to procreate, they found a bizarre angelic ethereal being the Deacon ish creature which they worshiped displayed with the mural in the cave on LV-223, using its blood as a means of creating new life "the whole death and rebirth rising from the ashes aliens cycle". That Deacon's blood was supposedly what the first engineer drank on earth creating the primordial soup, it's said that through the ages they filtered the Deacons blood and didn't have a pure strain and it devolved into the deadly pathogen creating aggressive monstrosities related to the Xenomorph, return. It appears alot of these details changed to not give a definitive explanation and the whole Xeneomorph/ Space Jockey Engineer connection isn't made clear.

ralfy

Probably has to do with the idea that the most viewers had never seen nor heard about the first four movies, so retconning is inevitable, with the base story following this series and the prequels. In which case, they can even re-do the first four movies. It's similar to what was being done in other franchises.

Local Trouble

Quote from: ralfy on Nov 27, 2023, 12:02:56 AMProbably has to do with the idea that the most viewers had never seen nor heard about the first four movies

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed