Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,571 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 22, 2014, 05:07:43 AM
DayZ: SA

Barely made it out of that base, but I got a lot of shit, and I only had to kill one person for it.

http://i.gyazo.com/60d0a5a8d4d1faefaefcb080bb4b8422.png

Now you need some sort of optics.  Iron sights suck.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

That and a new butstock. Mine's a little damaged.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 22, 2014, 05:07:43 AM
DayZ: SA

Barely made it out of that base, but I got a lot of shit, and I only had to kill one person for it.

http://i.gyazo.com/60d0a5a8d4d1faefaefcb080bb4b8422.png

How is the Stand alone? I've not had the pleasure of playing it? I briefly collaborated with Dean Hall years ago, when i did some freelance for Black Element Software. Nice guy. Energetic.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Well, it's still in alpha... but if you can get around all of the rough edges and bugs you can really enjoy it.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 22, 2014, 05:46:55 AM
Well, it's still in alpha... but if you can get around all of the rough edges and bugs you can really enjoy it.

I'm used to that sort of issue. I think I'll try it out. Thanks.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Gettin' an Arkham Asylum vibe from the game. It's real fun though.

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures

This game is hard x.x

Vertigo

Vertigo

Rocksmith (on Steam, but I believe there's a console port too, if you're into that kind of thing).

[Game synopsis, if you're not aware:]
Spoiler
Basically it's like Guitar Hero, except you plug in your real guitar (any guitar, using a 1/4"-to-USB cable) and actually learn how to play it. Note complexity scales to your ability level, so newbies can just play one important note from a phrase, and at its top level you'll be properly playing the song. You can also play bass, either by plugging in a bass guitar or having the game emulate bass sound from your lead guitar. And finally, you can use the game as an amp - there are tons of emulated effects pedals that you can fiddle around with. The pedals are unlocked by performance in game, which provides the sense of progression.
[close]

After several years of periodically messing around aimlessly on the guitar, running through the same little selection of songs I only knew the chords to but not any sense of rhythm, I hadn't really made any progress. A few weeks playing this game between 40 mins to 4 hours every day, and I'm finally making some serious improvements, and can do things I couldn't imagine ever being able to do beforehand.

Unless you manage to find a really good guitar teacher (I haven't had such luck), this is probably the best learning tool out there. It's very fun, and scales nicely to ability levels. I wouldn't recommend it for starting from scratch, because you'll need a real person to teach you the most basic techniques, but Rocksmith is ideal for mastering those techniques, learning a few more advanced ones and nailing down your muscle memory.

The most important thing for me is, unlike every other avenue I've tried, I want to keep learning with this - it's not a chore. It's well made, highly enjoyable and more than a little satisfying. And like Rock Band, it's made me fall in love with music all over again. /cheese.

Unfortunately I've just snapped my guitar strap, so I'm stuck with my ham-fisted lap-playing ability until the new one arrives.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

MGS4

Just aced the Crying Wolf fight, even if I did it in kind of a cheap way. :laugh: Not at all looking forward to the fight that's coming up, though.

WinterActual

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Played Dino Crisis 2 for a little while yesterday.  Hit detection is questionable and the auto lock sucks but still manages to be fun.  I forgot the story though and its coming back to me.

You think you are in the past when in reality YOU ARE IN THE FUTURE DUN DUN DUN.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Cal's mom.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

MGS4

Finished off Act 4. The Vamp fight is annoying, and I could do without the suicide gekkos, but the fight at the end is so worth it. And how the hell did I forget about the goofy shit that went on in the following Mission Briefing?  :laugh:

Cal427eb

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer

Not an Adept class player, but last night I did unlock an ultra rare character in that class, the "Awakened Collector". I thought that was at least neat, the few good guy collectors with the purpose of seeking vengeance against the Reapers.

Getting kind of sick of not getting the N7 Paladin though, especially when I unlock rare or ultra rare characters I already have. Same goes for weapons. I've grown content with the Cerberus Harrier I as a damage dealer, but when it comes to gold I'd like a good assault rifle that can deal even more damage and hopefully isn't as reliant on frequent ammo box visits. Thought about the N7 Valkyrie to at least give a shot but I don't have Omega DLC which costs $14, in fact I don't have any DLC that wasn't free. At least I've been wise enough to invest in jumbo equipment packs too, have lots of missiles and stuff.

Might revisit the N7 Typhoon III but the weight could be a problem for my infiltrator class. Does less damage per shot but has a high rate of fire and lots of ammo.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So, finished MGS4 again. I love the ending, even if it drags itself out a bit and the "zero to a hundred" metaphor is about forced as it could get. Still, damn fine game, overall. "This is good... isn't it?" :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed