Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,942 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I have all of their Half-Life expansions but never played them. I wanted to finish the main game first but it got really tedious and I dropped it.

XSlayer300

XSlayer300

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2020, 04:02:21 AM
I have all of their Half-Life expansions but never played them. I wanted to finish the main game first but it got really tedious and I dropped it.

I've only played Half Life 1 when it was free before Alyx came out. But I eventually got bored with it and never continued it. Maybe after some time, why not look at Black Mesa? It's what should a remake (I am looking at you, DNF and WC3:R) would really be.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: XSlayer300 on Jul 25, 2020, 04:08:35 AM

I've only played Half Life 1 when it was free before Alyx came out. But I eventually got bored with it and never continued it. Maybe after some time, why not look at Black Mesa? It's what should a remake (I am looking at you, DNF and WC3:R) would really be.

I was thinking about Black Mesa a few years ago, but it was still unfinished at the time.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2020, 04:09:47 AM

I was thinking about Black Mesa a few years ago, but it was still unfinished at the time.
I recently started playing because it's finally finished. It's good, but obviously not on oar with modern gaming just because of the development time. Still, it's Half Life, with a new coat of paint. It's good!

XSlayer300

XSlayer300

Quote from: Stitch on Jul 25, 2020, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2020, 04:09:47 AM

I recently started playing because it's finally finished. It's good, but obviously not on oar with modern gaming just because of the development time. Still, it's Half Life, with a new coat of paint. It's good!

Just so you'd know, there are two versions of Black Mesa around the net, one is the free modification around in Moddb, however it does not contain the ending chapters, and a more complete, but paid version around Steam. If you like the experience from the mod version, then it's recommended to play the Steam version.

On-topic here, I am still playing SS13. But with a hint of Doom to my tastes.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

The Half Life series is easily my favorite video game of all time. As a youngster when it came out it completely sucked me in and loved every second of it. Team fortress is still one of my favorite multiplayer game as well. I don't game on the PC though or use VR so I'm hoping in my lifetime they'll actually come out with a third part...

Picked up Stranded Deep and AvP. Haven't touched AvP for the Xbox since it came out so I'm relearning everything.

I'm really enjoying stranded deep right now but having to constantly make sure my health, food and water levels are safe can get a little frustrating.

Kradan

Kradan

No love for Portal ?  :'(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 24, 2020, 08:08:17 PM
Finished Command & Conquer: Remastered and moving on to Red Alert Allied campaign.

I skipped straight ahead to Red Alert because I know it better from my youth. The final few Soviet missions are way harder than I remember.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 25, 2020, 04:45:40 PM
No love for Portal ?  :'(

I think you love it enough for several people.

Kradan

Kradan

Sure do

As much as you love Randy

Stitch

Stitch

I'm finding Terminator Resistance surprisingly good. It's clearly low budget, and the animations are very last gen, but after an iffy start, the music really kicks in and it gets a bit better. The best bit might be over early, though, unfortunately.

XSlayer300

XSlayer300

But, despite all of this, it's probably more faithful than all of the other Terminator games, I think. That's what A:CM should've been.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 25, 2020, 10:36:13 PM
Sure do

As much as you love Randy

Why can't you be more like Randy?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Good thing Elena picked up Drake's ring back in the first game, because otherwise this plot wouldn't happen at all.

Stitch

Stitch

Ending of Terminator Resistance was awesome. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Still think I paid the right price (£17.50).

Now 4/5 through Observation. Also loving it. Has a very Alien Isolation crossed with 2001: A Space Odyssey vibe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed