Looming SAG-AFTRA strike throws a monkey wrench into Alien series production

Started by Gimitko, Jul 13, 2023, 09:12:38 AM

Author
Looming SAG-AFTRA strike throws a monkey wrench into Alien series production (Read 16,123 times)

Ingwar

Can you actually train ChatGPT? According to Michio Kaku it's just a chat bot. It doesn't create anything by itself, unless Kaku is wrong. It homogenizes existing stuff already made by humans. In this case stuff written by Sapkowski. Therefore referring to your post: I'm pretty sure it would have done better job than Witcher witters as it would simply follow plot and dialogue in the books without adding anything from itself as it's incapable of doing so.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 14, 2023, 06:44:53 PM"The endgame is to allow things to drag on until union members start losing their apartments and losing their houses," a studio executive told Deadline. Acknowledging the cold-as-ice approach, several other sources reiterated the statement. One insider called it "a cruel but necessary evil."

https://twitter.com/hearinladotcom/status/1679944957984133120

Ingwar

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 14, 2023, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 14, 2023, 12:33:15 PMSeries*

Film is done, unless the editors go on strike...

We don't know about that. Shooting is done, but they may need to do ADR and such. If that's the case, the film is stopped too.
Or we just get real shit audio

Still Collating...

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 14, 2023, 09:57:33 PMCan you actually train ChatGPT? According to Michio Kaku it's just a chat bot. It doesn't create anything by itself, unless Kaku is wrong. It homogenizes existing stuff already made by humans. In this case stuff written by Sapkowski. Therefore referring to your post: I'm pretty sure it would have done better job than Witcher witters as it would simply follow plot and dialogue in the books without adding anything from itself as it's incapable of doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSpv4zX9dF8

From what I heard, it's a very capable predictive text generator. Not sure if what Kaku said here is wrong, buuuut he's wrong about a bunch of stuff regarding physics (just watch some of his debates with his collogues), so nothing I hear from him or Joe, I can't take seriously.

And F off to the lousy CEO's who don't want to pay people what they deserve.   

SiL

You "train" chat-gpt by feeding it information, giving it a larger data set to draw from.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Worryingly producers and executives aren't likely to take the strikes seriously and potentially exploit loopholes and cheaper methods which will impact the crew, craftsman, set builders, technicians, cast many people in the production who are inadequately compensated and the quality of the show could suffer.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 15, 2023, 01:42:35 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 14, 2023, 09:57:33 PMCan you actually train ChatGPT? According to Michio Kaku it's just a chat bot. It doesn't create anything by itself, unless Kaku is wrong. It homogenizes existing stuff already made by humans. In this case stuff written by Sapkowski. Therefore referring to your post: I'm pretty sure it would have done better job than Witcher witters as it would simply follow plot and dialogue in the books without adding anything from itself as it's incapable of doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSpv4zX9dF8

From what I heard, it's a very capable predictive text generator. Not sure if what Kaku said here is wrong, buuuut he's wrong about a bunch of stuff regarding physics (just watch some of his debates with his collogues), so nothing I hear from him or Joe, I can't take seriously. 

...not to mantion how mutch his UFO fans love him.

https://twitter.com/WeAreLight05/status/1545635031770595329

Ingwar

Ingwar

We deviate from the topic. I don't care what he has to say about UFO and whether some UFO maniacs love him or not. We were talking about ChatGPT. One has nothing to do with the other. Also, let's be honest, every physicist is wrong about something regarding their field (Einstein was wrong many times) as we're still in infancy when it comes to understanding the nature of the universe. There is nothing wrong to be wrong when it comes to science as long as we learn from the mistakes. This is how we evolve.

Question: did anything that Kaku said about ChatGPT during interview with Rogan is wrong?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oh, I don't disagree with the OP, it's just that just because someone with some degree of authority says something, it doesn't mean they're right as you seem to be aware (not to mention Michio Kaku being cited as an expert on everything, I'm not necessarily addressing you though) and when their're right, well it's more like...

...plus the main job of these rock stars of science is to serve as science  comunicators for people like you and me in the media 😭👉👈 which is great overall🤓🙏 with Carl Sagan being my all-time favourite 8)🙏 . But as you may notice, they are not always so involved in the real world of academic research...and also☝ it's no secret, however, that the line between science fiction (more of a space opera style ;D ) and Mr. Kaku's intellectual claims is rather thin...I also forgot to mention how vaguely I know how science works.

Ingwar

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 15, 2023, 12:23:24 PMOh, I don't disagree with the OP, it's just that just because someone with some degree of authority says something, it doesn't mean they're right as you seem to be aware

Absolutely. I'm not an expert hence I referred to Kaku but it could have been any other scientist.

RIP77

Fede's Alien was filmed without being able to make changes to the script on set. It's something normal and they couldn't because of the strike. The director can make small changes to the script on set, but no more.

The re-recordings are important and more so in this context where they could not improve the script on set.

All movies need to improve the script on set and especially small or large reshoots.

Now they can't do reshoots without actors.

Gimitko

Gimitko

The crew of the series has added Nane Cornelius as "set decoration buyer Europe". Looking at his resume, he works only on films shot in Berlin. Pretty high likelihood Berlin will be the European location this will be filming at.

Also that fuels my theory Prodigy City is meant to be in futuristic Germany. Or at least is purposefully Germany-coded lol.

Enjoy

I heard studio execs had trees cut down that provided shade to the protesters.  Trees owned by the city. Imagine that mindset.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed