Noah Hawley speaks at Austin Film Festival

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Oct 28, 2023, 10:43:56 AM

Author
Noah Hawley speaks at Austin Film Festival (Read 9,851 times)

kwisatz

We're not worthy!

Local Trouble

Quote from: Gimitko on Oct 29, 2023, 10:24:35 PMHawley is an actual genius, you have NO IDEA how lucky you are to have your property adapted by him. Ive been absolutely obsessed with Legion the past few weeks and just now realized the villain is a Noah self-insert and I havent seen one person figure that out. Holy shit. I know this sounds exaggerated and arrogant, like im raving like a lunatic, but the second you understand Legion and enter Noahs headspace, you understand that he is basically the second coming. Its the most sophisticated piece of art I have seen.

Immortan Jonesy

I am looking forward to see the apologies to Noah once the show rocks >:(👉👈

Local Trouble

Me too.  I expect SiL and CB to eat a lot of crow when it turns out that Wendy and Tootles are the greatest characters since the original film.

ralfy

The atmosphere, character development, etc., are doable, but what to show in place of the "will they survive?" storyline? The answer refers to "does humanity deserve to survive"? Does that imply drama, with human beings in conflict with each other and the alien used as a tool in that conflict?

Reminds me of the unused script for the third alien movie, with groups of human beings fighting over the alien, fighting against the alien, and fighting with each other.

SiL

Quote from: Gimitko on Oct 29, 2023, 10:24:35 PMHawley is an actual genius, you have NO IDEA how lucky you are to have your property adapted by him. Ive been absolutely obsessed with Legion the past few weeks and just now realized the villain is a Noah self-insert and I havent seen one person figure that out. Holy shit. I know this sounds exaggerated and arrogant, like im raving like a lunatic, but the second you understand Legion and enter Noahs headspace, you understand that he is basically the second coming. Its the most sophisticated piece of art I have seen.
I tried to watch Lucy in the Sky on a plane on a 12 hour flight after exhausting everything I wanted to see and honestly decided staring at the floor for the remaining three hours was a better use of my time.

Anyone can make a stinker.

SM

I only watched the first four or five series, but wasn't each series of the The Walking Dead a dozen hours of "Are they going to survive?"

SiL

Yeah and it was pretty boring for long stretches of it.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2023, 06:02:02 AMYeah and it was pretty boring for long stretches of it.

I dunno.  I really liked the early seasons.  Do we know how long this series is?  Half a dozen episodes couldn't be that hard.

SiL

The show had a tendency to start strong, lag in the middle, then pick up again in the last few episodes.

I think this is 10 episodes.

SM

The Netflix Marvel stuff was like that. Good start, good end, sagged in the middle. The Disney stuff they do with 6 eps or so is a lot tighter.

SiL

Yeah, Not everything needs ten hours.

I don't see how something like Hadley's  Hope couldn't easily sustain a longer series and keep the Alien conventions but then I'm not The Second Coming.

BlueMarsalis79

I have always been anti Hadley's Hope prequels honestly, or even anything like them.

Just boring to me.

skhellter

unimaginative and redundant.

SiL

Not actually suggesting Hadley's Hope as a story, just that a simple gradual takeover over of a location would sustain interest over a longer play time. The idea you need to reinvent the wheel to make a longer runtime sustainable is dull and unimaginative.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed