Kit Young Added To Cast; FX Series Halts Filming Amid SAG-AFTRA Strike

Started by MudButt, Aug 29, 2023, 02:37:10 AM

Author
Kit Young Added To Cast; FX Series Halts Filming Amid SAG-AFTRA Strike (Read 5,984 times)

MudButt

MudButt

https://deadline.com/2023/08/alien-kit-young-cast-production-shut-down-sag-aftra-strike-fx-1235530026/

QuoteShadow and Bone star Kit Young is part of the Season 1 cast of FX's Alien series, sources tell Deadline. Additionally, I hear filming in Thailand has been suspended due to the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike, and the cast was sent home Friday. According to sources, the break was planned as the show's production schedule was adjusted to account for the SAG-AFTRA work stoppage. Crew members are still working, and sets are still being prepared for when shooting resumes after the end of the strike, sources said.

I hear Young was a late addition who joined Alien after the bulk of the main cast, led by Sydney Chandler, was set, including Alex Lawther as a soldier named CJ, Samuel Blenkin as Boy Kavalier, a CEO, as well as Essie Davis as Dame Silvia and Adarsh Gourav as Slightly. Young plays a character named Tootles in Noah Hawley's prequel to the Alien franchise, I hear.

SiL

The sad thing is I unquestioningly believe there's a character named f**king Tootles in this.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2023, 03:29:22 AMThe sad thing is I unquestioningly believe there's a character named f**king Tootles in this.

Is that a new piece of information?  Are your expectations even lower now?

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 29, 2023, 03:31:56 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2023, 03:29:22 AMThe sad thing is I unquestioningly believe there's a character named f**king Tootles in this.

Is that a new piece of information?  Are your expectations even lower now?
No I think I'm ... I think I'm at the bottom? I feel good. I feel solid.

Gimitko

Gimitko

The Lost Boys are coming together nicely.

QuoteI hear his one-year deal for Alien would not impact his commitment to the Netflix fantasy series, which is awaiting word on a Season 3 renewal.

May Tootles rest in peace then.

Nightmare Asylum

Tootles is the name of one of the Lost Boys in Peter Pan, it seems. I'm guessing these derived names are going to wind up being codenames for the experiments/hybrids, rather than actual birth names, given the Peter Pan connection tethering them to one another.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 29, 2023, 05:44:35 PMTootles is the name of one of the Lost Boys in Peter Pan, it seems. I'm guessing these derived names are going to wind up being codenames for the experiments/hybrids, rather than actual birth names, given the Peter Pan connection tethering them to one another.

#optimistic

jacobo1122

It sucks that show had stopped filming, we waited long enough for it to even start filming :) But the most important thing right now is fight for writers and actors' rights. They deserve better, and I'll patiently wait as long as it takes. We should get Romulus to sweeten the wait, though I have concerns about it. During Strike there can't be any reshots and improvements to the movie, I hope that this won't affect quality of it.

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 29, 2023, 05:44:35 PMTootles is the name of one of the Lost Boys in Peter Pan, it seems. I'm guessing these derived names are going to wind up being codenames for the experiments/hybrids, rather than actual birth names, given the Peter Pan connection tethering them to one another.
Super powered Android Lost Boys.

Enjoy

I hear the strike may go on untill next spring. No more new anything for awhile.

Enjoy

This show might suck. Just occurred to me.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

I think the series potentially is making too much of a big deal of these new actors/actresses. Its not a big deal to me if this series just went floating onto shore like flotsam and jetsam do.
  What really matters most are the visuals. That said, this strike doesn't have anything to do with the visuals so at least if there was anything they wanted to do visually, now is the time.

HR GIger's work helped in this regard. They spent some coin on him in the first movie. But what can't be done today as  intensely as he did, they at least have time for now. But it might not be what they have in mind sadly.

Giger's nightmares are what makes us stay up at night searching for his stuff. At least it is for me. To not make a horror franchise based on horror is  a lost opportunity. I couldn't give a f**k about a strong buff female lead.......its been done before. Hey bionic women didn't last that long back in the day did it?

SiL

They're just reporting cast, like every series ever does.

Some Old Dude

Interesting that both Romulus and this are going hard on unknowns and up and comers. That's pretty cool.

Thatguy2068

Even though it's sad they halted filming for the TV show, I really do understand why they did it. Things would get pretty messy if they didn't let the Strike blow over

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed